(1) Celebi Distribution at Gamestop in February? [12/30]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: (1) Celebi Distrubution at Gamestop in February? [12/30]

About time we got word on Celebi! I was expecting it to be on the same distribution cart along with the beasts! Just like Shaymin and Reggigas were on the same cart, and Pikachu colored Pichu and Jirachi were both on the same cart. So I was expecting the details for Celebi to be revealed soon. Especially since Shiny Raikou begins on Monday.
I agree with Xous. Despite it being winter, Hopefully we can get some nice weather on the day of the events and Black and White's release too, so I will have no problem riding my Bike to Gamestop. That will make a total of 5 trips to gamestop and 1 trip to Toys"R"US for Ash's Pikachu. But instead of going on January 30th, I am going to just Wait until January 31st when Suicune is available, to get Ash's Pikachu. Then that will be getting two event Pokemon in 1 trip, since my Gamestop and Toys"R"US are practically across the street from each other, that will still be only 5 trips for me all together.

How exciting! Man, they sure have gotten that marketing down for these games, LOL. Genius.
I doubt I'll even be able to get down to my local Gamestop three times in one month for the shiny beasts- it'll probably take a miracle for me to get ahold of Celebi, too xD

Man I can't wait for all 4 events. Is Best Wishes sort of like Pokemon Chronicles in a way since there is only about 10 episodes right now? If so that would be cool to watch XD.:)

Finally, Can't wait to get Celebi but I wish they could use the same GS Ball idea that was intended to be in the original Gold and Sliver. But they replaced that idea with the Giovanni battle.

I'm definitely getting this Celebi and I do think Best Wishes will premiere on the 4th for some reason...

p.s.
Water Pokémon Master said:
Celebi Distrubution at Gamestop in February?
:p

Finally, a Celebii event! I have 2 gamestops in my area within a 5-10 minute range!

Time for a few clever statements to brighten the mood.
It is at Level 50, is holding a Jacoba Berry, and knows Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, and Healing Wish. For the American release, its OT is "GAMESTOP" and its Trainer ID is 02271, referencing its probable February 27th, 2011 download date.
I was under the impression that it was called "Jaboca Berry" and that trainer OTs couldn't be more than 7 letters. Or you can ignore this; I'm just being smarmy right here =D
Children will potentially be dragging their parents to the stores four to five times - once for Raikou (Jan. 3-9), once for Entei (Jan. 17-23), once for Suicune (Jan. 31-Feb. 6), and once for Celebi (Feb. 27-Mar. 5?). Somewhere in that time parents will probably just decide to pre-order the games at Gamestop since they've been there several times already, meaning Gamestop will probably be rolling in the dough! If the Celebi event lasts in to the release of Black and White, it will be like killing two birds with one stone: let your kids download Celebi AND pick up or buy Black and White. Marketing! If the Celebi download ends the day before, you've pre-ordered the games from them, and you have been to all of the download events, that's a fifth time you have to go back to the store!
You just explained marketing in a nutshell. Genius.
Now that Celebi's download is out of the way, what else could the Friday, March 4th date on the TPCi holiday card be? The premiere of Best Wishes on Cartoon Network? The European release date of Black and White? The date for States tournaments? Something else?
I doubt it's States because during States last year, HGSS1 had been released already. I don't think States this year will come before BW1's release either. More likely than not it is something BW related - either a new BW movie English release date (Ruler of Illusions Zoroark, if that isn't already out), or the European BW release date. I doubt Best Wishes will be released until after the games are out.

SPECULATION GO

Nice. I've wanted one ever since the original Gold/Silver days. Celebi was always the elusive Pokemon that I and many of my 10 year old peers suspected was merely a myth.

im pretty sure what Nintendo has planned for march 4th. its either 1.)the release of the black and white tcg, the giveaway of goons scizor, or the giveaway of the liberty island ticket.

@PokeDan23: Link for the Canadian distribution.
French games have only recently become mainstream with HGSS, but the event is for English games only.

For March 4th, I doubt Black and White will be released in Europe before North America.
@Death Bringer
How are supposed to download liberty ticket on March 4th, When Black and White won't be released in North America until March 6th?
It's a 90% chance Best Wishes premiere in America.

^^Or it could be something else no one would have thought of. Say, Goons Scizor. I sure hope i can get to gamestop that many times.

about freakin time we get the Shiny 3 dogs trio AND time traveling celebi ^ _^. and im not shocked that there's going to be EXTREME marking for Pokemon B/W for the next 3 months...its like business 101 POKEMON WILL ALWAYS SELL...

@Death Bringer
It's ok. Don't worry. Everyone makes mistakes.
I do think liberty ticket will be distributed soon after Black and White come out. TPCi/Nintendo will probably wait for Black and White to be released in Europe and Australia before they give liberty ticket. However, they could do two distributions for liberty ticket, One for North America, then another for Europe and Australia. Then I could be wrong. Just throwing that last one out there.

JUST throwing it out there.

Wasn't the 3DS slated for a March release for the US?

Also, hurray! 15 Shiny beasts, 5 Celebi, and 5 Pikachu!...

Its gonna be weird going into GameStop so many times. Good thing I'll be going with a group.

@GreenAiden i was also thinking that too, it could be possible.

has there ever been a european release before the american release?

Having an American, then a European+Australian event is a moot point.
All english-speaking regions use the same carts, just with different labeling. Euro releases are normally within a week or two from the US, and Secret Key came out at a time where everyone could get it.

States is going to be March 12th and 19th (I believe), so the March 4th date can't be referring to those...

And wow, another event. We knew there would be a Celebi Event, but it's so close to the four other Pokemon given out. :eek: I can't wait to get all these Pokemon and then B/W.

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back