(1) CoroCoro Leaking [8/7]

The main post says Mega Altaria gets an attack boost but in Japanese the picture says that Mega Altaria's attack AND special attack both shoot up, so don't overlook that! It also mentions that its appearance gets more showy XD.

I guess I should do it, everyone else is...How I first reacted to the megas/other stuff

M-Altaria: I was kinda shocked. It slipped my mind altaria could get a mega evolution in ORAS (It makes sense). It looks fluffy, but fun to use.

M-Lopunny: It looks...normal when you compare it to every other mega pokemon

M-salamence: All my yes. ALL MY YES. Been waiting for this mega forever <3 It looks not at all how I imagined, but you dont bite the hand that feeds you.

Contest moves+stuff: Never cared for contests. Meh.

Shiny beldum event: I hate this with a passion. Its like they are giving shinies away like candy. In my pokemon X, I encountered 8 shinies in the wild, no shiny charm, no masuda method, no fishing chain. Shinies don't have the value as they did before. Also sucks you cant get metanite (hee hee) in the game, only via event like Blazikenite (Assuming its a wifi event)

The Megas look good, although Mega Lopunny is kind of meh. However, I do like that it gets Scrappy since it becomes Normal/Fighting upon Mega Evolution.

The whole moves thing with the Pikachu costumes sounds a lot like Rotom and it's appliance-changing forms, so it should be interesting to use them in battle.

Mega Altaria: Nailed it with the outcome, but I wasn't expecting it to get Pixilate. I look forward to spamming those Fairy-converted Hyper Voices against Hydreigon and getting past most Substitute users.

Mega Salamence: I knew this would happen. Aerilate will be really awesome, especially now that it will have more diverse Flying moves to abuse, even though they'll just be Normal Type attacks, but converted for airstrikes! It looks like our beloved Bagon did take inspiration from Rayquaza after all. Good for him/her!

Mega Lopunny: If Diancie, a Pokémon not found in Hoenn, got a Mega, why shouldn't a Pokémon from Sinnoh get one as well? Scrappy will pose a problem to Gengar, Sableye and Aegislash, provided the latter doesn't use King's Shield against you. I think Game Freak did a good job making another waifu from the fandom a butt-kicking wabbit.

The Pikachu Cosplays are becoming more like they'll be awesome ideas after all.

This scoop is good enough, now that our favourite Dragons get a more beneficial Ability for themselves.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Isn't it weird that the new Contest character has an Altaria instead of Milotic. I know this last one represents Beauty but it's also the most associated Pokémon when talking about Contests....Does this mean Wallace might have a Mega-Milotic!? Just saying...

Nah, they're savin Mega Milotic for Wallaces champ battle in Delta Emerald BA DUM TSSSS

huehuehue

His Goominess said:
Stefernal said:
Can someone help me out, I REALLY dont see Sali's other pair of legs.

http://imgur.com/ED9fxoh

Thanks dude I see it now, I was looking at it wrong I didn't realize the arm was facing forward. I thought it was the shoulder muscle of the big arm haha

Wow. wowowowowow

All of these Megas just look so cool to me. Altaria is like one giant cloud cottonball that gives no fs, Lopunny is way more sporty/fighty and fits the new typing, and Salamence, well. He's just even cooler than he was before (and he was pretty darn neat). The wing is so smooth and sleek, I could just see it chopping other Pokemon's heads off clean in two. And Smogon could see that too and probably put it in Ubers because that's nothing to mess around with. Not to mention the very good competitive Abilities (and typing changes for Altaria and Lopunny) and you have some very interesting Megas IMO. I definitely was not expecting Lopunny to get one but I just love the direction they went with it instead of the path they went with Gardevoir. And shiny Mega Metagross looks very nice as well.

dmaster out.

Mega altaria looks like it's wearing a hat and bandanna. If there is a fourth mega, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for mega dragonite

Reggie McGigas said:
I don't really like the designs for any of these Pokémon. Especially the no-handed Salamance! The fact that they picked pretty much a filler Pokemon to have a mega (Lopunny) is really dumb IMO. It's also suprising that we only got 3 mega when it said in the last CoCo that they were revealing a lot of megas this edition.
There's at least one more mega pokémon, but nobody knows what it is yet.

Pikachu6319 said:
Um, we're forgetting something. Where is our Mega Flygon people? It makes sense since Salamence got one.

Our first Dragon/Fairy (as Mega Sceptile is our first Grass/Dragon). Interesting, interesting...so much for the double ice weakness but that might be a good thing. And Pixelate as the ability, that will be great for the user bad for the opponent.

I'm actually glad that Lopunny gets a Mega that adds fighting. Lopunny just became a bit more useful. Pokemon like Raticate and, Furrett and even Ambipom are totally going jealous right now.

I think Mega Salamence could be worse looking, but it could be better too, though props on the Aerilate .

Too bad those special contest moves for Pikachu don't translate into battle. That would be awesome. Never got into contests personally.

Raticate Furret and Ambipom are getting jealous right now. I can see that as a meme

The fourth Mega is supposed to be Drapion. The leaker supposedly confirmed it but was unable to post more scans since everybody found his twitter.

grassdragon said:
The fourth Mega is supposed to be Drapion. The leaker supposedly confirmed it but was unable to post more scans since everybody found his twitter.

Plot twist of the century.

I Forgot I haven't posted my opinions on all of these yet. I'll be doing that once the fourth mega is introduced.

grassdragon said:

Proof?!?!?!

I really really REALLY hope this is real. I've always liked Drapion and have high hopes for its supposed Mega.

grassdragon said:

If that's true: WTF?! ANOTHER GEN IV MEGA?! DAFAQ ARE NEW GEN IV MEGAS DOING IN MY PRECIOUS HOENN REMAKES?! T-T

grassdragon said:

Oh my god please be true!! Another gen 4 mega completely out of left field!? This is so awesome.
(But GameFreak please don't forget to give Walrein a mega! :c)

Poo, I want to see Wallace. Ah well.

Back on topic;

Altaria-Fluffy chicken? Pass!

Lopunny- I admit, I totally forgot about the fourth generation Pokemon ^_^ Pass!

Salamence- what is this? I don't even---(at least it's better than "paper wing" Salamence.)

God I love mega Altaria. It's an entire cloud bank with a bird at the front.

Mega Lopunny creeps me out less than the original Lopunny, so that's something. I like that it goes normal/fighting. And mega Salamence, well... if nothing else, no one can say they're not making bold design decisions with these megas. Did NOT expect a Salamence mega to come out shaped like a crescent moon.

My only complaint: am I the only one already getting bored of Pixellate/Aerilate? Like, obviously you put normal attacks on those pokemon and reap the insane 30% boost PLUS stab on them. It's almost like there's no other way to play it? I'll stop short of calling it overpowered, but all the pokemon with these abilities feel kind of same-y.

grassdragon said:

Hold on, Drapion?
Yes. Pls. I've got a shiny and competitive Drapion I'm using right now.

Back