(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

tumblr_mn0bzxFVgD1rl27tao1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn0bzxFVgD1rl27tao2_500.jpg

I doubt these are real, but it could happen.

AwkwardKlutz said:
AdamLambert said:
I understand what you're saying. However, as WPM said, it could be a misspelling as was with Panchum/Pancham. Also, that's sort of like saying Feebas isn't Feeble and Bass because it only has one 's'. Not disagreeing. I could be wrong. Hopefully I don't sound rude. :p Just putting all the possibilities out there. When i first saw the name, I thought about a 'tail as a stick' as well, before I thought of mystic.
No, that didn't sound rude.

Maybe it could be all of this at the same time. After all, even if it's written "stick" it will still sound like "mystic", and if it also has a magic stick tail, then it's two for one. So, it could be:
Meow + stick (supposed to sound similar to "mystic")

I must say, though, if it does indeed keep the 'k' I would assume that what you just said is right.

Whether this information is real or not--I don't exactly like how this insider information was spread, nor the responses by the people who spread it--that 'Inkay' seems pretty interesting.

Gen IV had the most unique evolution requirements, in my opinion--having a Remoraid in your party? Needing to battle in specific places? Needing to be a specific gender?--so I'm looking forward to seeing what Gen VI brings us.

First off, thank you WPM for sharing more info ^_^

• Inkay+Malimar evolving by turning your 3ds upside down is a pretty cool idea! be cooler if it was a kangaroo Pokemon :p
  • Love psychic cats, hope they look awesome!!
  • The whole Gogoat Pokemon is awesome, pity you can't use it outside of Lumiose City.
  • HM's still around :/ I guess less is ok. I just hope Fly and Surf are not HM's, surfing and flying Pokemon should already know this without a HM, kinda silly that it has to be a move. If you had a Wailmer who doesn't know surf and threw it into the sea, it would drown? :L
  • EV training just got better :D
  • Can't wait to see Mewtwo's other form :3 and psyched for the starter evolution, going to be hard choosing one D;

redchesus said:
Inkay (ink) and Malimar (calimari, the mal part comes from its dark typing?) sound like squids to me...

I should've thought of that. The prefix mal- meaning (roughly) badly as in malnourished or malfunction. Or possibly from Spanish malo meaning bad. Same thing really.

Rusty Sticks said:
m7mad133 said:
i really like this new info :D
but i dont believe the part where your RIVAL gives you their starter Pokemon...

The key word is FRIENDLY.

your rival in RS was friendly,Bianca and Cheren are friendly...
if your rival was going to give you a starter is would be a bred egg or something like that not the first Pokemon they have

AdamLambert said:
redchesus said:
Inkay (ink) and Malimar (calimari, the mal part comes from its dark typing?) sound like squids to me...

I should've thought of that. The prefix mal- meaning (roughly) badly as in malnourished or malfunction. Or possibly from Spanish malo meaning bad. Same thing really.
"Malo" is bad, yes, but "mal" alone means EVIL (noun), which is even better.

I should know, I'm Spanish.

m7mad133 said:
Rusty Sticks said:
The key word is FRIENDLY.

your rival in RS was friendly,Bianca and Cheren are friendly...
if your rival was going to give you a starter is would be a bred egg or something like that not the first Pokemon they have

If its real they probably will have a good reason for it.

Hmmm, I googled the new names and when searching for Espurr it came up on a Fakemon site: http://koregion.wikia.com/wiki/Espurr

Most of these rumors are a bit out there. Especially the parts where you receive your rival's starter and the one where you evolve Inkay into Malimar by holding the 3DS upside down.

Also, Belch sounds incredibly useless, and you can't really reduce HMs much more than they currently are.

Bolt the Cat said:
Most of these rumors are a bit out there. Especially the parts where you receive your rival's starter and the one where you evolve Inkay into Malimar by holding the 3DS upside down.

Also, Belch sounds incredibly useless, and you can't really reduce HMs much more than they currently are.

Harvest makes it a nice move. It just needs a Pokemon with both, harvest and Belch (preferably with STAB). You will use it in sunlight (preferably).

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Hmmm, I googled the new names and when searching for Espurr it came up on a Fakemon site: http://koregion.wikia.com/wiki/Espurr

Someone already posted this. There was also a fakemon Pidove before B/W

Garchompsoup said:

that's already been brought up..

Okay... It's not like I'm going to go through 8 pages of comments to see if anyone brought that up. I brought it up again, big deal.

The french words for evil and squid are "mal" and "Calmar", the Italian words for both are "Male" and "Calamaro", the Spanish words are "Malo" and "Calamar", the Latin word for evil is "Malum". Inkay has "Ink" and squid uses ink..So imo they are quite sure squids pokemon. "Ink" and "alimar" suggest that. "Mal" suggests dark so imo the "ay" from Inkay suggests somthing psychic (?).

Garchompsoup said:
that's already been brought up..

Okay... It's not like I'm going to go through 8 pages of comments to see if anyone brought that up. I brought it up again, big deal.
Well its not like we're gonna discuss it again just for one person when we already have.

Back