(1) Isshu Starter's English Names Revealed! [11/22]

wow thats dumb the names were fine enough as it is i guess younger kids cant say the japanese names snivy honestly thats bit even a good name its dumb....

Unova - New + Unite States, it makes sense. I can't believe everyone it hating on there names so much, maybe this is because this is my first time finding the japanese information, i usually just wait until they come out in english that's why i don't know the japanese names of the other generations. Hey i used to hate Meguroko, but i'm sure you'll guys will get used to it, but i love all of the starters names.

I think these names are ridiculous. Its incredible I was holding my breath for this (I thought Snivy would have an awsome name). And Isshu sounds wayyyy better than Unova...

Is "Unova" really a portmanteau for "Unum" + "Nova"? Because when I first saw the word, I thought it was an acronym-type for America

"United States Of America" = UnOfA = UNOVA.

Because wasn't this region based on America?

why are we complaining? most of us were so excited, and now bumbed? were are we? Gilagin's Island or Pokebeach? hu? you tell me because i think this map's up-side-down!

"Wow" is all I have to say. That's not a good wow, mind you. Oshawott and Tepig sound...odd, to say the least. They only name that sounds somewhat decent is "Snivy". Hmm, now..."Unova"? Imma let them finish renaming everything, but the Japanese names were much, much better.

When Black/White come out, I will still refer to the Pokemon by their Japanese names. These new ones are just...ugh, they make me cringe a little.

we hate on everything at first then we get over it u guys should know this by now.on to the names
tepig-meh
Oshawott-decent very surprising never would have thought of it
snivy-people guessed it and its pretty good

Is "Unova" really a portmanteau for "Unum" + "Nova"? Because when I first saw the word, I thought it was an acronym-type for America

"United States Of America" = UnOfA = UNOVA.

Because wasn't this region based on America?

This is actually not a bad theory.

I personally don't find the names bad, they sound kind of cool to me. Especially Oshawott. I like Unova WAY better than Isshu, Unova sounds more United and has a ting to its name. Will the rest of the names be replaced sometime soon, or do we have to wait a while?

I'm not that impressed with the new names, I was hoping for better names. Oh well it is their decision, it will probably take a while getting used to the English names now since I used to say the Japanese names so many times. On the other hand, the region name is pretty nice, I actually like the sound of it. I just hope that they reveal the names of the other Pokemon soon.

Omg... MANY people were screaming: "Oh! Tsutaja should be named Snivy!" and now, when it IS actually called Snivy, people who said that is COMPLAINING about the name they said themself? Omg...

Also, the only name I don't really like is Tepig, but we will get used to it! Also, Unova is a awesome name!! Not that Isshu wasn't good, but Unova isn't bad :3

I love these names! Snivy is brilliant, Tehpig is fun, and, well, Oshawott is Oshawott.

And I also like the name Unova. Isshu, as lovely as it is, just doesn't sound like a region name to me. Unova, on the other hand, does.

Back