(1) New Pokemon Game, ‘Pokkén Fighters’? [8/20]

I don't know why, but the title gives me a tekken feel. Actually, tekken and Pokemon together is pokken. Could it be a crossover between the tekken universe and Pokemon? It kinda explians the mysterious footage at the gameshow with the battle stances and the background.

It's definitely not a cross-over but definitely a Pokémon fighting game. Quite an interesting concept, however, I would definitely not pick it up if it is a fighter.

I'd purchase this IMMEDIATELY if it played like "Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations". I mean, the camera angle looks similar, does it not?

Wasn't there something a while ago about an upcoming Pokemon crossover? Was that ever revealed?

If not, this is probably it. Tekken seems like the immediate first assumption, but it could be something else.

Rusty Sticks said:
Wasn't there something a while ago about an upcoming Pokemon crossover? Was that ever revealed?

If not, this is probably it. Tekken seems like the immediate first assumption, but it could be something else.

The crossover was revealed to be the solitaire x horse racing game Gamefreak is making.

I don't think this is just for the Wii U

Note that they registered two trademarks.

Perhaps we will get a Wii U and 3DS Version. Regardless, this sounds awesome, I love me some fighting games.

I've been wanting an Pokemon fighting game for a loooong time now, so I hope that's really what we're getting here. I also hope it's not restricted to just Fighting types, like Lucario and Blaziken, in case that teaser with them is this new Pokken thing. I guess it's silly to judge a whole maybe-game off of three sections of maybe-related footage, but I can speculate, right? d:

Maybe it'll only be Pokemon that have Mega formes, with the Mega formes being a sort of mid-fight super mode dealie. There's fighting games with that sort of thing, right?...

I want to see the roster first, but I'm hoping it follows SMB's gameplay style. If it does, WHY? WHY nintendo are you trying to take away all my money?
SMB3DS, the legend of zelda a link between worlds, pokemon X and Y and now THIS?
F*** you nintendo! why did you have to be so g****** amazing?

This is farfetch'd but I hope they have 649 pokemon! It could be like Super smash brawl, have lucario be a reskin of mewtwo.

We technicaly don't knpw that is the thing they showed us for all we know it could be something completely different. If it isn't that lucario and blaziken scene I hope it is just some set of toys. If it is that scene I probably won't get it.

I immediately thought of Tekken. A pokemon fighting game like that would be pretty cool, and would remind me of Type Wild.

If it is a new game. I wonder if they are going to have reward Pokemon; on Pokemon ranch you could get a mew, and Pokemon Battle Revolution you could get a Magmortar or Electivire and send it to your game.

ULTRA COMBO FINISH!!!!
Ahhhh, Yeah. I play a TON of fighting games and I think it could come out as either really good or really bad. Here''s to a hopeful future of Poken fighters haha aka Street Fighter Pokemon addition. lol.

I'm such a fan of both pokemon and Capcom-style fighting games, I almost hope this doesn't happen. Why? Because I've spent so much of my life fantasizing about a pokemon fighting game, that the real thing would pale in comparison. :p

I would still play it, but it would come along with a lot of complaining that they're not using pokemon of radically different body types, that it's in 3D, that certain tropes aren't being fulfilled (shapeshifting blob characters, characters with unrealistically large arsenals of attacks), that it's not over the top and stylized enough, basically that it's not a MvC game. The only way I would be satisfied is if me or someone with my exact mindset were directing it, lol

professorlight said:
I want to see the roster first, but I'm hoping it follows SMB's gameplay style. If it does, WHY? WHY nintendo are you trying to take away all my money?
SMB3DS, the legend of zelda a link between worlds, pokemon X and Y and now THIS?
F*** you nintendo! why did you have to be so g****** amazing?

I agree. Gunna be depleting me some 3DS battery life for the next year after XY. If this is a Pokemon fighting game, or just a clever spin on "Stadium/BR", ill get it regardless. I like fighting games alot, even though Im mediocre, and Pokemon fighting in real time is intriguing enough to try.

I'd be disappointed if it was a fighting game. I was hoping for another Colosseum/Gale of Darkness type of game. It looked like it might be because of the background, but the trainers are missing in the picture. Its looking like a fighting game though. I probably wont be picking it up... who am I kidding? Its Pokemon, of course I will.

If it is a fighting game then it will feel like a cheap rip-off of Pokémon Type: Wild which has the same graphics and gameplay as Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes except Pokémon Type: Wild is in 2D where as Pokkén Fighters is in 3D on the Wii U. Perhaps Pokkén Fighters will play alot like Street Fighter IV but I can already tell that both games will have different fighting engines.

All I want is a Pokemon Stadium 3 ;_; Is that really too much to ask for?
Hopefully this game is similar to PS2, and not to PBR.

Oh, and I want an XD sequel :D

Back