(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Reggie McGigas said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
Haha, I saw that when I Googled all of the names. It wouldn't be the first time fans have created a Fakemon with a name that turns out to later be used.

Just curious, what are the examples?

http://pequedark-velvet.deviantart.com/art/010-PIDOVE-170958917

I think there might be others but I'm not sure :)

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Reggie McGigas said:
Haha, I saw that when I Googled all of the names. It wouldn't be the first time fans have created a Fakemon with a name that turns out to later be used.

I can't really remember, I just remember it happening on more than one occasion. I think there was maybe one in R/S and another in D/P.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Crazuu said:
Eh.. How that new evolving method can be done in a emulator? (Sorry for bad english)
I guess it would depend on if the emulator can simulate that kind of stuff. If it can't, then it probably can't be done.

TheAmazingDerpfish

I...am...Derperior!
Reggie McGigas said:

I can't really remember, I just remember it happening on more than one occasion. I think there was maybe one in R/S and another in D/P.

I remember some people were guessing Tepig's english name was "Pignite", but it turned out to be its evolution. Close enough?

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TheAmazingDerpfish said:

I remember some people were guessing Tepig's english name was "Pignite", but it turned out to be its evolution. Close enough?

Snivy too, but those weren't Fakemon beforehand. People were just trying to guess their English names.

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
Crazuu said:
Eh.. How that new evolving method can be done in a emulator? (Sorry for bad english)

Maybe it's a way GF is trying to combat illegal copies of the games?
If so, that's a pretty good idea...

Frezgle

Winged Death
Crazuu said:
I guess it would depend on if the emulator can simulate that kind of stuff. If it can't, then it probably can't be done.

As far as I know, 3DS emulation is proving to be near-impossible, probably because of features like the gyroscope and 3D. -shrug!-

Professer K

Aspiring Trainer
Nightingirle said:
AdamLambert said:
If it's as bad as the first, it'll be pretty cool, in my opinion.

I agree, I liked he first one and since I love mew I have high hopes for that one, too :)
To be honest(and I know many don't agree with this, but it's just my personal preference), I don't like the normal mewtwo and am kind of glad it has a new form I like :)

Not to burst your bubble but it does say that the other form of Mewtwo is suppose to look more like Mew than it's self. To me the way you are saying things it sounds like you Mew is getting a new form. Am I right? (I am just wondering lol)

Nightingirle

Aspiring Trainer
Uh oh I double triple posted.

:D also the octopus thing for that dark/psychic one... I'd like that but I wonder how it would be not a water pokemon then? Maybe levitating, because its psychic?[/i]

billi1000

Aspiring Trainer
Crazuu said:

Emulators always try to simulate anything the user can do with the console especially with Nintendo DS emulators. The good DS emulators out there like NO$GBA and desmume can do many user simulated actions like closing the DS and turning it sideways as several games required this in the past (Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Pokemon Ranger, ...)

Anyway, we aren't anywhere near emulating 3DS games on a PC and I don't believe we'll see an significant work in that domain before 2 years so I recommend buying the 3DS if you're that interested in playing the games right away.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Nightingirle said:

:D also the octopus thing for that dark/psychic one... I'd like that but I wonder how it would be not a water pokemon then? Maybe levitating, because its psychic?[/i]

If they make another obviously Water-type Pokemon and don't make it Water-type I'm going to murder. We haven't had a good generation of Water-types since R/S!

SomeRandom/vp/oreon

Aspiring Trainer
Uh oh I double posted.

And it's a triple post now.

Anyway, I really doubt the gyroscopic shit, since getting a pokémon and allowing it to evolve immediatly seems way too broken without any drawback. Still, some new things, thanks.

orkoni1

Aspiring Trainer
TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Inkay/Malimar NEED to be octopi/squid Pokémon.

THANK YOU!!! I was having the a hard time as I'm sure others did trying to figure this out! I had thought up a similar psychic/dark type stand-alone squid fakemon a few years ago that would be based on the vampire squid (I hope it goes this direction, crossing my fingers).

Mitja

veteran smartass
Why do I have a feeling that the Dark/Psychic poke is gonna be Claydol/Bronzong of gen 6?

Also Panchams evolution method is weird.
I mean I totally dig the requirement, but special requirements usually exclude a level requirement.

Nightingirle

Aspiring Trainer
Professer K said:
Nightingirle said:
I agree, I liked he first one and since I love mew I have high hopes for that one, too :)
To be honest(and I know many don't agree with this, but it's just my personal preference), I don't like the normal mewtwo and am kind of glad it has a new form I like :)

Not to burst your bubble but it does say that the other form of Mewtwo is suppose to look more like Mew than it's self. To me the way you are saying things it sounds like you Mew is getting a new form. Am I right? (I am just wondering lol)

If the first forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

Mewtwo is getting it, right? Sorry I'm kind of, you know, German :D sometimes my sentences don't make sense :) I just thought mewtwo was getting a mew looking form, and am glad about it, because I like mews design and thus hope the form will be nice, too ;)

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato
Nightingirle said:

Technically it hasn't been stated that it's a squid or octopus. Just the names were given, if I'm not mistaken. One theory that was stated on here is that Inkay has to do with the Inca.

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
Mitja said:
Why do I have a feeling that the Dark/Psychic poke is gonna be Claydol/Bronzong of gen 6?

Also Panchams evolution method is weird.
I mean I totally dig the requirement, but special requirements usually exclude a level requirement.

Piloswine and Yanma evolve at level 33 with Ancient Power, if I'm not mistaken.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Nightingirle said:

If they make another obviously Water-type Pokemon and don't make it Water-type I'm going to murder. We haven't had a good generation of Water-types since R/S!

whaaaa... I want aquatic pokemon who arent Water for a change D: (Stunfisk..but meh, they could be Dark, Poison, Ground, Grass, Electric..or any combo of these..heck a Normal fish would be something new lol)

And pokemon who are clearly not aquatic but ARE Water type simply in an elemental way (like Suicune and Keldeo, animals you don't expect to have anything to do with water)

also, you mentioned RS...lack of water pokemon...MAYBE ITZ A HINT FOR REMAEKS! (sry havent had to post this in a while D: )