(1) Full 'Plasma Blast' Set List [7/25]

The fact there are only 2 Fire cards (from the same line) in the set only makes me more mad that they based one of the decks around Volcarona, downgrading its rarity (the only Fire holo card in the jap set) and the rest of the deck will be full of pokémon of the other type... They should have just base that deck around another non-evolving pokémon like genesect and from another type (I don't know, Water maybe... Suicune would be cool as it is also a legendary)...

They should have put the Vulpix & Ninetales from Battle Boost into this set so it isn't just one fire line, I mean, it's not like they have anything better to do.

However, when does TPCI usually think that far ahead?

Bob The Magical Penguin said:
They should have put the Vulpix & Ninetales from Battle Boost into this set so it isn't just one fire line, I mean, it's not like they have anything better to do.

However, when does TPCI usually think that far ahead?

I was expecting promo Victini (the one that has a 60-damage attack for 3 energy). Would've made sense: one side gets Genesect, the other side gets Victini: both legendaries (though 1 is much weaker).

GamerXYZ said:
I was expecting promo Victini (the one that has a 60-damage attack for 3 energy). Would've made sense: one side gets Genesect, the other side gets Victini: both legendaries (though 1 is much weaker).

You had me confused for a while... That Victini is not a promo, it's from those Exciting Battle decks...

But yeah, I think they could have included all the cards from those decks in this set... They put the whole National Beginning Set into Boundaries Crossed and other than the Fire, Water and Grass cards, all those cards had Ken Sugimori stock art (some even repeated) and they suck too... at least the EB decks' cards have original artwork...

What they could do is release an entirely different set consisting of ;
-extras in Battle Boost(~25)
-Exciting Battle cards (~40)
-Shiny Coll. (~25)
-semi-random Jap. promos
for a total of 90+ cards

Unfortunately, that would put us even further behind and be a waste of Battle Boost.

Bob The Magical Penguin said:
What they could do is release an entirely different set consisting of ;
-extras in Battle Boost(~25)
-Exciting Battle cards (~40)
-Shiny Coll. (~25)
-semi-random Japanese. promos
for a total of 90+ cards

Unfortunately, that would put us even further behind and be a waste of Battle Boost.

Not to mention the only new EXs we'd see would be Meloetta, Chandelure and Excadrill, plus it would be an absolute abomination of a set.
I don't know how likely it is, but I'm hoping we see XY1 in November.

Ryan Sinclair said:
Not to mention the only new EXs we'd see would be Meloetta, Chandelure and Excadrill, plus it would be an absolute abomination of a set.
I don't know how likely it is, but I'm hoping we see XY1 in November.

True.
I'm 99% positive for an XY set in Nov. We'll probably have a smooth transition into it because of the excess of unreleased Eng. cards, but we may not see all of them released since there will be so many "All New, Never Before Seen Cards!" within the next Gen. At this point I hope that the TCG will soon be (near)simultaneous and that a possible new fairy-type won't mess everything up.

Guys, even if it is a simultaneous release, Japan is only getting the Beginning Sets for XY in November. They probably won't be seeing an actual set release until December at the earliest.

Is it just me or is it the regular rares in this set actually decent and even better than the PF reg. rares. (some good examples are Azelf, Uxie, Drifblim and Cradily).

21438_4493676678444_519974268_n.jpg

Looking good IMO. (Not my pic by the way)

Hot diggity damn! Those are amazing! The holo effect actually comes out, and isn't bland! I candidate this the best BW set.

(Also sure the person also bought a box of Plasma blastl

So happy! At my Plasma Blast PR I got some of the best pulls there:

-Blastoise Holo
-Jirachi EX
-Dialga EX
-G Scope Ace Spec
-Dialga EX FA
-& Genesect EX FA!

Unfortunately I traded away the Genesect EX for about 5 other cards that I needed

Wow let me start off by saying that this set is going to be amazing. And yes, the catcher has been reprinted but with no changes to the art. Along with Juniper, and Ultra Ball. Another card that seems to be popular right now is Blastoise with Deluge as an ability. This card was indeed reprinted for this set with new art work. One of the two Ace Specs that I saw at the event was a Master Ball. This card lets you search your deck for a Pokemon. No coin flip, no discard, just simple search for a Pokemon. The other was the G-Booster but, everyone knows what that does. I decided to play a water/grass deck that lead me to go 2-1. Not bad in my opinion but sad that I lost one. As for what I pulled, it was not a great round for me. I did not pull any EX's or full arts. Just holos. But it was still fun. Bellow I have listed my decklist. I have no real reason behind this deck except for it was the most type of cards I pulled. Let me know what you guys think so far about Plasma Blast.

Pokemon: 15
-Surskit x2
-Masquerain x2
-Genesect x1
-Glalie x1
-Octillery x1
-Relicanth x1
-Chatot x2
-Remoraid x2
-Lapras x3
-Snorunt x1

Trainers: 6
-Energy Retrieval x1
-Silver Mirror x1 (Allows you to prevent all damage done to the Pokemon this card is attached to by all Team Plasma Pokemon)
-Iris x1 (Allows you to deal +10 damage for each prize card your opponent has taken)
-Silver Bangle x1 (Allows you to increase the damage of the Pokemon this card is attached to by 30 but only if it is attacking a EX Pokemon)
-Ultra Ball x1
-Professor Juniper x1

Energy: 19
-Water x10
-Grass x8
-Plasma Energy x1

I pulled,
Catchers 2
Haxorus 1
Machamp (Holo) 1
G-Booster 1
Super Cyclone Thing (Super Scoop Up ace spec without flip) 1