(1) First 'CoroCoro' Scans of 'Pokemon Black and White' [4/10]

RE: (1) First 'CoroCoro' Scans of 'Pokemon Black and White'

I'm amazed at the graphic style of the new games. It looks amazing, and the whole 3D effect is a much-needed addition. I love how the game has actually evolved, as opposed to just being a remake (Like HG/SS) or a Refreshed idea of a previuos set (Like Platinum).
Though the new region reminds me of Kanto, which makes me think that the Pokédex may actually decrease in number, as opposed to previous Gens, where it constantly expanded. Though I may be wrong. And I usually am...

Fly-Gon said:
im wondering if this will allow us to freely walk as in not just up down left right but animal crossing like

I know what you mean. I also hope that the Pokémon are visible, like in Ranger, as opposed to them randomly appearing in the grass.

If that last scan is a battle screen.... That is awesome :D. Otherwise, it look so amazing.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Added this to my story. Thought it was worth mentioning. XD

It might just be the scans, but it looks like the nurse at the Pokemon Center has brown hair. Either Nurse Joy is trying a new style or she's simply not Nurse Joy, which could mean we are far, far away from the past four regions (where the Joys have not reproduced like bunnies and invaded). I could be looking too much into this, though. :D

To me it looks like the nurse has dark pink hair, just from the highlights on the top of the head, but that could just be me :p

I don't know if it's just me (and my lack of sleep ftw?) but has anyone else noticed that the cave looks almost Electric-related? There's a bunch of little sparks, plus a few of the rocks seems to be floating.

The game might be in a different time but maybe the theme of that region might be retro. :p the bushy hair and the PC. The name of the games just might imply the "black and white" times. I'm pretty sure that zorua time traveled with celebi to the present or the past with celebi in the movie.

You can have an LCD monitor in front of a thick box computer box, if it's all built into eachother like ATMs. I also feel like nurses in-game were never intended to be Joy, didn't they have non-pink hair before at some point? Also aren't the police usually male? Not many Jennys.

I like the idea with the backsprites, seems weird they let the pixels show that strongly on the Pokemon though.

i think this will be on the 3-Ds.....
I love how the game looks and the new battle systems! i hate the girl sprite though...

I really love the new pics of game. I think the game will be filled with adventure and the 3D graphics look excellent! I will be watching Pokemon Sunday soon and I can't wait to see what the reveal.

This is great, the fact that the 3D is better helps us to submerge in the pokemon world, The scans of the cities make them look like Kanto.

This idea might be a little bit out there, but after seeing a bunch of people commenting on the lack of following Pokemon, I had the thought that it's possibly because they are in 3D, and they don't want to reveal that yet. Of course, that's just pure speculation.

I am personally really happy about the new graphics; I've been wanting a true, skyscraper-filled city ever since I first played a Pokemon game. (No, I don't count Saffron.)

I'm split on whether Nurse Joy has pink hair still or not. From the rest of the scan, you can see that the colors are slightly off from the scanning process, and even so her hair looks to have more hue in it that the brown-haired shopkeepers in the foreground.

It also appears to be that Kaitou is correct: The cave does seem to have sparks circling the rocks, which are floating.. I'm going to guess that it's either an electric-themed cave, or a new legendary area.

Holy cow!!!!!!

That. Looks. AMAZING.

... Wait, no Pokemon following....!? Oh well.

And the new vehicle! My pokemon game I'm making is going to have a go-cart you can ride. No fair pokemon, you beat me to it.

It looks different, that's for sure.
However, it looks like we're evolving. The battle screen looks great. It seems PokeCentre's and PokeMart's have been merged together for ease, plus the freaky diagonal path near the skyscraper city is something to look out. It does look fairly awesome.
I can't wait to hear more.

I'm not entirely sure if this has been pointed out at all yet, but has anyone else noticed the bottom of what looks like that GTS Globe in the top right of the PokéCenter screen? Could just be over-observation but hey, I'll throw it out there :p

Kaitou Cooro said:
I don't know if it's just me (and my lack of sleep ftw?) but has anyone else noticed that the cave looks almost Electric-related? There's a bunch of little sparks, plus a few of the rocks seems to be floating.

ya i see electrical sparks aswell.

LordMuha said:
I'm not entirely sure if this has been pointed out at all yet, but has anyone else noticed the bottom of what looks like that GTS Globe in the top right of the PokéCenter screen? Could just be over-observation but hey, I'll throw it out there :p

I was looking at that my self... Interesting...

Enshidia said:
plus the freaky diagonal path near the skyscraper city is something to look out. It does look fairly awesome.
I can't wait to hear more.

I can't help but suspect that in that city, as well as other cities, the camera will travel with our character around the city. Almost as though the city were spinning. I dunno how to explain exactly what I mean, hopefully you get it. Like, we'd be seeing buildings from a different view than just the front/aerial for once.

Also, someone had mentioned that they hope we get "Animal Crossing" type movement. I sort of doubt this based on the the images shown. Everyone is facing NSEW and there is nobody facing any other directions than that.

benny said:
I can't help but suspect that in that city, as well as other cities, the camera will travel with our character around the city. Almost as though the city were spinning. I dunno how to explain exactly what I mean, hopefully you get it. Like, we'd be seeing buildings from a different view than just the front/aerial for once.

Also, someone had mentioned that they hope we get "Animal Crossing" type movement. I sort of doubt this based on the the images shown. Everyone is facing NSEW and there is nobody facing any other directions than that.

i get what ur saying the city is in the center and u can walk around it in circular path, i wonder how it looks on the inside though :p

hellmetal789 said:
i get what ur saying the city is in the center and u can walk around it in circular path, i wonder how it looks on the inside though :p
Yay! I did a decent job explaining myself then, I didn't wanna look like an idiot in my first ever post. :)

But yea, I can't think of how it'd look from the inside other than cutting/fading away the large buildings.

Am I the only one, though, who can't wait to see some more pictures of more wilderness-type areas?
I wanna see a beach! A forest! An island!
More Battles!

I think that Pokémon Sunday will show us the bare essentials, as CoroCoro usually gives us more info (as with HGSS) and is also scheduled for release AFTER Pokémon Sunday itself :).

Wow, just wow....

Absolutely amazing. This already shows you how much the 3DS will be improved by, the 3D graphics are just fantastic. The sense of realism is a great touch, I like how on the route there are cars, another realistic touch. So far with this reigon, super impressed! Zorua, Zoroark, great designs. Graphics, fantastic. Logos, great. Is this making up my slight dislike for sinnoh? YES! The Pokemon Center looks like its on the anime even, a very modern touch. I have a great feeling for this. As previously said, that is most likely the Pokemon League Gate. I can see a lot of determination has gone into this, can't wait for more! Literally...

Back