(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

King Shuckle said:
I was really expecting Pancham to evolve into a Fighting/Grass Pokemon, but this shall suffice I guess. I still imagine it evolving with a bamboo stick in its hand and can learn Leaf Blade when it evolves or from the Move Relearner. The Psychic cats are intriguing as its nice that they are "straying" from the traditional Normal-type cats like they did before with the Dark-type Purrloin and Liepard. Inkay and Malimar do sound like Inca-like. Are there any notible statues in Mali by chance? As for the rest of the stuff, I hope it comes to fruition. I'm willing to hold these rumors in high regard since it came from the same source who gave us English names early.

Hopefully I don't regret that decision.

Seeing as Mali is in Africa and the Incan civilization was in South America, I believe, I would assume there is no connection.

ashyboy said:
Oh i forgot to mention...everyone else excited about the upcomming pokemon smash episode?
What do you think are they going to reveal? New poke?...maybe not corocoro just leaked...maybe confirm fairy type and the other two legendaries typing...or like they did 3 years ago info about a character(3years ago they talked about n)...im not sure...

What do you guys think?

They are going to "reveal" the 4 Pokemon with a bit of coverage on Sylveon.

Chomper4 said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
They are from a source who gave us the information we posted the other day.

Were there other leaked Pokemon English names he/she gave you?

The original names were those of the four Pokemon revealed earlier this week. WPM revealed their names BEFORE the Pokemon site updated, thus validating his source.

Not very surprised about Pancham evolving into a Fighting/Dark. Seemed pretty obvious. The other monsters seem pretty interesting as well.

I'm interested to see what this Mew-resembling Mewtwo forme looks like...

still not a fan of the fairy type maybe its the name it sounds weird mystic sounds better since it could still work

Flys Gone 2071 said:
ashyboy said:
Oh i forgot to mention...everyone else excited about the upcomming pokemon smash episode?
What do you think are they going to reveal? New poke?...maybe not corocoro just leaked...maybe confirm fairy type and the other two legendaries typing...or like they did 3 years ago info about a character(3years ago they talked about n)...im not sure...

What do you guys think?

when is pokemon smash comming on

It's like they're trying to turn Mewtwo into Deoxys.

This could be a good thing IF the original is still more exalted than the new forms despite the potential for the others to end up being used in the games more. If they eclipse the original Mewtwo's popularity first, then yeah the people who fell in love with him from the beginning are gonna be pissed.

Admittedly, I would like to see a scenario in which you play Mewtwo, play counters to Mewtwo, or lose - and tournaments that allow him so that those who are playing now have some glimpse into what it was like during the early generations.

AdamLambert said:
AwkwardKlutz said:
If its name is really Meowstick, then I don't think it comes from mystic. It might end up being cat with a magic stick for a tail...

I understand what you're saying. However, as WPM said, it could be a misspelling as was with Panchum/Pancham. Also, that's sort of like saying Feebas isn't Feeble and Bass because it only has one 's'. Not disagreeing. I could be wrong. Hopefully I don't sound rude. :p Just putting all the possibilities out there. When i first saw the name, I thought about a 'tail as a stick' as well, before I thought of mystic.
No, that didn't sound rude.

Maybe it could be all of this at the same time. After all, even if it's written "stick" it will still sound like "mystic", and if it also has a magic stick tail, then it's two for one. So, it could be:
Meow + stick (supposed to sound similar to "mystic")

WildFireKyurem said:
still not a fan of the fairy type maybe its the name it sounds weird mystic sounds better since it could still work

Flys Gone 2071 said:

when is pokemon smash comming on

Um in a couple of hours in japan i believe its 5:30am now so soon im just raping the refresh button now on all news sites...idk im kinda obsessed with pokemon now...lol

Teal said:
Ugh. There is a Monimal named Espur. Now I hope that these are false...

http://zephleit.deviantart.com/art/List-of-Monimals-Updated-11-26-2012-306495382

Just like WPM said sometimes fans make fakemon and their names happen to be similar to those of Pokemon that are later revealed. It's not that difficult to come up with espur to be honest, with so many people making their own fakemon and giving them pokemon-like names it's gonna continue happening. In the words of Joy Behar, "So what, who cares."

Inkay (ink) and Malimar (calimari, the mal part comes from its dark typing?) sound like squids to me...

hmm... More similar to Mew... Can't really imagine it in my head... Need to see...

Yeah, good to know there will be a Dark/Psychic after the chance was wasted with Gothitelle being pure Psychic...

i really like this new info :D
but i dont believe the part where your RIVAL gives you their starter Pokemon...

AwkwardKlutz said:
AdamLambert said:
I understand what you're saying. However, as WPM said, it could be a misspelling as was with Panchum/Pancham. Also, that's sort of like saying Feebas isn't Feeble and Bass because it only has one 's'. Not disagreeing. I could be wrong. Hopefully I don't sound rude. :p Just putting all the possibilities out there. When i first saw the name, I thought about a 'tail as a stick' as well, before I thought of mystic.
No, that didn't sound rude.

Maybe it could be all of this at the same time. After all, even if it's written "stick" it will still sound like "mystic", and if it also has a magic stick tail, then it's two for one. So, it could be:
Meow + stick (supposed to sound similar to "mystic")

Yeah and it wouldn't be the first time that they over lap like that for pokemon names, just like with Fletchling, (fletching/fledgling + hatchling) etc.

Back