(1) Isshu Starter's English Names Revealed! [11/22]

I like them cause there so stupid lol

"Oshawott (ocean+water+otter?)" that made me laugh.

T-e-h Pig is my favorite one.

I think for me Pokabu is bsed on something sick....

for example, you have a burning nose..., and Tepig has fire coming out of his nose.

There are reasons why i think his name makes perfect sense... and please don't point out that i'm wrong, but it's a suggestion...

1. His nose! his can have the ability to breath out smoke,and fire out of nose, and his nose is red... like in real life when your sick, or have allergies, your nose turns red when it's icthy... but you don't breathe out fire or smoke out of your nose....

2. His Characteristics! you see in his Beginning form, he has no flames coming out his body, and he only breathes fire, and smoke out of his nose.... but he does make sense if he is not hot from the start. he's cold, then later hot! It's a making sense sort of thing,and you guys gotta stop worrying, and besides it's not later on their evos english names are gonna suck, but they might not later on. so, don't be upset at it. they do make sense... Actually since some people like the Otter's name, then i might be along with it i guess.... OSHAWOTT! lol :D

Some people here are thinking B/W is all based on America. Well there's more to it...
1: The pokemon. Just look at Rigiray. A crash that happend in Mexico several yrs. ago.
2:The Trainers. The only one I can think of is the chef lady.
That's all I can think of right now.

There all awful, I hate them all, why does Nintendo stuff everything up, Snivey will always be Tsutarja to me. I really hope they don't screw up the others.

PPl are just confused with the new name because they used to say the Japanese,when best wishes hit America we will be satisfied of these names :).
still feel that oshawott is a complicated one,also ocean+water+otter??? that's funny,it's something like "sky air bird" ??I guess it's based on some thing else.

I don't like how Oshawott is called that, since Ocean+Water+Otter makes no sense. Oshawott is suppoed to be a fresh water Pokémon, that live a long rivers! That's where giant Otters live, and it's line is based on them! So why did NOF (Nintendo Of Fail) make is sound like it comes from the Sea?

Mijumaru's classification is the SEA OTTER POKEMON.

I'd say that works as a sufficient reason.

Besides this really isn't an issue of sense. It's just a name. If you spend effort finding excuses to argue that it is bad just because you hate it, that's just silly.

Mijumaru's classification is the SEA OTTER POKEMON.

Was it called that in Japanese? If so, then that's odd, because I did hear that Giant Otters come from rivers, so why would this one come from the Sea?

Was it called that in Japanese?

Yes.

It's species in the japanese game is ラッコ. You can verify with bulbapedia or veekun.

You may now commence severe scathing criticism of GameFreak and calling them GameFail or whatever.

I just like things to be realistic, and if Gamefreak don't care enough about where Pokémon should come from, then why do they research real life animals? They might as well make a flying Dolphin, that has four heads, lives in a Jungle and is Fire/Poison Type.

unova and snivy make sense. the other names just sound weird.

i like the logos, they look cool.

glad they ended up keeping the names for reshiram, zekrom, and zoroark.

Tepig is such a great name. It's so simple, it's brilliant. I'll deal with Oshawott and Snivy (thank GOD it's not Smugleaf), but Tepig I actually like. Kudos to the Nintendo Pokemon Naming Committee for that one.

Blob55 said:
I just like things to be realistic, and if Gamefreak don't care enough about where Pokémon should come from, then why do they research real life animals? They might as well make a flying Dolphin, that has four heads, lives in a Jungle and is Fire/Poison Type.

But pokemon are simply not realistic. They aren't even designed to look realistically believable from the first generation (cannon on tortoise, piece of rock with hands, pokeball with eyes, birds with anime eyes, etc.)

Researching real life animals does not equal inventing a new real life animal. It is inspiration for design. Not duplication or adaptation. Inspiration can influence the art direction, but ultimately the governing doctrine is still a cartoon-stylised creature, not something realistic.

Oshaking, Ivlord, Emboar maybe for 2nd evo.
1st evo: Serplant, Rampig, Oshrai

PMJ, thank you. I told all of my friends the names and only one of them said it was good and has a nice ring to it. the others trashed it because they like Mijumaru not Pokabu. Tepig isn't nearly as popular as Oshawott and Snivy (the pokemon not the names) but its a great pokemon with a simple, catchy name, not an odd mix like Oshawott yet not as odd sounding as Snivy. Snivy is good but Oshawott just isn't to me. Cubble would have been good, hell i would even take Wotter. Just because a pokemon is good doesn't mean its nickname is. The are all good but Oshawott isn't as catchy or simple as Snivy or Tepig.

@shiny Umbreon: It was in New Mexico, not Mexico... btw, a lot of people failed in that Blaine's quiz... I'm not American and even I know that...

@PMJ: I think Tepig sounds person... I mean, I don't even know how to pronounce but either way, it's sounds stupid for a name...

^Yes, it can cuz I said It sounded person when I pronounced it the way I thought it was pronounced...
I didn't know if it was "Te-pig" or "Te h*-pig"...But I tried both and it sounds person in both ways IMO...

*Why does it change to "the" when I write "t-e-h"?

Oshawott? Lame. I like Water starters, so how about I introduce an easier name: Oshotta. Mixture of ocean and otter with the a in ocean at the end. Does that sound better than Oshawott?

Back