(1) New Mewtwo Special Airing in Japan on July 11th! [6/14]

That better be the same Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a one of a kind Pokemon, both i game and in the anime, how can there be another? This will be an amazing special, I bet.

Sweet, Kalos Pokemon debut in the archipelago.GO GOGOAT!!!!!! Maybe they reach an Island that is having some Pokemon egg festival, or something.

As for the egg, I'll stick with it being a Drowzee egg, and not a new preevolution.

steffenka said:
Is that an egg, the girl is holding in the background?

Water Pokémon Master said:
Looks like it.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
It could be a japanese food, But, it looks like a golden egg...

Thief said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
It could be a japanese food, But, it looks like a golden egg...

I know the Drowzee prevolution that we've seen is a FAKE, however this wouldn't be the first time that fan speculation was wrong. When I first saw the egg I thought immediately of Drowzee so I made this:
*There are two images of the egg, one normal, on up close.
*The two Drowzees show the color difference that it can sometimes have between the anime and the games; being lighter in the anime and darker in the games.
*In the middle area is an egg that is fanmade to show what a Drowzee egg could possibly look like in detail. Again it is fanmade so the coloration could be wrong and based on the darker Drowzee from the game.

I'm just pointing this out as if it were an egg, the girl could either be holding a Drowzee or a new pre-evolution, which could be likely since Pokémon is known for dropping hints.

Or it could just be a new Pokémon, because no other Pokémon has a pattern like that.
I'm about 95% sure it's an egg.

PyroPokeman said:
That better be the same Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a one of a kind Pokemon, both i game and in the anime, how can there be another? This will be an amazing special, I bet.

Sweet, Kalos Pokemon debut in the archipelago.GO GOGOAT!!!!!! Maybe they reach an Island that is having some Pokemon egg festival, or something.

As for the egg, I'll stick with it being a Drowzee egg, and not a new preevolution.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble... but... I think it's a berry. It has a little, two-leafed green stem coming from it. This makes sense considering the trees in the background have berries on them (what appear to be Pecha Berries.) My guess for the type of berry would be the Grepa Berry as it is the closest (though not perfect) match.
Dream_Grepa_Berry_Sprite.png

I might also point out that there are celebratory strung flags hanging, possibly indicating a harvest festival of some sort?

I would seriously love for the egg to be a Drowzee pre-evo! That would be wonderful. :D

Mewtwo is ultimate, is it a new mewtwo in the new movie? It’s cool but its just I was hoping to see the mewtwo from previous movies

PyroPokeman said:

Mewtwo's basically a Genetical Engineer, crazy stuff happens when you fly around the world for 15 years.

PyroPokeman said:

Mewtwo is a clone. In the manga for the first movie, it stated that the plan was to mass produce Mewtwo later down the road. So, it is possible for more than one to exist.

It doesn't matter what their choice is but I think that this Mewtwo might be a new clone, part of Mewtwo's assembly line- and if anything, a female used for mass-producing more Mewtwo much faster.

Still though this special sounds like it will be really darn great.

Just wondering, why are you guys so against a new Mewtwo that happens to be female? Like TokenDuelist said, Mewtwos were planned to be mass produced, and it is just unlikely that an enemy team bent on world domination or whatever would say "OK, so we created this super powerful mutant cat thing, so lets stop with just one." It is more likely that they would make their own Mewtwo army to achieve their goals as well as improve on older designs, hence why this "version" of Mewtwo has a new forme. Think about it from Team Rocket's, or any enemy team's, perspective. But anyway, I like how this Mewtwo is female. It seems that Pokemon is trying to be more diverse and fresh, instead of reusing the same "legendary with a deep masculine voice" trope over and over again. However, I still think that this Mewtwo is a new one, not the one from the first movie, it just doesn't seem likely.

And yes, I know the lab where the first Mewtwo was created was destroyed, but TR most likely had several back-ups of the Mewtwo DNA sequence somewhere, in case something like this did happen.

CyberCat5555 said:
Just wondering, why are you guys so against a new Mewtwo that happens to be female? Like TokenDuelist said, Mewtwos were planned to be mass produced, and it is just unlikely that an enemy team bent on world domination or whatever would say "OK, so we created this super powerful mutant cat thing, so lets stop with just one." It is more likely that they would make their own Mewtwo army to achieve their goals as well as improve on older designs, hence why this "version" of Mewtwo has a new forme. Think about it from Team Rocket's, or any enemy team's, perspective. But anyway, I like how this Mewtwo is female. It seems that Pokemon is trying to be more diverse and fresh, instead of reusing the same "legendary with a deep masculine voice" trope over and over again. However, I still think that this Mewtwo is a new one, not the one from the first movie, it just doesn't seem likely.

And yes, I know the lab where the first Mewtwo was created was destroyed, but TR most likely had several back-ups of the Mewtwo DNA sequence somewhere, in case something like this did happen.

I honestly feel like - in one of the trailers: Genesect attacks a window with scientists in it. Freezing that frame, a lot of them look very similar to some rocket scientists that were involved in Mewtwo's development during the early stages, some of which are no longer there when Mewtwo awakens.

It would be nice to get scans of the movie manga's first chapter too, as it seems to imply that a new Mewtwo was made, and it fled due to being frightened.

CyberCat5555 said:
Just wondering, why are you guys so against a new Mewtwo that happens to be female?

I'm not against a new Mewtwo at all. I always like the idea of there being more of certain legendaries instead of just one of them in the anime world, except Arceus and a handful of others.

But if this is supposed to be the same Mewtwo as previous encounters then it would be nice for the anime to stay to true to that and have a male voice. Alas, the anime and continuity have never been friends.

CyberCat5555 said:
Just wondering, why are you guys so against a new Mewtwo that happens to be female?

Ahem... I have a name... I'm practically the only person here who (somewhat) dislikes this concept, and now everyone thinks I'm sexist just because I thought the new Mewtwo being a female was dumb, and the old Mewtwo looked like a male to me instead of a female. Facepalm.

I should note that this is most likely a new Mewtwo. I would only dislike it if it was the same, because a male with a female voice is just silly and stupid. Like Justin Beiber

I wonder if the old one has the ability to transform too.

The original Mewtwo was never a male though; it was genderless with a masculine voice.
If anything, it'd be whatever Mew is, since it's a clone of it. And the majority who give Mew a gender say it's female :p

Reggie McGigas said:
CyberCat5555 said:

Ahem... I have a name... I'm practically the only person here who (somewhat) dislikes this concept, and now everyone thinks I'm sexist just because I thought the new Mewtwo being a female was dumb, and the old Mewtwo looked like a male to me instead of a female. Facepalm.

I should note that this is most likely a new Mewtwo. I would only dislike it if it was the same, because a male with a female voice is just silly and stupid. Like Justin Beiber

I wonder if the old one has the ability to transform too.
But why is a female Mewtwo dumb?

As for a appearance, (to me) Mewtwo (old and new) look slightly female (large hips, slender waist, color, cat-like appearance, etc.), but mostly androgynous, especially compared to some other Pokemon.

However, I too think that it is a new Mewtwo.

Trailer hints at:

It's the same mewtwo (I was the ultimate pokemon)
It's a continuation (the first caption uses the verb to continue and on the bottom says "original story, so continuation to the original story?)
Mewtwo's still searching for a place (but since we see the lab it can be a new mewtwo being created or it will have lots of flashbacks to explain his story)

AdamantKaiiya said:
Trailer hints at:

It's a continuation (the first caption uses the verb to continue and on the bottom says "original story, so continuation to the original story?)
Mewtwo's still searching for a place (but since we see the lab it can be a new mewtwo being created or it will have lots of flashbacks to explain his story)

I think every Mewtwo is made to be the ultimate Pokemon, and they might not even know each other. "Original story" might just be referring to the fact that this is a prequel special to the upcoming movie; not sure about the "continue" bit though. The fact that they seem to be showing its creation indicates, to me, that it's a separately-created Mewtwo, not M1's. After all, multiple human-altered Pokemon have been confirmed at least as far as the Genesect army.
And then of course there's the entirely different voice and unexplained forme change. o_O

Frezgle said:
AdamantKaiiya said:
Trailer hints at:

I think every Mewtwo is made to be the ultimate Pokemon, and they might not even know each other. "Original story" might just be referring to the fact that this is a prequel special to the upcoming movie; not sure about the "continue" bit though. The fact that they seem to be showing its creation indicates, to me, that it's a separately-created Mewtwo, not M1's. After all, multiple human-altered Pokemon have been confirmed at least as far as the Genesect army.
And then of course there's the entirely different voice and unexplained forme change. o_O

I just think it's weird a second one was never mentioned before... And the "will continue original story" is also weird.
Iunno, I'd rather have the same old mewtwo with a different voice (Mewtwo had like 3 different voice actors according to wikipedia) and a new form than the explanation: oh hey guys, btw there's another mewtwo that was also created to be the ultimate pokemon AND also says stuff like "is there a place for me in this wooorld?"

I hope it's the same mewtwo kinda jelly of genesect and having identity problems "If I'm not the ultimate anymore, what am I do nooow?".

Frezgle said:
The original Mewtwo was never a male though; it was genderless with a masculine voice.
If anything, it'd be whatever Mew is, since it's a clone of it. And the majority who give Mew a gender say it's female :p

Well, if it is genderless, and has a male voice, typically it points to being a male Pokemon. If Mewtwo was femine, then it would have a female voice. Pokemon don't magically switch voices.

Also, someone pointed out that Mewtwo has female traits, and I agree with most of his points, except that it is cat like. Being a CAT doesn't mean you are a FEMALE. Male cats exist too. Rocket's Meowth says hi, as well, because there are noted male cat-like pokemon too.

Reggie McGigas said:
Well, if it is genderless, and has a male voice, typically it points to being a male Pokemon. If Mewtwo was femine, then it would have a female voice. Pokemon don't magically switch voices.

Also, someone pointed out that Mewtwo has female traits, and I agree with most of his points, except that it is cat like. Being a CAT doesn't mean you are a FEMALE. Male cats exist too. Rocket's Meowth says hi, as well, because there are noted male cat-like pokemon too.
I assume that I would be that someone. Yes, I know that there are cats of both genders, but most animals seem to have a "default" gender, regardless of whatever the animal really is. For example, most people view dogs as male and cats as female. I'm not sure why.
But anyway, I am pretty sure that this is a new Mewtwo. Probably the reason this one explained its/her origin to Ash and co is that it/she did not know about the first Mewtwo Ash met, or that another Mewtwo even exists. The reason that the two Mewtwos do not know about each other is that they both think that they are the strongest Pokemon, and if the met, they would fight and most likely kill each other, or at least end in a stalemate. If the Mewtwos met is a loss-loss situation for everyone.

Btw regarding this, you can download KeyHole TV and watch it in low quality and sucky sound if you are really desperate.

Not sure how many TV Tokyo Channels are online that work for real tho. KeyHole was a gift to all anime fans 2 years ago, then it went premium because of the TV changes and it's offline and stuttering most of the time
Also I don't know how long it takes for a raw of pokemon to appear on the interwebz, for other anime it used to be in a couple hours, I don't know how fansubs work anymore...

Interesting edit: Just tested it... There's a CSI episode voiced in japanese currently airing but it's really hard to watch. I have to constantly log out because it can't handle many people watching

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Didn't want to double post so:
didn't watch the whole thing, sorry

DqC4Ag9.png

iynaqN4.png

Dude that explains mewtwo to the guys is trying to catch Mewtwo.

1phUCBt.png

D9bZn2n.png

Ends up putting the little ones and mewtwo's pokemon friends in risk when the pokeballs start exploding

iaXyIuP.png

Mewtwo controls water from a lake, makes it rain and puts the fire down.
Mewtwo then frees the dude's pokemon by destroying their pokeballs.

Espeon and Umbreon imprison him in the air. Mewtwo says bye and wanders off wondering about his existence

Back to Ash and friends and talking about their next adventure (movie) and done. And then we have a Genesect vs Pikachu fight preview

Back