(1) Honedge's Evolution Revealed [9/25]

zappy800 said:
Ok first off I love this pokemon. Secondly the thing that connects them is more likely to be the thing people put on their backs to carry 2 swords. So yeah sorry but it doesn't look like a coat of arms to me.

I think the general train of thought was headed in the direction of "This could possibly become a coat of arms if there's an evolution to this"

Rellek said:
zappy800 said:
Ok first off I love this pokemon. Secondly the thing that connects them is more likely to be the thing people put on their backs to carry 2 swords. So yeah sorry but it doesn't look like a coat of arms to me.

I think the general train of thought was headed in the direction of "This could possibly become a coat of arms if there's an evolution to this"

Oh well ok then. I feel if it evolves it will become a shadow soldier with the two honedge swords but that's just hopeful.

Here's a scary thought:
Doublade has No Guard.
Seeing as it's literally 2 blades, it may very well get Guillotine.
No-miss Guillotine.

Brb, gotta go change my pants.

Chrono said:
Here's a scary thought:
Doublade has No Guard.
No-miss Guillotine.

Oh s@#$ what if it also gets some of the others like (i believe) Fissure.

Rellek said:
zappy800 said:

Honedge -> Duablade -> Trinarmour

big-ol' tri force on front

I'm not seeing the magnimite and klink comparsion. Resembles the beldum evolution to me.
Magnimite: triples same design
Klink: adds new not identical parts
Beldum: doubles and adds new details

tso said:
Rellek said:

Honedge -> Duablade -> Trinarmour

big-ol' tri force on front

Pokemon legend of zelda crossover confirmed. :D Also I think I read on a different thread the interview masuda and a different pokemon person had with Nintendo World Report Masuda saying other crossovers might happen if they work well. This could happen.(highly unlikely I know but who guessed conquest?)

BCWD93 said:
I'm not seeing the magnimite and klink comparsion. Resembles the beldum evolution to me.

Well, just because its doubled and not tripled and has minor detail changes doesnt mean it is unlike the magnemite line. Its still just 2 Honedges with minor new details.

zappy800 said:
Chrono said:
Here's a scary thought:
Doublade has No Guard.
No-miss Guillotine.

Oh s@#$ what if it also gets some of the others like (i believe) Fissure.

Lol I won't want to see the day when a ghost/metal pokemon gets Sheer cold or Fissure.

And trick room teams explode with amazingness if it does have guillotine. Which would be SO crazy.

Firemaker said:
I feel kind of disappointed. I mean, the design is much like Magneton and Dugtrio, so it isn't suddenly unoriginal, but I think this announcement was a bit hyped. What makes Doublade special enough to be announced early?

It may very well evolve into Gen 6's pseudo-legendary.

evilpacman said:
BCWD93 said:

Well, just because its doubled and not tripled and has minor detail changes doesnt mean it is unlike the magnemite line. Its still just 2 Honedges with minor new details.

Seeing your avatar reminds me; did anyone complain that inkay's evolution is a rip-off of voltorb's? Yet here we are comparing magnemite to honedge.

I have always liked dual swords, I always thought they were awesome, so I'm not really caring. I think that the color could have been cooler, but eh, I kinda like Doublade. If it can't learn Sacred/Secret Sword though... I'm sad enough that Samurott couldn't get Secret/Sacred Sword as an event move or something since it IS a sword wielding, awesome otter.

BCWD93 said:
evilpacman said:

Seeing your avatar reminds me; did anyone complain that inkay's evolution is a rip-off of voltorb's? Yet here we are comparing magnemite to honedge.

In what way? Sure they both involve being flipped. And they may very well give the flipping the DS evolution method to voltorb as well. But inkay and Malimar are too very different looking pokemon with obvious improvements while electrode and voltorb are literally just themselves flipped upside down.

Ohman177 said:
BCWD93 said:

In what way? Sure they both involve being flipped. And they may very well give the flipping the DS evolution method to voltorb as well. But inkay and Malimar are too very different looking pokemon with obvious improvements while electrode and voltorb are literally just themselves flipped upside down.

What I'm saying is that magnemite and voltorb's evolution's are simple designs of the same concept. Yes, there is a second honedge but there are also changed and added details to it's design unlike magneton. Inkay looks very different when flipped/evolved yet electrode just has it's face flipped.
Like I said before, Doublade has more in common with Metang in my opinion.

At first I didn't like it, seeing as I love Honedge to death and had a completely different idea for his evolution in my head, BUT Doublade is starting to grow on me, especially if he does turn out to be the Magnemite/Beldum/Klink of his gen because I love all three of those lines :3

So yeah I'm really hoping for an epic third evolution with 3 swords or whatever because I was planning on having Honedge in my party this whole time, and I don't want that to change lol

Doublade is great =D

Doutrio is great =D

Doudrio is great =D

Douzing is great =D

Doulank is great =D

*laughs hysterically*...

Ahh whatever, nothing I haven't seen before in the Pokemon world after the wondrous derp of Trubbish and Vanilite.

PumpedAaron said:
Doublade is great =D

Doutrio is great =D

Doudrio is great =D

Douzing is great =D

Doulank is great =D

*laughs hysterically*...

Ahh whatever, nothing I haven't seen before in the Pokemon world after the wondrous derp of Trubbish and Vanilite.

I LOVE the wondrous derp of Vanillite/Trubbish I don't get how you hate trubbish it's the same hypocrisy of liking Doublade but hating Magneton because it's just 3 magnemite glued together. Also Vanillite is a pretty chill pokemon no one likes but they like Swirlix.

Well, I was totally expecting Honedge to be standalone. Guess I was wrong. Oddly enough, though... Have there even been ANY standalone Pokemon revealed yet? Helioptile's confirmed to get an evolution, and Bunnelby is rumoured to. Clauncher, Skrelp, Flabébé, Swirlix, Spritzee and Dedenne most likely get evolutions. Meowstic is rumoured to get a prevolution. That leaves Noivern (OK, that is quite possibly standalone), Orotto (wouldn't be terribly surprised if it had a prevolution) and Furfrou (which might or might not have a prevolution or evolution).

Back