(1) 'Dragons Exalted' Scans! [7/26]

Rares breakdown by set:
BW: 29% rares
EP: 33% rares
NV: 31% rares
ND: 46% rares
DE: 39% rares
DragEx: 41% rares

At least y'all get to go to a prerelease, the nearest one to me is like 130 miles away. -___________- I think it's pretty stupid that if I want to go to a prerelease, I have to stay a night in a hotel. I hate where I live because TCPI ignores this area while other card games don't. /rant

Druddigon not being in this set just makes me more sad. ;_;

scuba steveE said:
At least y'all get to go to a prerelease, the nearest one to me is like 130 miles away. -___________- I think it's pretty stupid that if I want to go to a prerelease, I have to stay a night in a hotel. I hate where I live because TCPI ignores this area while other card games don't. /rant

Druddigon not being in this set just makes me more sad. ;_;

Same here... I'd pay $35 to not have to travel 4 hours for a prerelease.

Wow these scans are awesome but where is all the rares? I only saw about 5 of them I think. Usually we do rares uncommons and commons followed by Trainers energy cards and any ultra rares. Is that the way the set was numbered? If so why would they do it this way?:)

No. From BW-on they started doing it type and then Pokedex numbers.

EDIT: They started doing it this way because this is how Japan has done it since the TCG started. I guess it's for collectors.

xxashxx said:
Wow these scans are awesome but where is all the rares? I only saw about 5 of them I think. Usually we do rares uncommons and commons followed by Trainers energy cards and any ultra rares. Is that the way the set was numbered? If so why would they do it this way?:)

They changed the numbering of sets to match the Japanese ordering system back in Black and White. It's now by type, then Pokedex number.

EDIT: Ninja'd... By 9 minutes. Guess that's what happens when I do something else in the middle of posting a reply.

And yet another set who will be way too expensive for collectors like me :(
But the cards look great! But why would they have changed Magmortar?? I liked the Japanese version more!

xxashxx said:

I think you need glasses! :p I counted 28 including holos.

abv150 said:
And yet another set who will be way too expensive for collectors like me :(
But the cards look great! But why would they have changed Magmortar?? I liked the Japanese version more!

They changed Magmortar because it's pointing a gun/cannon at you, and thus encouraging weapon usage (according to them)
No regular Rayquaza (U NO COUNT SR)? :<

You guys have it lucky, in Australia Pre-releases cost $40. We'd love a $35 PR.

Lovin' this set. Garbodor is really interesting with the re-wording. I'd like to see him get some play, regardless of the fact he is the ugliest Pokemon and the most stupid Pokemon in the universe. -_- I'm really excited for this new set, and hopefully I can pull me a few Garchomp and Hydreigon. Yay for Dragon Call Gabite! :D

Blui129 said:
They changed Magmortar because it's pointing a gun/cannon at you, and thus encouraging weapon usage (according to them)

There are pre-releases in Australia??
Where??

At least you have prereleases. At my country the only place were are tournaments and sell pokemon tcg is in the capital. And if I'm not wrong there were no prereleas for dark explorers but the same but 3 days after the set came out. And if there are to be a prereleas, I would have to go 2 days by car

I suddenly feel very lucky at having pre-releases 30 miles down the road from me

this looks like a good set, lots of funny names. For reference, they called hydreigon's ability 'trance' instead of trans because of dark dragonite from Rocket.

and shiny rayquaza? will this card be expensive?

it's still got limited playability, but catcher had the benefit of an uncommon print first to keep prices down...

omg everyone will want the shiny rayquaza!! I still dont even have the one from CoL... :/ I think that card is gonna be expensive... oh well I just really want Garchomps and FA Mew. This entire set looks super-awesome though!!! Loving these dragon types. Cant wait for other future dragon type cards.

Rayquaza EX might be hard to play in a 40-card deck, but i think could still be useful. If you get assorted dragon pulls it might be hard to do with all the different energies needed fo the attacks.

Dear Pokemon Company,

Shiny Rayquaza only Rayquaza is dumb. I don't like you.

The end.

And all the Gabites, Hydreigons, and anything else worth playing are ALREADY sold out on T&T. I'm not even going to bother pre-ordering now. If things skyrocket in price I guess I just don't play for another few months.

Rayquaza is already up to $50 on T&T. I was hoping to watch the site like a hawk after WPM put up the scans so I could get a reasonable pre-order price but of course they added all of the DRX cards up for pre-orders while I was asleep. -_-

Blui129 said:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/9/9b/MagmortarCallLegends16.jpg
That's why it's confusing.

Back