(1) 'EX Battle Boost' EX Cards, Theme Deck Cards, and Genesect Blister Promos [6/15]

Machamp the Champion said:
lol at everyone who said Gyarodos can do 240 turn 2.

That Spiritomb seems really playable. It's a huge pain to Genesect EX's G-Booster (which is apparently the BDIF in Japan), and it's also just a pretty good card in general. The attack can easily be counter by just lowering your hand size, but even at 4 cards, it's not bad for a Pokemon with an alternate use. Maybe Hugh will even see play with this card... lolololol no

I can see Gyarodos being on Bad Deck Monday once it comes out.

Gyarodos+Cofagrigus

The Meloetta is also a reprint.

http://pokebeach.com/scans/boundaries-crossed/77-meloetta.jpg

This sets meloetta (Psychic): Meloetta - Psychic - HP80
Basic Pokemon

[P] Psychic: 10+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.
[P][C][C] Echoed Voice: 50 damage. During your next turn, this Pokemon's Echoed Voice attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

That Meloetta reprint is beautiful and I want it.

GamerXYZ said:
"or if you want to be pessimistic, the Bouffalant ditched them out in the cold"

Well, considering that Bouffalant has the Revenge attack, I'd say that's the more logical conclusion.

I'm not sure the The Pokemon Company is that morbid. Also considering that you can see Bouffalant coming up in the background to pick up the Natu, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Because, contrary to popular belief, I am extremely predictable.

Aquadon said:
GamerXYZ said:

Well, considering that Bouffalant has the Revenge attack, I'd say that's the more logical conclusion.

I'm not sure the The Pokemon Company is that morbid. Also considering that you can see Bouffalant coming up in the background to pick up the Natu, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

What if Bouffalaunt found the Natus on his head, so he dropped them in the cold, and backstepped away?

I can't believe I got my hopes up that Gyarados could actually do 240.

I think Gyarados is now the equivalent of Pat Benatar singing because my heart is broken.

dmaster out.

I think Blastoise just got a new toy to beat Klinklang.

gundambot1 said:
the Gyarados actually reads , " does 20 damage times the no. of prizes taken by each player"
the current translation is incorrect

のこった and とった, grrr

Aquadon said:
GamerXYZ said:

You didn't really think I was serious, did you? XD

I'm almost willing to bet (big thing for one that dislikes it) that one of the Genesect blister promos will be the prerelease promo and the other one will go into our next set.

I'm sure this has been stated somewhere before on the forums, but that Cofagrigus isn't actually from EBB, if you look at the set symbol it's from BW8.
Edit: this isn't the right post, the one I'm referring to is the newer one with a Cofagrigus (obviously).

A lot of interesting cards.

Mewtwo: Bad. Why does psychostrike have to be so dog gone expensive? 4 energy and 2 discard for only 120? LAME! 5/10 (could be good in Gardevoir decks though)
Genesect 1: 130 for four grass energy. Not bad (though it would have been better if gia blaster only needed 3 energy like Keldeo's secret sword). 7/10
Genesect 2: Also playable. Solid attacks and good HP make this a decent choice for grass decks 7/10
Victini: Awful. Why use a psychic for CFF when you can use Emolga's colorless one to get 2? 2/10
Shaymin: Also bad. Weak attacks, low HP, ect ect. 2/10
Gyarados: It should be easy to get enough prizes taken for frenzy to deal a lot of damage. Could be especially deadly late game. 8/10
Cofagrigus: Reprint, but it's one of the more interesting cards to come out. 7/10
Natu: Weak, even by evolving basic standards. 2/10
Meloetta (P): Another reprint of an okayish card (beautiful artwork though) 5/10
Meloetta (F): Too flippy. 4/10
Spiritomb: Unique ability, but I don't see how it will impact the game much. 6/10 (like the shuffle and draw attack)
Bouffalant: Another reprint. Not a bad card, but it doesn't hit anything for weakness. 7/10

^I wonder why they didn't reprint the Dragons Exalted Bouffalant instead...

Edit:
I don't know if this set will still have shinies, but they could include it as a shiny... There is no Colorless Pokémon shiny card... nor Metal (NV Cobalion to complete the trio?)...

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpokemon.co.jp%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Ddkl%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&u=http://www.pokemon-card.com/products/bw/ebb.html&usg=ALkJrhjb_1Vdw1qtXxlmJt2J__-oUaP82w

They Released more card images. Just wanted to let you know

I think he means the EX's, though they have the same artwork as the originals (and not the English promo art), which is interesting.
Not sure if these are confirmed; they have the EBB logo though.

They need to add
Shiny Bouffalant DE
Shiny Samouratt BW
Shiny Coballion NV
Shiny Evolite NV

Also on TM Gold's website I think it says that Computer Search will get reprinted.

Back