(1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

I hope I'm not the only one who loves the look of this thing although I do like the name Ninfia more than Sylveon.

Still sticking with Fighting although Bug and Steel has now become much more likely in my eyes. I think if a Flying eevee were to come along then GF would make it much more recognizable. I'm thinking like an Altaria clone or something.

I was convinced it was Normal based on the design, but now looking at the roots of its names across the various languages, I do think that it could be Flying. I really don't know how people are seeing types like Dragon, Fighting, etc., to be honest... :/

Since Sylveon is apparently the only new Eeveelution, it makes me hope that it's Normal since that type isn't really linked to any other types/elements. If it's Flying, I would kind of hope they'd made a more masculine Ground-type counterpart to go with her and finish off the four classical elements.

Delta said:
I hope I'm not the only one who loves the look of this thing
You are not alone bro, check out my art thread. ;__; (Well, I know you actually have.)

It'll probably be ghost.

Why? Because these decisions rarely make sense.

RE: Ugly

bagoly14 said:
Ok let's see here...so far we have:

1.) Terrible Design
2.) Terrible Name
3.) Possible worst typings (flying/normal)
4.) 7 other way cooler eeveelutions

Based on all this why would anyone bother using this thing - unless it's got some uber stats, which likely also won't happen since no legendary since Deoxys has received swift as a move (assuming that's what it is using in the pictures)

I'm really disappointed since Eevee and it's evolutions are my favorite group of Pokemon - the designers should really put WAY more thought into the design process. The more Pokemon there are the harder it is to design them and the Pokemon franchise just seems to be getting more and more money hungry by trying to pump out as many new Pokemon as they can. What's next, a walking talking table or coffee maker? Jeez...:(

6 legendaries have Swift in their moveset, and, so what? Genesect learns Fury Cutter, nobody is ever going to use that move, yet I do not hear you complain about it. Just because you do not like it, does not mean it is useless, personally I think that Hydreigon looks like the waste product of a donkey, however that does not make it less useful.

And yes, Nintendo is a company, they try to make money, and as long as sell their products, they are going to keep making new games and 'pump as many new Pokémon out as they can'.

Not sure if anyone catched this but they say it's a type unlike any of the one it already has including normal. Therefore it's not normal.

DasMisfits said:
Not sure if anyone catched this but they say it's a type unlike any of the one it already has including normal. Therefore it's not normal.

Eevee does not have a Normal evolution yet? Eevee itself is a Normal-type, but they are talking about its evolutions. The Normal-type is still in the game.

Assuming it is a flying type, it could materialize wings when it needs to fly. If not, probably a normal type.

Man, with all these negative comments I feel like I'm the only one who really loves Sylveon: how it looks, the name, everything. It's already my favorite eeveelution (previously Leafeon) and I don't even know its type yet. Why is everyone so negative?

All i have to mention is te word sylvan, which has to do with the woods/trees. I bet it'll be flying type.

The more i look at it te more I like it.

I like how no one went off of the evolution chart. I for one never get these predictions right save for the obvious and i personally don't have any confidence in what its type may be. However going off of the evolution chart posted on the main page you have eevee in the center and all of its evolutions surrounding it. if you go to the opposite side of which ever evolution type you will see that the eevolution on that side is either strong against or weak against. for example, vaporeon and leafeon; grass beats water, flareon and glaceon; fire beats ice.

so with that logic i say that the Sylveon will either be weak or strong against jolteon thus making it either ground or flying, more likely flying based on what others say.

oh and for the record i love the way sylveon looks!! :)

jynxed said:
Man, with all these negative comments I feel like I'm the only one who really loves Sylveon: how it looks, the name, everything. It's already my favorite eeveelution (previously Leafeon) and I don't even know its type yet. Why is everyone so negative?
Because it literally looks like two existing Pokemon fused together as an Eeveelution. I can't remember other new Pokemon looking this similar to previous ones. Granted, the fandumb often has extreme negative reactions to new Pokemon, only for those Pokemon to grow on them later. This especially happens when you see the new Pokemon mixed in with existing ones. I hated Sylveon when it was first revealed (as well as all the BW starters), but seeing it with the other Eeveelutions makes it a little more acceptable to me now. But just a little.

I'm actually starting to lean toward a new type. Why else would they be trying to hide its type so aggressively? I was thinking it could randomly be Dragon before, but seeing it move changed my mind on that idea.
Hopefully it has absolutely terrible stats though... I might actually use it if it does :3

PLUS! Exciting enough, we'll get its hidden ability right out the door, so more options of actual use :D

Typhlosion231 said:
I like how no one went off of the evolution chart. I for one never get these predictions right save for the obvious and i personally don't have any confidence in what its type may be. However going off of the evolution chart posted on the main page you have eevee in the center and all of its evolutions surrounding it. if you go to the opposite side of which ever evolution type you will see that the eevolution on that side is either strong against or weak against. for example, vaporeon and leafeon; grass beats water, flareon and glaceon; fire beats ice.

so with that logic i say that the Sylveon will either be weak or strong against jolteon thus making it either ground or flying, more likely flying based on what others say.

I noticed that as well, but you beat me to it. I personally think it will be flying type.

Someone on tumblr mentioned it could be the introduction of a new type altogether. And that Clefairy and Audino would be in this type. I'm not saying I believe it, but wasn't Umbreon the first dark type revealed? And Leafeon and Glaceon were the first to be revealed to evolve by location? Seems to me they like using the Eeveelutions to showcase new things. I could totally see a new type in which those three would fit... fairy.

EDIT: And that info has now been removed. How interesting is that???

Mist said:
Typhlosion231 said:

I noticed that as well, but you beat me to it. I personally think it will be flying type.

Yes, indeed. If you look at it, it goes like this...

Leafeon (Grass) >> Vaporeon (Water)
Umbreon (Dark) >> Espeon (Psychic)
Flareon (Fire) >> Glaceon (Ice)
Jolteon (Electric) >> Sylveon (???)

Electric is strong against Water and Flying. Since there's already Water, that leaves Flying.
For fun I kept going with Vaporeon.

Vaporeon (Water) >> A Rock or Ground type
Espeon (Psychic) >> A Poison or Fighting type

It seems unbecoming to us that they would release only one Eeveelution, so maybe if they reveal another it could be one of those types.

I stopped at Psychic, but it seems that if you keep going, you end up covering the rest of the types that don't have an Eeveelution yet. Almost systematically. Thought it depends on which type you pick.

The new Eeveelution looks pretty cool. What is it's type and why does it not have a name to the type? It does not make sense. I can barely say the name XD.:)

Back