(1) 'Dragons Exalted' Scans! [7/26]

> Was expecting more dragons than that
> In it for the favs
> Favs are already in starter decks

Sorry TPCi, as much as I love dragons, I'll just stick to buying the starter decks because your canadian pre-release prices are too high to be fair at all.

Dragon Master Ryuuji said:
Sorry TPCi, as much as I love dragons, I'll just stick to buying the starter decks because your canadian pre-release prices are too high to be fair at all.

How much are they in Canada?

Interesting set, pretty good artwork on some of the cards, 128 cards in the set this is gonna be a pain in the neck for collectors XD

Only 4 T/S/S in this set is disapointing but Large Cloak and Resuce Scarf could see some play but the other 2 are average, also I think the new Gothitelle could have some potential if paired up with Fliptini and I know the new Hydregion saw play in Japan with Darkrai so that could be played alot

Overall great set :D

Mudkip711 said:
How much are they in Canada?

Last we had one it was $35 :'<

It's rather unfair because it seems to try meeting the price of all the packs >3>;; instead of pratically getting 2 free ones.

Last we had one it was $35 :'<

It's rather unfair because it seems to try meeting the price of all the packs >3>;; instead of pratically getting 2 free ones.
Ouch. Are TOs even allowed to do that? I'd be furious if any PR was more than $25.

Please tell me that the non-shiny Rayquaza is going to be in the set... Please? Oh wow. They better make the regular Rayquaza a promo.

Is it just me, or does the Mew EX look way light? Is that just how the English print of the card looks, or is there something wrong with the scan?

This is going to be a great set, can't wait for the prerelease.

I was kind of hoping for that Vileplume to be released for us a tad early...
I can't wait for 4x toolbox. Probably won't be too good, but I'd still run it.

I'm super excited for this set- so many cards i want! Can't wait for my prerelease next week. :)
I'm happy about the Altaria promo too, I love the art and since want to build Garchomp/Altaria it will be quite helpful. Other then that, this set is a really good one overall, and I'm happy about the cards in it.
Oh yeah, one more thing...

I'LL KILL YOU ALL FOR THAT RAYQUAZA. 0__0

Mudkip711 said:
Ouch. Are TOs even allowed to do that? I'd be furious if any PR was more than $25.

Packs here are $5 a piece so...I'm used to them being $35 |D;; never read press release stuff for it, I should grab that and bring it to them next pre-release and if he still insists on $35, I'd like to see what the parents bringing their children think when they're being told this =w=;;

Packs here are $5 a piece so...I'm used to them being $35 |D;; never read press release stuff for it, I should grab that and bring it to them next pre-release and if he still insists on $35, I'd like to see what the parents bringing their children think when they're being told this =w=;;

That sounds pretty cruddy to me... If I'm not mistaken, isn't the Canadian dollar worth slightly more than the USD?

EDIT: Just looked it up. The Canadian dollar hovered above the US dollar last year, but currently $1 Canadian dollar is $.9873 USD...

Vulpix Yolk said:
Please tell me that the non-shiny Rayquaza is going to be in the set... Please? Oh wow.

Is it just me, or does the Mew EX look way light? Is that just how the English print of the card looks, or is there something wrong with the scan?

It's not, don't worry.

I think it's just the scans. They all look really light.

EeveeLv99 said:
That sounds pretty cruddy to me... If I'm not mistaken, isn't the Canadian dollar worth slightly more than the USD?

EDIT: Just looked it up. The Canadian dollar hovered above the US dollar last year, but currently $1 Canadian dollar is $.9873 USD...
yeeeeaahhh, but the pack prices I understand, the Prerelease price however, still feels rather unfair. then again I'm not a fan of the TO who organizes it because I've had issues with them in the past (Printing off art they just find on google or Pixiv onto playmats and making a profit. )

You should probably file a support ticket on pokemon.com and ask them about it.

Saw that they changed the artwork of Magmortar for the English set and snapped up the Japanese copy immediately. :p

yeeeeaahhh, but the pack prices I understand, the Prerelease price however, still feels rather unfair. then again I'm not a fan of the TO who organizes it because I've had issues with them in the past (Printing off art they just find on google or Pixiv onto playmats and making a profit. )

I think I know who you are talking about...

And yes the $35 for PRs is ridiculous. I used to go to PRs that were $32 but now that particular TO raised the price to $35 as well. Oh well, I guess. I should go to Montreal where the PRs are $30. Or even the US for $25. Canadian prices for Pokemon in general are crazy...

Glad to see poeple agree with me about thimb print Rayquaza.

Why does it have to be only a Secret Rare?! I planned on using it, but now I don't know if I'll be able to get any! :(

I know this is a good set, but why so many bad Rares?

On the positive side, I'm happy to see we got the Ability Gabite! :D

Some of the Ability names and move names are really, really weird. Leave It to the Wind? (Jumpluff) Drainpour? (Beutifly) Soggy Rush? (Magikarp) Power Breath? (Deino #93) Smack 'n' Slap? (Slakoth)

TCPI!!! WHY U ONLY MAKE SECRET RARE RAYQUAZA????

Now that my rant is over, I'm stoked for the PR this Saturday! (I'm not stoked at how much I'm going to be donked at tournaments though... Stupid rayquaza >.< )

Rayquaza aside I do wish we got the extra BW-P promos of Pokemon that were included with this set. Ampharos, Aron, Trubbish, Braviary... probably won't get some of those now, which is disappointing to somebody who wants to see everything in English. :(

On the other hand this is probably the closest the English and Japanese sets have come to matching in a long time, if you're the kind of person who's into that happening.

That Rayquaza is gonna be so (insert your choice of expletive here) expensive.
Also did anyone else notice that there appear to be an absurd number of rare and holo cards (not counting secret rares). I counted 37, assuming that all the Japanese rare/holos left retain their status and assuming Claydol and Dustox get bumped up. (I'm 100% sure Dustox will be since Beautifly did). I know this is a big set but a grand total of 53 cards at a rarity of rare or above seems over the top to me...

Back