(1) "Just Ain't True" Quiz [5/24]

You're also forgetting that Smeargle can have Technician.

Ice Types can also be frozen by ice type attacks. I've heard of Frozen Regices.

The Fallen One said:
You're also forgetting that Smeargle can have Technician.

Ice Types can also be frozen by ice type attacks. I've heard of Frozen Regices.

Technician? What on Earth is that?

The Power of Three said:
Bippa201 said:
Yes, but couldn't a Flame Orb burn Infernape?

You don't even need to get THAT complicated.

Tri-Attack or Will o Wisp will do that. =/

People all voted for "none of the above". HELLO! IT WASN'T THERE LAST TIME, SO IT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT THAT! :p

Steel is poisoned from Effect Spore
Darkrai is asleep from Effect Spore (or Hypnosis, even. =/)
Rhyperior is paralyzed from Stun Spore, or Effect Spore
Victreebel is poisoned from Poison Point, or Twinneedle
Articuno's frozen from Tri-Attack

Smeargle has Own Tempo. Prevents confusion, even if it uses an attack like Pedal dance. Smeargle's the answer.

EDIT: Lol, I phail Skill swap on Smeargle, swap abilities. None of The Above are Impossible.

You can't Skill Swap in a Single battle, which is asked in the poll.
Edit: Nevermind. >:[

dmaster out.

For the last time. Fire pokemon can not be burned at all. Ice Pokemon can not be frozen at all. Steel and Poison pokemon can not be poisoned at all.

In order to do any of the above you need to change type. Since I'm still using the original question, i'm not going to use Kecleon. Of all the pokemon listed that were ice, fire ,steel or poison, all of them except infernape could learn Mimic. Mimic allows them to learn Camouflage. this move allows you to change type, and if you are in wifi, it will make you normal type. This makes you susceptible to any of the above statuses. Since Mimic is a 3rd gen tutor, Infernape can not learn it, and can not change its type. As such, the only that is impossible is a Burned Infernape.

Edit: In a single battle you can use Skill Swap, assuming you planned for it to happen.

RB Golbat said:
For the last time. Fire pokemon can not be burned at all. Ice Pokemon can not be frozen at all. Steel and Poison pokemon can not be poisoned at all.

In order to do any of the above you need to change type. Since I'm still using the original question, I'm not going to use Kecleon. Of all the pokemon listed that were ice, fire ,steel or poison, all of them except infernape could learn Mimic. Mimic allows them to learn Camouflage. this move allows you to change type, and if you are in wifi, it will make you normal type. This makes you susceptible to any of the above statuses. Since Mimic is a 3rd gen tutor, Infernape can not learn it, and can not change its type. As such, the only that is impossible is a Burned Infernape.

Edit: In a single battle you can use Skill Swap, assuming you planned for it to happen.

QFT.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Infernape CAN be Burned!

2mrbm2c.jpg

Therefore, the answer is "None of the above!"

SO MUCH WIN! thank you holy star :)

ROTOM ROTOM ROTOM! said:
zwelgbelg said:
EDIT:eek:f course you are wrong
;)

Say you're sorry, funnynameicantspell.:p

I was wrong- and I know my name is a problem, it has been like that for over years now :p
It took about months until someone did not made a typo with my name :p
even though you can even copy-pasta it :)

This quiz have created a whole array of confusions and raised variuos kinds of opinons between everyone in PokeBeach ( even me). At first I thought Victreebel ( or other Poison Types ) couldnt be Poisoned, but blah!

I had to do some " research" and un-eathed an interesting review as to what Status Ailments will affect what Pokemons
To clear everyone's confusion, heres the link:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Status_ailment#Poison

Hopefullt this will answer all your questions! :D

Hmm, I'd trust smogon over bulbapedia though. Tri attack burning fire types is pretty weird.

Nothing burns Fire types. Not Flame Orb, not Tri-Attack, not Psycho Shift, not Will-O-Wisp ect.

I definitely know the answer to the quiz. It's really very simple.

First, anything that can learn Mimic can Mimic Porygon's Conversion, change their type to a type affected by the status condition in question, then Porygon can use Toxic/Thunder Wave/Ice Beam/whatever.

Skarmory: gets Mimic through FR/LG/E tutors
Skarmory used Mimic!
Skarmory learned Conversion!
Skarmory used Conversion!
Skarmory changed to the Rock-type!
Porygon used Toxic!
Skarmory is badly poisoned!

Rhyperior: Not all paralyzing moves are Electric.
Dunsparce used Glare!
Rhyperior is paralyzed!

Vileplume: gets Mimic through FR/LG/E tutors
Vileplume used Mimic!
Vileplume learned Conversion!
Vileplume used Conversion!
Vileplume changed to the Fire-type!
Porygon used Toxic!
Vileplume is badly poisoned!

Articuno: gets Mimic through FR/LG/E tutors
Articuno used Mimic!
Articuno learned Conversion!
Articuno used Conversion!
Articuno changed to the Water-type!
Porygon used Ice Beam!
It's not very effective...
Articuno is frozen!

Darkrai: always able to be put to sleep anyway

Smeargle: can always be confused, provided ability is Technican

Infernape: Does not learn any moves that can change it's type, nor does it learn any moves that allow it to copy other moves. Since there is no way for a fire-type to be burned, nor is there any way for Infernape to change it's type, the answer is Infernape.

Water Pokémon Master said:
@ control: The ArtZapMolt card has 120 HP, not 200. It does 200 damage.

@ everyone else: Quiz fixed. Thanks for pointing out the errors! For once we were wrong!

oh, well I feel dumb now lol

RB Golbat, read that Bulbapedia page. Fling+ Flame Orb burns ape. So does Tri Attack. I actually tested it.

Prove it. Upload a video then. Because I have tested as well and have found that neither of those moves burn infernape. I might not have tested it enough, but I have yet to see it burn an infernape

OH, and pages on a Wiki are not a good place to get 100% reliable info.

So, how does this question bar Kecleon from burning Infernape? I had considered a Skill Swapping Kecleon for the first five choices. I've put Darkrai to Sleep a few times over PBR (thanks to the Lum Berry), and nearly anything can happen to Smeargle due to its vast array of possible moves.

So that red bandage counter is the Burn counter? Thanks. I had always wondered if it was really a Burn counter.

I'm going by the original question which barred use of kecleon. If you allow it then all of them are possible.

Back