(1) Full 'Plasma Blast' Set List [7/25]

DNA said:
And that the English sets line up with Japan's, right?

Eh, for the most part.

@GamerXYZ, based on the number of Pokemon, I'd say that 12 psychic and 6 grass energies would be reasonable.

Bob The Magical Penguin said:
DNA said:
And that the English sets line up with Japan's, right?

Eh, for the most part.

@GamerXYZ, based on the number of Pokemon, I'd say that 12 psychic and 6 grass energies would be reasonable.

Yes, the energies are correct, but about the other thing, THE ONLY THING YOU QUOTE IS THE JAPAN-USA TIMELINE?!?! God... XD Did you at least understand the rest? And sorry if it sounds(looks) a bit rude, but it's supposed to sound(look) funny.

Well timeline-wise, yes, I'd say they line up well, but cards in the timeline of sets don't always come out at the best times, some coming out another couple of sets later. But yes. I completely understood everything DNA said.

Usually when a set is released the starter evolution lines are all there and if one or more is missing then they usually don't appear at all. I don't remember what set the other 2 lines were in but I think it is odd to only put 1 line in a set. If they are going to include the lines in a set they should complete the full package. I knew that our sets were similar with Japan but the other things I did not know abou because I am not heavy into the TCG like you guys are but I do collect the cards and keep a tab on how a set should be XD.:)

Usually when a set is released the starter evolution lines are all there and if one or more is missing then they usually don't appear at all.
...The starter lines get broken up frequently, actually, especially if they are not the starter lines from that region. For Hoenn starters, they all appeared in GE, but their second appearances were all in different sets. Same thing with Kanto starters - they were all in SW but the second appearances in DP-block were all in different sets.

"Usually" is not the same thing as "half the time".

Why did they separate them up? That does not make much sense XD.:)

Eh, I'll probably pick up a couple of Mind Blast for Genesect and Caitlin, but yeah, Solar Strike seems the more notable of the two.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
^ Same thing with BW base set. Samurott, Emboar and Serperior were together. Then they got seperated.

No? The BW starters have all appeared together in sets (with the exception of Shiny reprints and Serperior from Shiny Collection).

But what DNA said is correct. Starters usually appear together if they're the starters of that respective gen. The others might appear together but may also be spreaded around or paired with starters from other gens.

To be more specific. It all started with DP. In the DP block, not counting pokémon variants (like Pokémon SP or shinies in BW), we had the following:
DP: Sinnoh starters together
MT: Johto starters together
SW: Kanto starters together
GE: Hoenn starters together
MD: Another wave of Sinnoh starters
LA: none

Then, you can count Stormfront as already part of the second block of sets or put it apart from the Platinum sets, because with the Arceus set, it all ends up the same way. But it was in Stormfront where they started to spread and combine the Kanto and Hoenn starters while leaving the Sinnoh starters together and saving the Johto ones for the HGSS-block.

SF: fully evolved Sinnoh starters together (in their secondary type); Sceptile (as a regular card) and Charizard (as a retro card) combined.
PL: 3rd wave of Sinnoh starters; Blastoise and Blaziken combined.
RR: none (again, not counting things like Infernape 4 or Turtwig GL)
SV: Venusaur and Swampert combined.
AR: Charizard and Sceptile combined again. Though, Sceptile had 2 cards and none of them were holo. [The Charizard and Sceptile combination was always the weird one]

HGSS-block:
HGSS: Johto starters together
UL: There's Blastoise and Torterra but they came from special decks and then, no other starters were released during the HGSS-block except...
CoL: reprints of HGSS johto starters.

BW:
BW: Unova starters together (2 of each, one from the Beginning sets and one from the main set)
-note: BW Promo reprints also released together...
DEX: Empoleon, Venusaur and Blaziken
BC: Charizard and Blastoise; 2nd wave of Unova starters
PLS: Infernape and Torterra (as Plasma pokémon)
PLF: Sceptile
PLB: Blastoise reprint from the Kyurem-EX+Blastoise deck (doesn't count as a new release as it is simply a reprint from a special deck).
EBB: BW main set's Unova starters reprinted together. Charizard is also reprinted and there's a new Empoleon.

Still in the BW era, there's the Empoleon promo, a japanese-only (for now) Serperior promo and like I mentioned above, the Serperior from Shiny Collection (which is a special set).
Also, there's the shiny reprints:
Emboar appeared in NXD, Serperior in DRX and Samurott never had one, hence why those shouldn't count for the purpose of this post. Finally, there's shiny Charizard and Blastoise in PLS (Venusaur never had a shiny) and shiny Empoleon in PLF.

Special notes to Swampert never having a BW release nor the Johto starters (but those had been released in the previous HGSS-block).

PS: This is way I prefer the DP block over BW. It was much better organized...

Oh the DP block was SO good. They actually managed to include every single revealed Pokemon within those first few sets (except Kadabra, obviously). I hope they can do that again with the XY TCG. Just give us a few bigger sets to start the Generation and use as many different Pokemon as possible. <3

I wonder why tney did that thought. Why did they remove the levels on Pokemon again XD? That actually helped me as well as the real Pokedex numbers.:)

Why did they have the levels on Pokemon cards? They never meant anything (aside from Lv. X).

I don't actually know for sure, but I think it was an indication of how powerful the card was, so you could have 2 different (for example) Tropius cards and justify one being better than the other because one was a higher level. At least, that's what I always thought.

Dark Void said:
Why did they have the levels on Pokemon cards? They never meant anything (aside from Lv. X).

Levels were on the original cards up until the e-series, and were re-introduced with the DP era to be continued to the end of the HGSS block. They served no real purpose, and were included only as part of the flavor text.

Back