(1) Clear Scans of July's 'CoroCoro' Magazine [7/13]

Dizzard said:
One last thing....

If you can get old pokemon through a dream world...could that mean that old pokemon don't actually exist in the world Isshu is in? :eek: and that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh don't exist in it either and the old pokemon and regions are just make believe?

That'd be a little twisted, maybe they'll interject alternate realities (like sort of how black and White will have the same cities but will look different) and alternate universes and to us in b/w those are dreams as as we are to them sort of that anime I saw called "Noein: To Your Other Self."

They already did alternate dimentions in the games.

18 pages of Black and White news? O_O This is must be a record...at the rate this is going, imagine how much will be in next month's CoroCoro.

Anyway, there is too much to comment on in one post, so I might make another later on.

I like the idea of having three rivals...it was one of my wishes for this generation. I could see some interesting stories stemming from the idea of a "threesome" (i.e you, Cheren, and Bell), and I think a triple battle with you, Cheren, and Bell will happen against the evil team at some point. Speaking of the evil team, as Pokequaza said, I hope N is not the leader of the evil team. The more good NPCs, the better. Two "villains" (assuming N is one) would be pretty neat, and I would like to see how GF works out the story. Most of the rumors with the "Team Plasma" group have been proven true thus far, so I'm not terribly concerned about N being the only villain. It seems that the characters also have a bit more depth to them than in previous generations, which is nothing to complain about.

The version-"exclusive" cities also seem to fuel the idea of a technology vs. nature theme. While one version of the city looks super-modern, the other looks like a much primitive and older. Since Black City is in Black and White Forest is in White, here is how I think a "technology vs. nature" story might play out:

In Black version, Team Plasma is trying to "get rid" of nature, and replace it with technological things. At some point in the story, Reshiram will appear to stop the destruction of nature, possibly in Black City. At this point, you would have the option to catch it.

In White version, Team Plasma is trying to "get rid" of technology, and replace it with natural things. At some point in the story, Zekrom would appear to stop the destruction of technology, possibly in White Forest. At this point, you have the option to catch it.

My whole basis on this is that Reshiram seems to represent nature, while Zekrom represents technology. These version-exclusive cities also seem to suggest some kind of change of nature and technology between the versions.

Another idea for the plot is that N is the main villain, trying to implement his ideals. Since Reshiram and Zekrom as a duo represent Yin-Yang, (i.e a balance) one of the them would appear to try and stop his separation of Pokemon and people. This also explains the titles Black and White. N is trying to make a "Black and White" world in a world full of gray.

These two stories could also be used together. What if...

Pokemon = Nature
People = Technology?

If this was true, then the two plots could easily mix together. I think this could be pretty cool if both plots...we would finally get a good story, or at least one better than most generations. (Looking at GSC and RS here, mostly...both plots were easily laughable, while RBY and DPt weren't all that bad) And btw, we all know how N is trying to separate Pokemon from people.....I wonder if at some point N would rob your Pokemon, to fulfill his ideal world? I certainly hope so. ;]

(To think I only commented on about 4 pages of the CoroCoro...)

Cronus-TimeWave said:
Nice stuff we got there. I hope Gochiruzeru is Pokemon White since that's version I'm going to get. You know, at first I do not like the idea/concept 3vs3 battles, but now it's sounding much more interesting and tactical. I approve <3

Morshu approves too.

Grrrr. :( I want both Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu, so I'm upset that they're version exclusives...I'm going to be trading with my friends ASAP because I really want them both! XO

I love the rivals' back stories. and I like the fact that all of the pokemon get to be taken. I always felt sorry for the one that was left behind XD

Dizzard said:
So if we can visit other peoples games (let's just say Rankurusu is exclusive to white and Gochirusu is exclusive to black) ....does that mean that say I have Pokemon White and I visit someones Pokemon Black Game. Will I be able to catch pokemon there? Such as Gochirusu and bring it back with me?

Will I be able to visit Black City in his game? (and maybe catch Zekrom?)

Or will it be a case of being restricted to certain areas...

So many questions and no answers. :(
I hope that but probably that will not happen.We can visit other people games without interfering in the storyline because its not possible that you battle and catch Reshiram or Zekrom in my place.

Okay, so, I did say in the past that I hated triple battles and all that, but now, I'm loving it! Love the idea that the far left Pokemon can't hit the far right Pokemon or other way around. Also like the move option. ^^
Totally getting the version that has Rankurusu in it. :D

LuxTwo said:
the Evil Team should be Team Evil
Actually, I think it was confirmed that the evil team will be named
"Team Plasma".

Gah, the GTS has been confirmed to be in this game. Look at page 9. You'll see the letters "GTS" clearly written across the thing that says that Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu are version exclusives.

Goldtyphlosion101 said:
wonder if magikarps are world wide if there not and i don't see a magikarp in isshu i will be deeply sad

That and mudkip. It would be odd to not see any magikarp.

i have a small feeling that rankurusu is going to be OU for shure if its stats are as good as its ability
(or if its ability turns out to be that not just that its safe from hail and sandstrom but the whole team then it could be uber)

lovebunny713 said:
I love the rivals' back stories. and I like the fact that all of the pokemon get to be taken. I always felt sorry for the one that was left behind XD

It also happened in DPPt that all the Pokemon is taken. Dawn, Lucas and Barry gets one :3

Anyone think you and your childhood friends are going to be in a triple battle to save the world? Im doing a move that hist everyone.....

I love the whole idea of the World of Dreams and how you need to get a specific Pokemon to get it. If only the Pokemon you needed didn't look so wierd, IMO.

I see here two paths Nintendo will take with the kanji thing (if wpm is correct about the dialogue being changed.) Either they will just use one (more than likely the one for younger players), or they will break it up over two versions (which would probably make one decisively better and no one with abrain would play the other.) But Nintendo's lazy so we will probably see the former.

I had an interesting idea about the thrashed room, I'm definitely wrong but....

In Pokemon White you're a good upstanding young trainer who has high hygiene standards and respect for the home and your bedroom. So as a result in Pokemon White your room is as tidy as could be.

In Pokemon Black you're an unruly good for nothing slob of a trainer who feels comfortable living among mounds of dirt and toppled over tv screens. So as a result in Pokemon Black your room is a pig sty.

:p

on page 16 of corocoro it looks like the fire-type starter doesn't have any friends in its dream...LOL

Back