(1) New Sword-like Pokemon, Hitotsuki [7/4]

Sheathed -- fantastic! Unsheathed -- still okay. I kinda dig the idea that it unsheathes in battle, though. Great typing combined with the ornate sheathe makes for a pretty cool execution for a sword-based Pokémon overall.

Teal said:
PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Hopefully they get rid of the useless HM Cut and if you have this Pokemon (or perhaps a handful of other Pokemon) in your party, they can just chop down trees without having to know a specific move. I hate Cut with a passion.
You needed Cut once in B/W. Pretty sure you didn't need it at all in B2W2.

Also, that kind of defeats the purpose of Cut. (Unlock places that you can't access before getting the move.) Although I guess you could even surf anytime in B/W if you traded a Pokémon with it?

Well, yes, that's true. I would prefer if they did away with those trees anyway.

The animation for this Pokemon will be really awesome, seeing it unsheathe itself when going into battle .

RangerX said:
I like it!! hope it learns swords dance!!

lol For some reason I got this picture in my head of how it should use it (obviously with swords instead of brooms): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSTWy25hRiI (Starts around 6 minutes and 45 seconds in).

Momaster12 said:
This is the dumbest Pokémon I have ever seen. That says a lot because I pretty much like them all.

lolno. Nothing will ever be worse than the deformed alien with the butt on its head (Mewtwo form).

Anyway, this is basically the standard inanimate Steel type for this Gen. Doesn't look particularly like anything special, but I love the typing and the design is neat. Definitely not another hated Pokemon for me.

Also, I guess you could say it can unsheath itself lol.

dmaster out.

Well, it's official. They have released the first Gen 6 Pokemon that I hate.

I don't even really hate the inanimate-object themed Pokemon. I love Litwick and I think Klink and his evolutions are awesome.

But this just looks horrible to me... I like his typing, but seriously hate the design. It seriously has no creativity in it other than its tail-like thing on its head. It's just a sword with an eye. Now, I'd like it a whole lot more if it's sheathed form was the actual Pokemon and it couldn't unsheath itself. That way it would resemble a sword but wouldn't literally be one.

I like it.

The pommel um hair thing actually looks like a ghostly arm and the whole eye thing has me screaming Legend of Zelda. It's not a normal inanimate Pokemon like Klink or Voltorb where you could easily "see" they are alive yet based off of objects but who said they had to follow a standard? I think everyone is jumping the gun on this one and I am sure once we find out more info on him he will have folks changing their tunes.

So far, if I'm not mistaken, most of the 6th gen pokemon have not been released alone. The ones that have been released alone have been pretty significant (Awakened mewtwo, sylveon). So, that being said, what is it about hitotsuki that makes it so special. Could we be looking at the first stage of this generation's pseudo-legendary? If we are, then I'm pretty sure it'll evolve into something badass, since there's so much potential there with the design/typing. If its not, then I think we're looking at this generation's Durant, meaning this pokemon is pretty much inconsequential. A "filler" if you will...

I don't understand why this pokemon is already getting so much hate...I don't usually care for inanimate object pokemon but i really like the looks of this one and its typing is really cool too!

Momaster12 said:
This is the dumbest Pokémon I have ever seen. That says a lot because I pretty much like them all.

No. Probopass holds that title. I really like the sword pokemon, can't wait to see more of it.

Teal said:
PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Hopefully they get rid of the useless HM Cut and if you have this Pokemon (or perhaps a handful of other Pokemon) in your party, they can just chop down trees without having to know a specific move. I hate Cut with a passion.
You needed Cut once in B/W. Pretty sure you didn't need it at all in B2W2.

Also, that kind of defeats the purpose of Cut. (Unlock places that you can't access before getting the move.) Although I guess you could even surf anytime in B/W if you traded a Pokémon with it?

You only need Cut in BW2 to cut down the trees in areas in the treehollow thing in White Forest.

If it has a nice evolution with nice defense (and preferably SpA), it would be definitely on my team.

So far, if I'm not mistaken, most of the 6th gen pokemon have not been released alone. The ones that have been released alone have been pretty significant (Awakened mewtwo, sylveon). So, that being said, what is it about hitotsuki that makes it so special. Could we be looking at the first stage of this generation's pseudo-legendary? If we are, then I'm pretty sure it'll evolve into something badass, since there's so much potential there with the design/typing. If its not, then I think we're looking at this generation's Durant, meaning this pokemon is pretty much inconsequential. A "filler" if you will...

That would be so awesome if it was true. Ghost is a Special type and Pseduo-Legendaries generally have both attacks really good. Maybe something around 110/130/140/100/60/60 if it is true.

Steel-Ghost aw yeah!
You do not know how long I've been wanting one! I'll probably end up using it in-game as one of my final six.

What exactly did people expect the inevitable Ghost/Steel Pokemon to look like? This beats a suit of armour... I like it, it looks cool and is probably a decent (but not really good) Pokemon. Hope it has Cursed Body, we need more Pokemon with it, and a Steel-Type with it would give some interesting switch-ins.

I'm a little concerned that it's probably another slow Ghost-Type, though. Gengar, Froslass and Mismagius are the only fast Ghosts thus far.

I am not a fan of the design, although I think I could get used to it. I really hope it evolves into some kind of awesome knight, because the typing is awesome!

Back