(1) New 'Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening' Trailer! [3/6]

Mewtwo all coming in like a bawss! 8D

Also, I REALLY hope Genesect doesn't talk in this movie. I'm getting really god damn tired of pokemon that ARE NOT PSYCHIC TYPES using telepathy to talk to advance the story! Granted, Lucario was the first one to do it but that's the best pokemon movie in the last 10 years IMO (Keldeo's movie doesn't even come close IMO, sorry) and there's the whole aura thing going on there which was portrayed as very similar to psychic powers in the movie so it makes a tad bit of sense... Arceus also makes sense because HE'S FREAKING GOD! OF COURSE HE TALKS!

But Darkrai? Shaymin? Zorua? RESHIRAM AND ZEKROM DON'T EVEN TALK TO YOU IN THE GAME! N HAS TO TRANSLATE THEIR DIALOGUE FOR YOU!!!

Woah, Metalizard. Slow down there. I think Genesect being a modified Kabutops is extremely unlikely as well (read as: it isn't happening), but you have to admit that it isn't completely baseless (*cough* unlike sylveon being light type *cough*). The Black(2) Pokedex states that it existed 300 million years ago, which is the same time Kabutops existed. It doesn't prove much, but at least it has something backing it up (*cough* unlike sylveon being light type *cough*).

(The fact that they have similar designs doesn't mean much to me, because that's nothing new to Pokemon.)

exerty said:
well kaburops decription sayes that its a predetor from 300 milion years ago but genesects description says that it was made based of predator from 300 milion years ago + they look alike

First, Genesect's description doesn't say it was made based of a predator, it says "it was feared as the strongest of hunters".
Also, there's no dex entry that says Kabutops lived 300 million years ago. Only one entry mentions "ancient times" though, like Starboard Driger said, it is in fact the same era, the Paleozoic. Still, the only thing that tells me is that Kabutops and Genesect lived in the same era, not that they were the same Pokémon, which is proved by their physical basis. I'm just gonna quote Bulbapedia instead of wasting my time writing:

Kabutops:
Similarly to how Kabuto is based on horseshoe crabs, it resembles eurypterids, prehistoric arthropods which hunted in seas and rivers and are believed to have been related to modern horseshoe crabs. The large head is also identical to the cephlon in trilobites and the spines down the back resemble thoracic sections in trilobites, though the scythes and predatory nature much more closely resemble eurypterids. Because of these cross-similarities, it may also be based on the Cheirurus genus of trilobites.

Genesect:
Genesect is generally based on the giant insects of the Paleozoic era, which existed for 300 million years, making it as old as the cockroach.

Kabutops and Genesect are based on different classes of arthropods. I rest my case.

Genesect is not Kabutops, that's the stupidest thing i've honestly heard yet. Genesect is a completely different Pokémon.

Saying Genesect is a modified form of Kabutops is like saying Wailord is a modified form of snorlax. There's is absolutely no relation between the two of them outside of similar artwork ( in snorlax/wailord's case they're just both fat :p )

Also just because the fans think something like this will happen doesn't mean it will actually happen, remember the fans were saying something about a light type since Gen 3.

Hey, I happen to think that aside from typing, Wailord and Snorlax are almost identical.
gTJZ2mC.png

Gr8Ampharos said:
Hey, I happen to think that aside from typing, Wailord and Snorlax are almost identical.
[images]

I find it very amusing that someone took the time for that.

Metalizard said:
Do you actually believe everything you said?
What evidence?? What back-up truth?? It's purely fan speculation! Does the dex entry mention something about Kabutops or at least Genesect coming from the DNA of other Pokémon???
They have the same body type but there are clear differences to put them apart.
Do I have to quote my own post??

Would you stop belittling everything I say and calm down? Yes, as a matter of fact I do believe in everything I say, why the heck else would I say it? And yeah, the dex entree that stated it came from 300 million years ago was Kabutos.
Also, I never said that this is definitely going to happen. I completely acknowledge the fact that this is of course mere fan speculation. I think that Genesect and Kabuto having a connection is just a plausible as them not having a connection. Fan speculation isnt always wrong.

And im really not seeing those similarities between Mew and Mewtwo. Mew is a small light pink kitty like creature that floats around with stubby little hands and big bubbly eyes. Mewtwo is a grayish purple, stands on two well-developed legs, has hornlike things instead of ears, alien like hands and feet, and its just completely different... the only similarities I see are, like I said, the tail and maybe the placement of everything on the body. But if you went by body placement, you could say that Eevee is just another Vulpix.
I could easily see the Rayquaza thing, as he has that same line pattern on him and style as the other two. Same goes for Giratina, its all at least in the same style. Im just not seeing the style similarities between Mew/Mewtwo.

Im just saying that Genesect has enough similarities to be visually related to Kabutops, whether it is true or fan-speculated, and whether you see it or not doesn't matter to me, I really don't care. I'd just appreciate it that you don't go and jump down my back for having different ideas than the majority of the population, and just accept the fact that I do and get on with it. I definitely accept that Genesect probably has no connection.

Setosama said:
Mewtwo all coming in like a bawss! 8D

Also, I REALLY hope Genesect doesn't talk in this movie. I'm getting really god damn tired of pokemon that ARE NOT PSYCHIC TYPES using telepathy to talk to advance the story! Granted, Lucario was the first one to do it but that's the best pokemon movie in the last 10 years IMO (Keldeo's movie doesn't even come close IMO, sorry) and there's the whole aura thing going on there which was portrayed as very similar to psychic powers in the movie so it makes a tad bit of sense... Arceus also makes sense because HE'S FREAKING GOD! OF COURSE HE TALKS!

But Darkrai? Shaymin? Zorua? RESHIRAM AND ZEKROM DON'T EVEN TALK TO YOU IN THE GAME! N HAS TO TRANSLATE THEIR DIALOGUE FOR YOU!!!

I completely agree, it has always annoyed me that every movie poster Pokemon can talk... it was cool when Mewtwo did it, it was cool when Lugia did it, but after that, it stopped making sense completely. I think they can make the movies just as good if not better if everything didn't talk. I love that whole "animal" appeal and the fact that trainers can just understand the needs of Pokemon and have that connection is one of the best things about Pokemon as a whole, and why I never cared for Digimon. One of the reasons I loved the Latias and Latios movie.
Unless you're Vic Mignogna . Then you can voice whoever the hell you want. Even Pikachu.

Zielo said:
Would you stop belittling everything I say and calm down? Yes, as a matter of fact I do believe in everything I say, why the heck else would I say it? And yeah, the dex entree that stated it came from 300 million years ago was Kabutos.
Also, I never said that this is definitely going to happen. I completely acknowledge the fact that this is of course mere fan speculation. I think that Genesect and Kabuto having a connection is just a plausible as them not having a connection. Fan speculation isnt always wrong.

And im really not seeing those similarities between Mew and Mewtwo. Mew is a small light pink kitty like creature that floats around with stubby little hands and big bubbly eyes. Mewtwo is a grayish purple, stands on two well-developed legs, has hornlike things instead of ears, alien like hands and feet, and its just completely different... the only similarities I see are, like I said, the tail and maybe the placement of everything on the body. But if you went by body placement, you could say that Eevee is just another Vulpix.
I could easily see the Rayquaza thing, as he has that same line pattern on him and style as the other two. Same goes for Giratina, its all at least in the same style. Im just not seeing the style similarities between Mew/Mewtwo.

Im just saying that Genesect has enough similarities to be visually related to Kabutops, whether it is true or fan-speculated, and whether you see it or not doesn't matter to me, I really don't care. I'd just appreciate it that you don't go and jump down my back for having different ideas than the majority of the population, and just accept the fact that I do and get on with it. I definitely accept that Genesect probably has no connection.

First of all, I wasn't picking on you in particularly in my first post. I just said how much I was annoyed by that theory for how absurd it is and presented my reasons for that. All I've been doing was trying to prove my point by counterarguing the excuses people come up with to justify that theory. Isn't that what's supposed to be done in a discussion?

About Mew/Mewtwo... What part of enchanced mutant clone didn't you understand? Mewtwo is supposed to be bigger and more humanoid looking than Mew, it was a result of scientific experience; it has that alien look because it goes with the genetic theme... But they have clear body similarities... The tail like you mentioned but also their big legs, both have big legs compared to their body. Mewtwo still has vague feline features and also like you said, they have a similar body structure. But, and this is important, they share the same type, they're both pure Psychic-types and Mewtwo is in fact, as its creators pretended, stronger than Mew.
The example you gave is just disproportionate. Eevee is a mix of various mammals, Vulpix is clearly a fox. Eevee is a Normal-type, Vulpix is a Fire-type. Vulpix evolves into a single Pokémon like usual, Eevee evolves into (now) 8 different Pokémon. Should I keep going?
Speaking of types, I think someone already said it but, Kabutops isn't even a Bug-type. They don't even share a single type. Also, you keep talking they have visual similarity but I already told you what each one is based on (biologically), and two of the biggest difference are the lack of scythe blades on genesect and the typical insectoid abdomen Genesect has but Kabutops doesn't. Hence why I'm telling for the 3rd time Genesect has more similarities with Scizor than Kabutops but that doesn't mean I think they're related.
And guess what? I also don't care if you don't see the similarities between Mew and Mewtwo and think Genesect is visually related to Kabutops or wtv, I'm not gonna continue this.
At the end of the day, all this speculation doesn't really matter, because what matters is what's officially stated about each pokémon on their dex entries, in-game references, or even the anime. And, officially, Mewtwo is a clone of Mew. Genesect has never been specifically stated to have a connection with Kabutops. That's a fact. Period. Also, if you accept that they probably don't have any relation, why even mention that stupid theory?

I'm just saying, if you really think these two:
Spr_5b_141.png
Spr_5b_649.png

are more similar with each other than these other two:
151.png
150.png

Then, enjoy that thought all you want, I really don't have to say anything else...

Because it is a theory, and that is what you do with them. Discuss them. In my first post that started this mess, I made it clear that it was merely fan-speculated about the whole Kabutops thing, but my post was still applicable because I said that Mewtwo and Genesect may have both been in the movie because they are both genetically improved Pokemon, which they are and thats the true fact. I was just curious about if they would elaborate on Genesects previous life before being improved and if it could have in fact been from a Kabutops.

Its all fine to argue against this, its just the way you were going about it was a bit rude. You called it complete BS and made anyone that believed in the theory look stupid, especially me. -_- Come up with counterarguments all you want, but never make the believers look stupid just for thinking differently.

And as for the sprites, really, im seeing about the same similarities in both sets. I wasnt going off of Genesect and Kabutops having a similar design, I was going off the dex entry because it seemed a big enough coincidence. The design is a bonus though. I agree that there are more similarities with Scizor, but if we went off that, Almomola would be Luvdiscs evolution. Which I am still believing in my head. Why Gamefreak. Whyyyy.
But yeah, like Mew and Mewtwo, the placement of things is generally the same. I think Genesect would have gained his Steel typing from all of the robot parts being added on. And im not talking just the canon either, I hiiiighly doubt Genesect was a shiny purple robot with light up eyes and the ability to transform to a flying saucer 300 million years ago. He had to have been very heavily altered, so he could have looked like anything in the past, hence Kabutops. As for the Bug typing, not sure. Like I said, I only believe in the possibility of this theory.

Why Kabutops? Why not just some other Pokemon that co-existed with Kabutops, specifically a Legenday Pokemon. Kabutops isn't even a Legendary Pokemon.

yeah lol, otherwise they might have as well taken aerodactyl...or heck a living pokemon.

If adding armor and upgrading cannon raises stats so much it really wouldnt have mattered what they chose.

The fact that they chose to enchance a special fossil tells me it was the fossil of something extraordinary.

Although I do not believe the whole theory about Kabutops and Genesect being related, I did decide to make a sprite to show what Kabutops might look like if it had Genesect's features, sorry if my sprighting is a little bad, I haven't done this in a while...

zz7lCvm.png

Zielo said:
I think Genesect would have gained his Steel typing from all of the robot parts being added on. And im not talking just the canon either, I hiiiighly doubt Genesect was a shiny purple robot with light up eyes and the ability to transform to a flying saucer 300 million years ago. He had to have been very heavily altered, so he could have looked like anything in the past, hence Kabutops. As for the Bug typing, not sure. Like I said, I only believe in the possibility of this theory.

I said that in one of my posts (probably the first one). If it hadn't been altered or just if you want to imagine how it looked in its era, it's pretty much the same it is now except, it wouldn't have its cannon nor its body would be covered with a metal armor. It would look more like a living creature instead of a robot...
Also, (I think I've said this too...), Mewtwo was made from scratch using DNA, Genesect was modified and upgraded. It's different... Both were results of human experiences but in 2 different ways...

Phoenix EX said:
Why Kabutops? Why not just some other Pokemon that co-existed with Kabutops, specifically a Legenday Pokemon. Kabutops isn't even a Legendary Pokemon.

Yeah, I think I mentioned that too... Mewtwo was made from another Legendary, Genesect would come from a regular pokémon? Nah, that would sound meh...

Mitja said:
The fact that they chose to enchance a special fossil tells me it was the fossil of something extraordinary.

Exactly, the way I see it and to explain in a simplier way to people who think Genesect came from another Pokémon, imagine that Genesect was a fossil Pokémon instead of just a Team Plasma creation. It would be a legendary Fossil Pokémon. It was resurrected from ancient times like all other fossil pokémon, but it is not a common fossil pokémon. It was already a legend in its time. What Team Plasma did was resurrecting it and then, instead of leaving the way it was, they used technology to change it and turn it into their personal war machine.

Edit: @Gr8Ampharos: one of the reasons people think Genesect is related to Kabutops is because they think the head shape is similar... There's a vague similarity, I admit but they're actually totally different. Kabutops has a Trilobite-like head while Genesect's is shaped more to look like an alien robot, to give it that technological/sfi-ci vibe...

Long post is long. TL;DR: We don't know anything for a fact because it was never stated by GF that Genesect came from its own fossil or not, and we have no idea what Genesect could have looked like 300 million years ago.

Mitja said:
yeah lol, otherwise they might have as well taken aerodactyl...or heck a living pokemon.
If adding armor and upgrading cannon raises stats so much it really wouldnt have mattered what they chose.
It may be for all we know. I just think the upgrades have a lot more to do with the Pokemon than we think, which could make Genesect its own Pokemon, even a legendary, even if it was from something that already existed that wasn't a legendary. They do still have that similar body shape however which is what leads me to believe that Kabutops is the fossil it originated from.

Something else caught my attention, though. Steel is basically Rock upgraded. It was likely part Rock typing in its fossil stages, if not it would have been the only fossil Pokemon that wasn't. And theres where part of the typing for Kabutops would come from. Just an idea. But yeah, you could easily say that the Rock typing could have come from any fossil Pokemon, even its own fossil, too.

Metalizard said:
I said that in one of my posts (probably the first one). If it hadn't been altered or just if you want to imagine how it looked in its era, it's pretty much the same it is now except, it wouldn't have its cannon nor its body would be covered with a metal armor. It would look more like a living creature instead of a robot...
But we really don't know that. No one does. Just like it was never stated that Genesect came from Kabutops, it was never stated that it didn't, either. It could have looked entirely different for all we know, or in this example, something with a slightly similar body shape. They don't explain if it came from an already existing Pokemon or not, which is what makes this theory still possible. Sure, you could argue that, "Well, they never stated Ditto came from a Mew, does that mean it did?" But meh. I simply question the fact that they stated Genesect came from 300 million years ago but left out exactly what it came from.

Metalizard said:
Yeah, I think I mentioned that too... Mewtwo was made from another Legendary, Genesect would come from a regular pokémon? Nah, that would sound meh...

Exactly, the way I see it and to explain in a simplier way to people who think Genesect came from another Pokémon, imagine that Genesect was a fossil Pokémon instead of just a Team Plasma creation. It would be a legendary Fossil Pokémon. It was resurrected from ancient times like all other fossil pokémon, but it is not a common fossil pokémon. It was already a legend in its time. What Team Plasma did was resurrecting it and then, instead of leaving the way it was, they used technology to change it and turn it into their personal war machine.
Again, we don't know that. I think its entirely possible that Genesect came from a non legendary, and the only reason it is a legendary now is because of all the powerful heavy alterations. Team Plasma has some batpoop crazy scientists and they must've had a field day with this guy.

Think of it this way, I doubt GF would use the same storyline twice with the whole DNA thing, which is probably why Genesect came from a fossil instead of something living as of now. They would probably want to change things up a bit and make it interesting. For them to emphasize that Mewtwo is the most powerful Pokemon, they would have had to create him from something that existed and was already rare and powerful, hence Mew, and show that to the fans so they would be all OMGWTFBBQ MEWTWO MUST BE REALLY EPIC. It was already said somewhere that Mew was thrown into the game at the last minute, maybe just to enhance the hype about Mewtwo? Could be wrong but I figured I'd throw that in there. Anyway, it would be interesting to see that Plasma took a fairly ordinary Pokemon and enhanced it so much that it could compare with Mewtwo, as opposed to another legendary Pokemon that already existed, because its already been done before.

Metalizard said:
Edit: @Gr8Ampharos: one of the reasons people think Genesect is related to Kabutops is because they think the head shape is similar... There's a vague similarity, I admit but they're actually totally different. Kabutops has a Trilobite-like head while Genesect's is shaped more to look like an alien robot, to give it that technological/sfi-ci vibe...

If you're going to pick out all the minor differences like that though, I can sit here for hours pointing out the minor differences between Mewtwo and Mew because they sure don't share the same exact shape in any features.. At least Kabutops and Genesect are the same size, and the sprite provided by Gr8Ampharos kinda proves that they fit together more than Mew and Mewtwo would.. I'd like to see a swap with Mew/Mewtwo to compare. o_O (No, really, I would)
And as a regard to the whole alien/sci-fi shaped head... well yeah.. those are the alterations. If they weren't there, I could see it as being even closer to a Kabutops head.

Pokemon; srs bisnez.

Gr8Ampharos said:
Although I do not believe the whole theory about Kabutops and Genesect being related, I did decide to make a sprite to show what Kabutops might look like if it had Genesect's features, sorry if my sprighting is a little bad, I haven't done this in a while...

zz7lCvm.png
Well, it wouldn't look exactly like a Kabutops. When adding armor on something, it wouldn't be the exact same size, but a little bigger.

Back