(1) Isshu Starter's English Names Revealed! [11/22]

...and so is the concept of new information that will rock their world.

I'm holding on for the actual release of the games.

My thoughts on the fire evolution chain, disagree all you like
Tepig - Pyrog - Emboar
I think these sound pretty good, please give me your opinion

@nikihesus: Yep, as well as the concept of accepting said information instead of whining like a depraved 7 year-old.

New names are epic.... Unova sounds awesome... I pronounce it "You no vuh" Its better than Isshu. I think the most epic name is mijumaru's. which was Oshawott. :3

I think a bunch of people hate the name Oshawott.

Snivy.....I am shocked!!!I honestly did not think this would become reality.

Snivy and Tepig are such terrible names...but I actually like Oshawott. Let's hope their evolutions have decent names.

omg these new names for the starters are fn person im only calling them by japanese names and when people ask who im talking about iIm going to say screw u learn their real names

^This is the worst example, and first post too.

Really, you'll get used to it, don't deny it, YOU'LL GET USED TO IT.

This thread was absolutely painful to read. Especially the people who brought up the Japanese names.

These new names are...interesting, and after letting them sit in my mind aren't that horrid.

Oshawott is kinda hard to pin on origin, but is amusing to say...so like!

Tepig is my least favorite merely because I was hoping sus (the genus name for pigs) would be implemented, but it'll grow on me. (New nickname Tepiggy)

Snivy is unfortunately not Smugleaf (which I'll still nickname it that), but I wasn't expecting it to and given the other theoretical names this was a relatively good option.

Unova is just awesome. Being a nice acronym and having referring to the legendaries with the nova part is quite nice.

Well... I have to be honest and say that I do not like the english names at all, Snivy is alright though! But just as it happened with the starter evos... I'll get used to them! Still have no idea if I'm pronouncing Mijumaru's name right... oh I mean Oshawott, LOL!

Snivy- hurrah!
Tepig- sounds rather hot (groans)
Osshawot- meh itll grow on me soon but its ok. Ill call mine Samurtide.

oh and umm..
Hahaha to all the people who didnt believe me when i told them it wasnt smugleaf.
By now yall should know im always right except when im not.
Unova is a beastly name. No more "pokemon got isshus" puns! Good pun.
And no we didnt get region names straight from japanese. (ex. Shinto>Sinnoh)

Awesome! My Oshawott shall be called Revolver! :D [/end Metal Gear Solid references]
Also I believe that Unova be more a Latin Portmanteau of Unum and Nova than UNited states OV America, although it works both ways. : )

Here are my opinions on the new names:

Snivy. The pun on this one is too obvious and does not sound too well.

Tepig. Where is the creativity? I've seen more clever ones like Piglit or Warmhog. It even sounds bad. Terrible.

Oshawott. This one is the best because it actually shows effort unlike the other two. Not bad.

Unova. This is the strangest, most unusal name for a Pokemon reigon. Especially begining with a U and not following any romanization of Isshu, like the other reigons did for their japanese correspondants. This one will be odd to get used to.

I don't mind the starter names, but I absolutely cannot stand changing the name of a region. All of the regions have had more or less universal names, why change it now? And to something so silly, no less.

I like the Japanese names far better, but these aren't so bad.
Oshawott actually sounds pretty cool,
Snivy is okay,
Tepig is [insert explicit and vulgar term for "bad"]!!!!
Hopefully Pokabu's (I refuse to call it that "name") fully evolved form's name isn't "Wreggy" (wrestler+piggy), but something like that is what I'm expecting.
Unova hurts me, it sounds like an Innovator's name (not really, but you get the point: screwed up.). Isshu sounds infinitely better.

Back