(1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

I'm hoping there's a second eeveelution, they usually introduce two different kind of eeveelutions (except gen I) and it would be so odd if they only introduce one eeveelution. I mean, what's wrong with introducing two new eeveeutions?

By the way, I'm calling it Rock-type.

Is autumn really known as the season of winds in Japan? Source please.

guys,

its got nothing to do with mountains or autumn.
the symbols aki and yama have those meanings in japanese, but in the eeveelution features of pokesmash it is used in the title because the dude doing all the eeveelution cosplays is called Akiyama

130206_akiyama_eievuis.png

So if anyone believes they planned the meaning of the symbols that make up this guys name to fit with themes two eeveelutions would represent in XY, you would have to be freakin nuts.

There is no info implying a second eeveelution and I doubt any is coming.

Teal said:
Plus this akiyama thing was there before Sylveon was even revealed.

exactly..
heck the colors of the symbols seemed like they merely tried to put somewhat similar colors as on the official title, using ms word or something (could it be they didn't even realize these were eeveelution colors?) but are more recently closer to the actual colors.

Oh. Meh. I didnt feel like doing the research for it, but I am still betting that there will be. I really hope there is.
-Takes back that gloat. For now.-

I think it would be interesting to see a mountain-based eeveelution, though...

Incinermyn said:
My only problem was with idiots preaching that there will be new types when there's no evidence or reason for them.

Nintendo is doing a lot of weird stuffs with pokemon. They are going out of their NORMAL TRADITION so don't start calling anyone STUPID/IDIOTS yet cause possibilities are high that at the end of the day you might be the one who looks like an idiot for comments like these ... just saying!

godzilla41 said:
Incinermyn said:
My only problem was with idiots preaching that there will be new types when there's no evidence or reason for them.

Nintendo is doing a lot of weird stuffs with pokemon. They are going out of their NORMAL TRADITION so don't start calling anyone STUPID/IDIOTS yet cause possibilities are high that at the end of the day you might be the one who looks like an idiot for comments like these ... just saying!

...And you don't? Seriously, calm down. Anything is possible at this point. Either there will be a new type, or there won't be.
I might not share the same opinion as you (I do not believe there will be a new type), but you don't see me flaming about it.
We just need to wait and see.

godzilla41 said:
Incinermyn said:

Ninety percent of the time, I tend to be right. I'm just tired of all people BS-ing over how new types are guarenteed when they aren't. If anything, Nintendo is just trying to excite people by feeding out a little info at a time, not trying to introduce something entirely unexpected.

DNA said:
...And you don't? Seriously, calm down. Anything is possible at this point. Either there will be a new type, or there won't be.
I might not share the same opinion as you (I do not believe there will be a new type), but you don't see me flaming about it.We just need to wait and see.

LOL wtf? One weird fella ... wasn't even fuming or bashing anyone. AKWARD!

Bottom line is: no one is stupid or an idiot. it's all theories for the moment. Untill the officials comes out and says there will/will not be a new type, its all just theories for the moment.

Yeah, I'd like to believe there is a new type, and I do believe in a small percentage that there will be. Im not all THERE WILL DEFINITELY BE A NEW TYPE though. I have my reasons for thinking there COULD be, and I also have my reasons for thinking there may not be just as much if not more. Im not going to say people that think there will for sure be a new type are stupid, though. o.o

Zielo said:
Yeah, I'd like to believe there is a new type, and I do believe in a small percentage that there will be. Im not all THERE WILL DEFINITELY BE A NEW TYPE though. I have my reasons for thinking there COULD be, and I also have my reasons for thinking there may not be just as much if not more. Im not going to say people that think there will for sure be a new type are stupid, though. o.o

Exactly! Anything is possible after all we are not the one RUNNING the company. It's the pokemon company's job to keep the players interested.

We fans can just ASSUME but that dosen't mean everything we assume will turn out right. I really hate it when someone goes out of the box and starts calling someone an idiot/stupid because someone expressed something which dose not follow their own point of view! To me this is nonsense ...

godzilla41 said:
Zielo said:

Exactly! Anything is possible after all we are not the one RUNNING the company. It's the pokemon company's job to keep the players interested.

We fans can just ASSUME but that dosen't mean everything we assume will turn out right. I really hate it when someone goes out of the box and starts calling someone an idiot/stupid because someone expressed something which dose not follow their own point of view! To me this is nonsense ...

Generally, when I call people idiots, it's because they're trying to prove things without solid evidence. These new type theories are a dime a dozen and usually stupid-sounding. The biggest reason to believe that there won't be a new type, though, is that it been done since Gen 2 and with just cause. Dark and Steel types were only added to balance out the already overpowered Psychic and Dragon types. A new type would offset that balance. If Sylveon is anything, it's probably Flying due to its name referencing sylphs, which are a type of wind sprite or fairy. I mean it even looks like a fairy Pokemon. Use some common sense!

I wouldn't say Steel and Dark were introduced just to balance the type chart... Like, Magnemite and Magneton were added the Steel-type in gen II because they're magnets, so it makes sense to have a Steel-type when you want to make creatures based on metal objects...

Metalizard said:
I wouldn't say Steel and Dark were introduced just to balance the type chart... Like, Magnemite and Magneton were added the Steel-type in gen II because they're magnets, so it makes sense to have a Steel-type when you want to make creatures based on metal objects...

I think that they were predominantely introduced to bring the Psychic type (which was highly overpowered in Gen.1) down a notch and bring the Fighting type (which was slightly underpowered) up a notch.

That said, your point on having a Steel for a metal based creature is very valid, plus Steel and Dark rounded out the 'elements' as it were.

edit: I also think that more info could be revealed in a couple of days, due to Sylveon being revealed on Valentines Day, could it be plausible that more info is revealed on Easter Day (the next big holiday)?

Paddy185 said:
edit: I also think that more info could be revealed in a couple of days, due to Sylveon being revealed on Valentines Day, could it be plausible that more info is revealed on Easter Day (the next big holiday)?
As much as I would wish that would happen, Valentines Day was probably just a coincidence. Easter is a really religious holiday anyway, and a Sunday at that, so I have my doubts on anything other than a picture of an Azumarill with a basket of Exeggcutes on their facebook page being released.. xD

As far as the whole type thing though, there are reasons to back up why there could be a new type. It really isnt a stupid speculation since everyone has their reasons, but I guess it all depends on ones own tolerance level of what they think is stupid and what isnt...
And, as it was said earlier on in this topic, if GameFreak wanted to do something, they would get it done. In other words, if a new type is what they wanted, they would go through the trouble of balancing everything out and making it work. That doesnt mean that there will be a new type, it just means there could be and it is all around possible. I just wouldnt knock the theory of a new type just yet.

I am more for Sylveon being Flying though, since im finding a lot more evidence of it being Flying than there are for it being a new type.

I haven't found any way/source to prove it, but I think gamefreak already knew they would add Dark and Steel when they released RB (before GS development started)

They initially had 190 pokemon ready at one point of RBs development (which included Scizor, Sneasel, Skarmory, Houndour and Tyranitar), but then took out 40 of them in case the games sell well enough to warrant sequels (so they would already have a nice amount of sequel-esque pokes ready). So it doesn't seem like a stretch to me that they didn't include Dark and Steel yet for the same reason. To have something new added for Pokemon 2.

I doubt they wanted to add whatever random types JUST to balance the type chart (They could have done that by simply tweaking the 15 types). They added Steel and Dark because they felt unique and appropriate (especially when they had pokemon like Skarmory and Sneasel ready for those games..)

Which brings me to y point: if there was some unique interesting-enough concept that justifies a new type, they would have "come across it" while designing the last 400 pokemon, and would have added it with them. But that didn't happen, because whenever they made another pokemon, they didn't lack types to use for it.
ie,
"Oh I designed a pot golem thingie.. Ground and Ghost here we go..". If they had a moment like "Oh I designed a pot golem thingie, but I cannot think of any types that would possibly fit.. maybe we are missing something." then discussions of new types would follow, and whether it would pay off and how chaotic it would be for the past 649 etc etc.

Sylveon is going to be normal (and therefore probably the last Eeveelution). Its design (pink-ish white, similar to other normal types), name (nymph->fairy->most fairy-ish pokemon are normal (ex. Clefairy)), and attacks used in the trailer (ex. Trump Card) support that. Just my guess, but I'd put money on it.

^The attacks are nothing to base off. It uses (to my knowledge): Last Resort, which all Eeveelutions learn so that point is invalid, Trump Card, which Eevee can learn so by extension all Eeveelutions can learn, some new move which we have no idea about, therefore can't use that as evidence, and Swift, which is learned by such a wide variety of Pokemon that it can't really be used as evidence.

Besides, they probably specifically had it using common moves specifically so people wouldn't be able to tell what type it just based off of that. No point in keeping something an official secret if you give it away by having it use a certain type of move.

Back