(1) Mega Charizard X Revealed During 'Pokemon Origins' [10/2]

I hope Y gets cool stuff too or it all comes together in one game later or something. I really want that new Megazard now! Gonna be interesting the next 9 days.

Well, this was totally unexpected. Didn't see it coming.

A little jelly of X too xD But hey, who knows, maybe Y gets some neat version exclusive mega evos too! A girl can dream, right?

Also, surprised that Pokemon the Origin will have megaevolution O-O Never expected it to be like that since it's supposedly based on the first gen games... and now BOOM Smexy Mega Charizard X.

I wonder though whether only starters and legendaries get multiple mega evolutions or maybe we can expect Absol, Lucario and the others to have alternates too (though I doubt that)

*throws money at screen* TAKE MY MONEY, TAKE IT-oh wait you already have it D:

They finally did Dragon/Fire geez, took them long enough! Would have found it unacceptable after all these years where people were screeching why he wasn't in the Gen 1 Pantheon of Dragons and now I can sleep at night.

I can't possibly wait the 9 days now...even keeping myself occupied with Terraria and school...nope not happening...

jstar21 said:
The trailer has it in Sky Battles. I guess since you have to start the battle as regular Charizard that allows it to be in those battles without it being Flying type or having Levitate.

Someone should make a meme of Charizard "losing his flying abilities" when mega evolving into Mega Charizard X :p

:\__________________________________/ *massive jaw drop* Didn't see that coming.
My word, Mega Charizard X looks...downright. Amazing. Holy Arceus, this is insanity at its finest! Mega Charizard X has blue flames AND IS FIRE/DRAGON. FANDOM REJOICE!! I am so glad I'm getting X. This is truly gonna be the best generation ever.

Anyone else think that maybe, just MAYBE, that that ISN'T it's default coloration? Maybe that's the Shiny Mega Charizard X, and it's only shown with that color because it's Reds Charizard..

Regardless, I pre-ordered Y already, maybe I'll try to trade Stones, but I think both Charizards will have uses.
Y = Weather and not weak to Fairies,
X = Doesn't have crippling Stealth Rock weakness, but is useless versus Fairies (which are overpowered and will probably be the most common Typing in the new meta..)

So in the end, he traded one weakness for another.. :p

Damian_Winters said:
Featherwick said:
Where did you see that? I know that Venusinite doesn't have an x or y after it when you get it, since the streamer showed that off, but where did you see someone pick Charmander?

If Blastoise and Venusaur don't get another mega form this really feels like a big jip to all us who love them

To be fair, I haven't, just assuming on that point to be honest, But there should be a difference right? I could be completely wrong though so you have a point there, I edited my post saying I could be wrong, sorry for the mix up!

I'm just thinking, maybe the game only gives you a regular Mega Stone at first, and then it later transforms into the respective stone. Really I'm just theorizing since I really want Blastoise and Venusaur to get another form too.

Sheriff_K said:
Anyone else think that maybe, just MAYBE, that that ISN'T it's default coloration? Maybe that's the Shiny Mega Charizard X, and it's only shown with that color because it's Reds Charizard..
Which would mean that the real coloration would be the same as Mega Charizard Y.

It clearly evolves from a regular colored Charizard and we also have the Sugimori artwork. It wouldn't make sense for the official artwork to be revealed in shiny color.

Baktwerel said:
Sheriff_K said:
Which would mean that the real coloration would be the same as Mega Charizard Y.

It clearly evolves from a regular colored Charizard and we also have the Sugimori artwork. It wouldn't make sense for the official artwork to be revealed in shiny color.
I see... In that case, would Shiny Mega Charizard X get the default coloration? o_0
Mind = blown.

Finally, finally, Charizard has a dragon typing, no longer will stealth rocks cut him a new one.

Good guy Nintendo.
Hears you want Fire/Dragon MegaCharizard?
Gives you two MegaCharizards.
Also, I'm SURE Venasaur and Blastoise are going to get some love too.
By the way, any of you read that X and Y in games titles in fact stand for X and Y on coordinate system?
250px-Cartesian-coordinate-system.svg.png

What that gives us? PRETTY Much.
Look, coordinate X is the horizontal line, right? Which means it takes evolution EVEN further. Somewhat, giving another stadium.
Coordinate Y on the other hand... goes up. It improves ALREADY EXISTING features, by going up, ascending.
I think that's not a bad theory, hm?

(Here is the said interview - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/19/men-are-from-mars-pokemon-x-and-y-are-from-france )

Wow.

Well tbh I like Charizard Ys design much more. It is probably my favorite mega revealed so far.
But Charizard X is Fire/ Dragon.
Both of these guys kick ass.

I'm hoping this "gaining a new type after mega evolving, but only on X" thing isn't a trend, because I preordered Y..

Shampoo Thief said:
Wow.

Well tbh I like Charizard Ys design much more. It is probably my favorite mega revealed so far.
But Charizard X is Fire/ Dragon.
Both of these guys kick ass.

I'm hoping this "gaining a new type after mega evolving, but only on X" thing isn't a trend, because I preordered Y..

Yeah... I wonder if they'd let you swap your pre-order :p

But luckily, I prefer all the Y versions so far..

PS. Charizard is the posterchild for Pokemon imo, not Pikachu. So maybe that's why he gets 2 Evos? Or maybe the other 2 Kanto will get one too, we'll see.. But idc, Charizard is my only fave Kanto.

Haverok said:
Good guy Nintendo.
Hears you want Fire/Dragon MegaCharizard?
Gives you two MegaCharizards.
Also, I'm SURE Venasaur and Blastoise are going to get some love too.
By the way, any of you read that X and Y in games titles in fact stand for X and Y on coordinate system?
250px-Cartesian-coordinate-system.svg.png

What that gives us? PRETTY Much.
Look, coordinate X is the horizontal line, right? Which means it takes evolution EVEN further. Somewhat, giving another stadium.
Coordinate Y on the other hand... goes up. It improves ALREADY EXISTING features, by going up, ascending.
I think that's not a bad theory, hm?

(Here is the said interview - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/19/men-are-from-mars-pokemon-x-and-y-are-from-france )

I agree with ya. Im hoping that possibly Venusaur keeps the same typing but becomes like a giant walking forest, and that MegaBlastoise gets a secondary ice-typing and a tank-like appearence while still keeping that turtle-like body.

Also, your theory is excellent. It seems very reasonable, I like it! Well done! *clap clap clap*

Yes yes yes! Thank you GF for making it happen <3 Now I‘m definitely buying both versions

Damian_Winters said:
jstar21 said:
I highly doubt they will play favorites and not give alternate megas to at least the other Kanto Starters if not every starter. Plus it's not like they said Charizard is the only one to get it.

Charizard's mega stone might*(edit for clarity)say x or y beside it, the other -nites appear to not have that distinction for the other starters.

Edit: I hope I'm wrong though!

There is a letter for the stone. It's said in the video description, that Charizard is holding a Charizardite X.

Now I actually hope that Charizard's (and Mewtwo's) two mega evolutions are special. That all the other mega evolved Pokemon have just one. If not, this will 'cause some rage between fans of either X & Y. Or simply the fact you can't get both mega evolutions in one game.

Note: I don't know nothing about trading mega stones and if it will be possible. If yes, then that would sort this problem out.

Back