(1) Isshu's Starter Evolutions Leaked; Another New Pokemon [9/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already asked this on serebii but...
There is something i don't get that not a lot of people mentioned.
The snake pokemon seems to have some kind of collar. On the left it has this yellow part of the collar that seems to connect to his neck but the right part doesn't seem to connect at all and also seems a bit too long.

The walrus-thing seems to have the same problem with his whiskers. The lower left part is too short compared to the lower right part.
The left upper part also isn't the same as the upper right part.
Anyone knows why that is? It seems odd that official art, even beta art, makes such mistakes.

On serebii, someone mentioned that the first Pokabu evo has an incorrectly coloured finger on its left hand (right as you look at the picture). Seems like a pretty bad mistake for real evos.

Plus, as WPM said before, why show the second and third stages of the starters on their own, without the first stage?

Hrmmmm...,
I just dont know anymore...,
Pokabu is awesome..., but his evos are kinda lame.
tsutajaa and its 1st evo rock...., but i dont know so much about the last evo...,
And the biggest shocker is that i now like mijumaru better than any of them...., although his final evo reminds me of swampert.
Of course they arent confirmed yet. So these are my opinions.

Meh. The only thing that keeps me from bringing a hammer to my MacBook is the fact that they're not 100% confirmed. Yes, they look legit. Yes, they look like KS artwork, but as WPM has always said about rumors, I'm taking this with a grain of salt (albeit, this rumor has more to back it up than others).

I really don't understand the colors on Mijumaru Stage 1. I'd be a much bigger fan of it if it remained with its white body color.

I pray that these supposed evolutions are just another prank. I think it could use more consideration and work. Im happy for the Tsutaaja and Pokabu evolution lines but Mijumaru evolving into that ginat otter creature? Pass. Maybe i need a little time of getting used to. However this is not confirmed.

...WPM, are you really going to believe a pixel-over sprite is additional proof that the source was right? Game Freak never uses the official artwork as pose reference.

How dense are you?

Well, I guess I've gotta wait for official confirmation before I decide if I really like them or not, but it should be fun to talk about them... Anyway, here are my opinions:

Tsutaaja Line: The final evolution is cool, and the change of colors is interesting. The white face looks nice.

Pokabu Line: The stage 1 looks cool (in an odd way), and the final stage looks awesome.

Mijumaru Line: The color change from Mijumaru to its next stage just seems strange. Like others have said, the fan art of it with the white body coloration is more believable. But it wouldn't be the first time there was a major color switch between the basic and first stage... The final stage just seems like such a leap, though. Even for starter final evolutions, it's a leap. This is probably the one I believe in the least. And whatever happened to that whole Fighting-type feel Mijumaru and its next stage had (especially with it getting Revenge)? I suppose it could always just get that attack and never be a Fighting-Type, though.

If these turned out to be real, of course I'd need to wait for the Sugimori artwork before making a choice. Though if I had to make a choice based on just this art, I'm stuck between Tsutaaja and Pokabu. But of course, blah blah blah still not 100% confirmed, blah blah hope they shed some light on this soon, blah blah.

...WPM, are you really going to believe a pixel-over sprite is additional proof that the source was right? Game Freak never uses the official artwork as pose reference.

How dense are you?

They actually do that really ofen... exsamples are Hihidaruma, Wobbuffet (HGSS), Hippopotas... XD

Well mijumaru's final evo can use shell blade with the very many shells it has on him...and pokabus evos well, they have no necks it is rather disturbing

Hmm...I think a couple of factors may lead WPM to believe these as being potential evolutions. First of all, he gets a clear description of a pokemon yet to be revealed and provided that info right on the spot. If that info is proven false within the days prior to release(when everyone will find out the truth)then, people can think of this being fake. I think wpm was probably weary when posting these 'rumors' anyways(anyone would be). Plus, I don't think the Web Master of a site as popular as this one would easily believe in rumors. Anyone would be reluctant to post this specific rumor...

if this were the days before ruby and sapphire came out and you guys had seen pictures of combusken and blaziken, would you have believed they were real? I think those were more of a stretch than miju's line.

@Mucrush: Wobbuffet is different, Hippopotas is laying down in sprite and standing in artwork, and Hihidaruma and we really can't tell much about the Hihidaruma sprite atm though there are some differences. But, let me quote what WPM said:

In conferring with him today, I was able to see some of the material the source had given him, including a sprite of Tsutaaja's final evolution (which matches the photo) and a sprite of another Pokemon.

I really hope these aren't real because i wanted Pokabu's final evo to be a four legged fire boar and I just don't like the fat wrestler-like second evo.

The Water evolution is the best in my opinion, followed by the Grass one. What happened to the Fire evolutionary chain? lol

I'm also digging the monkey trio. Hopefully they are good and evolve, otherwise I'll be disappointed.

i registered just to comment, haha. hi everyone!

i get it. chimchar15 nailed it. i hated the final mijumaru evolution and pokabu's evolution line (i wanted an awesome fire boar darnit!!) but i totally get it now. and kind of dig it.

right now i am really pulling for them to be grass/psychic, fire/dark, and water/fighting. and i think this might be possible. hear me out, though this is all speculation and probably wishful thinking.

grass snake - looks kind of like a cobra, with the popped colla' and all. and cobras are known for being hypnotized - well what if that cobra could hypnotize you? thus, grass/psychic

pig fighter - i know that because he looks kind of like a wrestler a lot of people think he will be fire/fighting but ugh i really hope not. i think they're going with the bomb route. the tail is the wick. bombs are destructive, thus fire/dark

ott-ness monster: as many people have been saying, mijumaru is a samurai! the maru here is the indicator, it was a popular ending to samurai boys' names back in the day. so boy - trainee - WARRIOR. thus, water/fighting

like i said a lot of speculation and wishful thinking. and if someone else brought this up i apologize, i was too excited to post my thoughts before i got to read the entire thread!!

What? No Wobbuffets is almost exactly

110px-202Wobbuffet.png

Spr_4h_202_m.png

The same to Hippopotas, and the one with its laying down is only in its Platinum and HGSS sprite ;b

449Hippopotas.png

Spr_4d_449_m.png

And Hihidarumas sprite is also almost looking alike

180px-Hihidaruma.png

SpriteHihidaruma.png

First off, I've been away for a while. This is gigantic news, having the starters revealed, and in my opinion they are not what I was expecting. At all.

Let's talk Mijimarus evolution first. The first stage actually looks kind of cool, but the coloring seems odd. Not that Pokémon haven't drastically changed color ( Carvanha-Sharpedo) before, but it just seems odd for the creature. As for the final evolution, it's just plain weird. As a standalone Pokémon it would be kick-ass. But as an evolution to Mijimaru it just doesn't fit.

Next is Pokabus. This, to me, is absolutely ridiculous. Not even going to comment further. His final evo is pretty cool actually, but looks like they just put Magmortar and Rhyperior together and called it a final evolution.

Now Tsutarjas first stage evo is cool. I'll give it that. But the final evolution doesn't even look like Sugimori drew it. In my opinion it is fan art quality at best.

I'm really going to be disappointed if these happen to be real, but as a trainer I'm going to have to suck it up and add them to my collection just like I did with every other Pokémon before them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back