(1) English X/Y Cards Revealed! [11/15]

Having the attacks name in Japanese text actually looks much better IMO. So glad they did this.

So instead huge letters covering half of the picture we have huge, incomprehensible letters covering half of the picture

I like it.Makes Mega Pokemon cards have there own thing that will help them be unique from all the regular EX Pokemon.

Oddly enough, the English version looks better than the Japanese version..

I may need to rethink my collecting goals.

Wowza, the Japanese text looks a million times better! However, like the Japanese versions, the M before the Name looks quite ugly and out of place.

Oh and I'm calling it now, Delphox and Greninja are gonna be in a good deal of rouge decks.

Yeah, the Japanese makes it look better but that doesn't mean it looks good. Thankfully I can pick up a single card of each Pokémon for my Pokédex Collection (no Megas, they aren't new Pokémon) and call it a day!

I must say I never expected the attack artwork to be in Japanese! That's actually pretty cool. I'm still not crazy for the attacks being written over the picture, but I like what they've done there. A clever idea, if you ask me. Now I know why the attack name was in English in the Japanese card! :p Maybe the TCG's trying to teach English players how to speak Japanese and vice versa!

I had a feeling they'd go the "text becomes Japanese" route when I saw the Japanese cards had the attacks in English. Still not a fan of the choice to plaster it over the artwork, and I agree with everydayspark's post.

Ugly Megas aside, the other cards look great. It's too bad the images are so small - I was hoping for higher resolution images like they'd put out for a few of the recent sets.

The fact that katakana generally has a lot of space in the characters really helps it stop looking as blocky as it does in English.

Too bad about no holo borders yet again.

I wish I could be the cool guy who has a different opinion than everyone else, but I gotta agree that the Japanese text looks better. It's still ugly, and really bizarre, but it's acceptable now.

Did I read Greninja wrong, or did the original Translation have it wrong? The card is definitely a lot better now; not having to waste an attachment on it. Along with Empoleon, a Kyurem deck would probably like this card.

I'm really glad my predictions on Evo Soda going through the Mega Evolution effect were wrong. It says in the ruling box "When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution Pokemon" which means Evo Soda won't work.

Also, something I thought I'd mention is that on the Pokemon website, it says there are 141 cards in the set. There's no way that's right. The third digit is almost definitely a 6, or maybe a 5 or an 8, but definitely not 1. I wish Pokemon put up better quality card scans.

Meh, the Japanese text doesn't really change it for me, I still think it doesn't flow with the card well. "Ruins the card" is a bit of a overreaction, the cards overall still look very good. I think people will eventually get use to it.

Despite the Japanese text (Which I actually like.... Sorta) I love M Blastoise-EX's art. Might make M-Blastoise/Blastoise/KeldeoStone for fun.

Four Arms said:
I wish I could be the cool guy who has a different opinion than everyone else, but I gotta agree that the Japanese text looks better. It's still ugly, and really bizarre, but it's acceptable now.

Did I read Greninja wrong, or did the original Translation have it wrong? The card is definitely a lot better now; not having to waste an attachment on it. Along with Empoleon, a Kyurem deck would probably like this card.

I'm really glad my predictions on Evo Soda going through the Mega Evolution effect were wrong. It says in the ruling box "When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution Pokemon" which means Evo Soda won't work.

Also, something I thought I'd mention is that on the Pokemon website, it says there are 141 cards in the set. There's no way that's right. The third digit is almost definitely a 6, or maybe a 5 or an 8, but definitely not 1. I wish Pokemon put up better quality card scans.

I would put money on it that there is 145 or 146

Just realized that there is only about 70 Pokémon this Gen, so does that mean we could get each Gen 6 Pokémon in this set? (Minus Zygarde)

Back