(1) New Pokemon Revealed on 'Oha Suta' [6/28]

FuzWuz said:
Yeah, but they weren't outlandish. We didn't have a ghost in a sarcophagus, we had objects, not Pokémon IN THE OBJECTS.
spiritomb was in the oddkeystone...

Hey, I've been lurking over the pokebeach forums for a well (particularly black/white related things) and I decided it was time to join....

Has anyone thought that in regards to Desukan with his coffin "shell" that what may be considered inorganic in our world may be considered organic in the pokemon world? Is that a hard concept to accept? That the pokemon world doesn't play the same rules as our own?

I think myself that Pokemon really have more in common with aliens than the animals that exist in our world. Sure they're based on real life things like birds and dogs but they don't always play by the same rules when it comes to anatomy.

I see nothing wrong with Desukan having a coffin around him, in fact he's one of my favourites so far along with the Green Jelly guy, Black Dress and Mijumaru. The Non Mantis and Denchura are pretty cool too.

Usually I end up liking the pokemon that I can't really figure out what they are or they don't have an obvious real world counterpart (like pokemon based on myths), it makes them more exciting and interesting.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
simply because I would not survive someone saying they actually like the sarcophagus-thing.

I love it. I see nothing wrong with it at all. If you don't like it then go star in an adult film with Tentacruel.... LOL. Just kidding, but seriously, what is wrong with the Beef Jerky In a Box?

Ugh.

I for one would love to see an actually decent-looking new Pokémon, and I'm still hoping, but so far this generation has not yet delivered, like, at all.

Really? I Think that all of the things that came out so far a pretty awesome (except Munna, cause what is it? i mean i looked on bulbapedia and the origins and name origins are blank... I still like it, but its wierd;) )

night_zekrom said:
Really? I Think that all of the things that came out so far a pretty awesome (except Munna, cause what is it? i mean i looked on bulbapedia and the origins and name origins are blank... I still like it, but its wierd;) )

Munna is a tapir. The ONLY reason I like it is because it's new. As long as it's not a Drowzee prevo, it's fine with me.

The only other two I have ever not liked are the black nameless pokemon that we got a sprite of. Art may or may not change that. Also, I didn't like Mijumaru, but it becomes respectable when it evolves. So, we're good to go.

It's delivered plenty so far. All we need now are more ghost types than just a sarcophagus and its family.

Why are ppl wanting a god awful type like grass/flying for tsutajaa? I'd rather have pure grass than that abomination. a dragon sub type or better yet an electric sub type would make this thing a beast.

LordBleckZ said:
Why are ppl wanting a god awful type like grass/flying for tsutajaa? I'd rather have pure grass than that abomination. a dragon sub type or better yet an electric sub type would make this thing a beast.

A pure crass type would suck and Grass Flying/Dragon would have 4x ice weakness

TheDarkLucario said:
A pure crass type would suck and Grass Flying/Dragon would have 4x ice weakness

yes pure grass would indeed suck, but grass/flying would be even worse. We are talking about an added weakness to rock, 2x weakness to ice, and lets face it flying doesnt exactly bring a whole bunch to the table, also i would have major doubts of tsutajja learning some decent STAB Flying type moves. Yes grass/dragon would have the 4x weakness to ice, but it would negate the fire weakness as well as 4x resistance against electric and grass.

LordBleckZ said:
yes pure grass would indeed suck, but grass/flying would be even worse. We are talking about an added weakness to rock, 2x weakness to ice, and lets face it flying doesnt exactly bring a whole bunch to the table, also i would have major doubts of tsutajja learning some decent STAB Flying type moves. Yes grass/dragon would have the 4x weakness to ice, but it would negate the fire weakness as well as 4x resistance against electric and grass.

As long as we don't have grass/ground again, nor anything else that makes a 4x weakness. 4x weakness starters are so obnoxious.

Well, it's a mixed bag for me. The starters, though initially looking a bit unconventional (natuarally) are fine. Zorua and Zoroark don't look far removed from Gen IV (so to me, that's a plus). Chiraami and the rest of its batch were a bit weird - but I generally am okay with them all except Shimama, which in my opinion looks stupidly proportioned, and just generally looks goofy - and Munna which is uh, puzzling.

Then we get to this batch....
*A sarcophagus / coffin? We can only see the back, but I find the concept - for a Pokemon - very outlandish and...well, annoying.
*That blue/red blocky, spikey dinosaur..."thing" is without a doubt the most abominable, atrocious, vomit-inducing (yay exaggeration), pile-of-rubbish-of-a-Pokemon I have ever laid eyes on. And don't quote me other stupid-looking ones, I'm aware of the current 493, and I'm pretty sure of my own opinion on this :p. Seriously though, this is just...ugh, I can't stand it. I'm going to torture every single one of these pests I come across in the game. Leech Seed + Fire Spin + Sleep + Nightmare + Constrict spamming. Phew!

The rest, I like, and/or know will grow on me however <=P. The armoured mole is pretty nifty, Ononononokusksusku thing is new but intriguing....still want to know what that happy green blob is supposed to be based on!
Despite a lot of people I'm fine with the black-dress-jack-in-a-box girl. We've got enough humanoid things in the current 493, I don't see why this one's so off-putting to people.

But: my main reasoning here is, I don't love them all, I don't hate them all - like Gens III and IV, I like Pokemon within the generations to different degrees. I don't think we should tarnish a whole generation with the same brush, so to speak =). Unless you really do hate them all so far, haha.

[n.b.: post contains opinions]

Ugh.

I've been avoiding this thread for as long as I could, and I still haven't read more than 10 posts of it, simply because I would not survive someone saying they actually like the sarcophagus-thing.

But seriously, anyone saying the complainers are being pessimistic or basically unconditionally hate these just because they're new. Do you actually think we wouldn't say we like a new Pokémon if, oh I don't know, we actually liked it? Do you really think we want to hate the new Pokémon? Do you really think we just hate because we want to? I mean, seriously, most of us are long-time Pokémon fans, are very active members on a Pokémon forum and have been liking Pokémon for so many years, do you really think we wouldn't love to see new, actually decent-looking Pokémon? Do you really think hating these new Pokémon makes us happy? Do you really think that when we say these don't feel like Pokémon we say that just to provoke and not because we actually mean it, being the experts on Pokémon we tend to be?

I for one would love to see an actually decent-looking new Pokémon, and I'm still hoping, but so far this generation has not yet delivered, like, at all.

get a clue if you dont like a pokemon say that dont say pokemon is over just because of a few pokemon

@Heavenly Spoon: What you posted was in fact pessimistic. You cannot deny that. Second, no one is going to hate you if you don't like the games. They'll just be annoyed, since you're like the guy with floor seats to a Lakers game who is complaining the entire time about the rules of basketball. In other words, if you love the game so much, pay attention to the illogical logic of GF and pokemon in general and realize that a whole lot of things just don't make sense or add up.

I myself find the coffin/sarcofagaus weird, but we have only seen the back sprite. I'm going to wait until PS, when hopefully these new pokemon will be explained more. Or until the main site updates.

I've been able to tolerate most of the reveals so far‚ but this one was a little disheartening‚ to be honest. The sarcophagus Pokemon seems a little fakemon-ish to me‚ and I don't care which angle Iook at it from‚ i isn't going to put a smile on my face. The three unnamed Pokes are amateur at best. Right up there with Mijumaru and Hihidaruma. I know, I'm being brutal, but I've loved the other designs, however.

As glad as I am that someone at Bulbapedia clued everyone in on the Pokemon design team and its inconsistencies over the years, the opinion backlash is as bad as ever. Finally, Pokemon fans get a viable argument for the 'they don't look like Pokemon' claim (though they've always had one), yet they still get shut down. Like Heavenly Spoon advocated, as a long time Pokemon fan, this criticizing doesn't exactly brighten my mood, but I'm compelled to atleast say something.

Fire_Master said:
since you're like the guy with floor seats to a Lakers game who is complaining the entire time about the rules of basketball.
It would be more like complaining about changing the rules, wouldn't it? And as a long-time basketball, would you not be upset as well?
I don't really think a sports analogy works here, but whatever.

Why I said what I said:
1) Because people were complaining about complainers, saying we had absolutely no reason to complain, or saying that we were just hating these because they're new, which does NOT AT ALL make sense, as I demonstrated.
2) Because this is a free country (not living in the US here, but you get my point). If you really want to think everyone likes these, go hide in a box or something, because nobody I've spoken to outside of these forums (and a lot of people on the forums) actually like these, like, at all.
3) Frustration. I'd really like to play a new, actually decent Pokémon game, but designs like these would make it very hard for me to appreciate the game. I was unable to finish Platinum because it bored me to death, there was almost nothing I felt was worth catching (which is in stark contrast with, say, Gold/Silver/Crystal, which I've actually replayed quite a few times). This gen only seems to make things worse.
Do you really want a rule which states that everyone who posts in this forum should like the news, because otherwise they'd annoy those who do? (Not that I'm not equally annoyed by those saying they like the sarcophagus, but whatever)

I didn't like 2nd or 4th generation stuff, but in my opinion GSC had the absolute worst stuff ever, as a whole. There were worse things, like Lickilicky, but 2nd gen as a whole was a giant disappointment for me. While the 4th gen, I just didn't like how many pokemon were just evolutions.

I like the majority of these designs, and I don't know why people go as far to say they're going to torture them in the wild when the game comes out.

- Darkrai - said:
Yeah, but we know literally nothing about the starters so If you don't mind me asking, why do you think it's the best starter?
Oh, I didn't mean stats or move sets, or anything like that. I meant I liked Mijumaru's design better than the other two starters.

Where some are people getting mantis for Ononokusu?
I personally believe that it's based on this.

RE: (1) New Pokemon Revealed on 'Oha Suta' [6/28]]

dwarfstar123 said:
I would love that too. I think it might be, like the circle stuff and the body insode it is its organs! (EW!) water bears to me are strangely cool.

that water bear thing looks like a gligar pre-evo to me but idk could be a whole different pokemon

Majora_787 said:
I didn't like 2nd or 4th generation stuff, but in my opinion GSC had the absolute worst stuff ever, as a whole. There were worse things, like Lickilicky, but 2nd gen as a whole was a giant disappointment for me. While the 4th gen, I just didn't like how many pokemon were just evolutions.
i agree i actually think the 2nd gen pokemon weren't that good. even though the games are cool most gen 2 pokemon are not that good IMO, but be careful because most people think the second gen is like the king of all gens

flyingmunky said:
that water bear thing looks like a gligar pre-evo to me but idk could be a whole different pokemon

Majora_787 said:
i agree i actually think the 2nd gen pokemon weren't that good. even though the games are cool most gen 2 pokemon are not that good IMO, but be careful because most people think the second gen is like the king of all gens

I don't see how that blob looks like Gligar at all, honestly... I mean, it's not part bat OR scorpion. It's not even a similar color.

Don't get me wrong, the 2nd generation had some awesome stuff. Multi-region game? Sweet. Ultimate champion? Also sweet. But my god, the stuff in the wild was so unappealing...

...Actually, now that I think about it. Has anything happened with Pokemon Sunday? Or no?

Majora_787 said:

I don't see how that blob looks like Gligar at all, honestly... I mean, it's not part bat OR scorpion. It's not even a similar color.

Don't get me wrong, the 2nd generation had some awesome stuff. Multi-region game? Sweet. Ultimate champion? Also sweet. But my god, the stuff in the wild was so unappealing...

...Actually, now that I think about it. Has anything happened with Pokemon Sunday? Or no?
[/quote]

Meh, call me what you want but I liked all Gens, of course some a little more than others. As for Pokemon Sunday, I highly doubt we'll be getting any news this week.

Back