(1) Bye-Bye Japanese Cards! [4/3]

You can use any language at worlds. Read the official post on Go-Pokémon.com (it's linked to in the news article on the main page) for all the info you'll ever need.

some one should make a petition on the RARITY OF POKEMON IN THE ENGLISH SETS. I hope so as this will definitly make up for this.

Personally, I didn't even know Japanese cards were legal in legal play :/ .

ight, this is my last season of playing. POP says, "be rich or jump off a cliff and never come back! BWA HA HA HA HA!!!"

lolno.

I came 4th in a cities only spending 14 dollars.

That's not rich.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
You can use any language at worlds. Read the official post on Go-Pokémon.com (it's linked to in the news article on the main page) for all the info you'll ever need.

Apparently not anymore..

In Special Premier Events that encompass multiple countries, the Last Chance Qualifier, and the World Championships, players are permitted to use cards in any language listed for their home market during these events, regardless of where the event is held. Players from markets where a language is not listed under their country of residence are not permitted to use those cards.For example, a Canadian player may use English or French cards in the World Championships, but may not use German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish cards.

There goes all 15 of my next tourny season crushing decks, 39 of my decks that I was planning to convert, and almost all of my original Jap. cards + the current ones.
PUSA, if you can't last the recession, don't take it out on all of your loyal players!!!!!! Why not just release the Jap. and English cards at the same time, combine with the Jap. Pokemon company.
Goodbye to my hopes of playing a deck with TSD's at a reasonable price.

To all POP members-
Bombard PUSA with complaints, stop the madness!!!

Well, I'm not a player of the TCG (of course, always just a collector) but I realize this is a harsh move. Honestly, I think this is a stupid move, though their points for doing this may be valid. But despite the validity of their reasons, this is going to hurt nearly everyone - here's to hoping it doesn't cause too much harm to the players.

I'm sorry if i'm being blind here but how will this put more money in PUSA's pocket if my understandings right then won't the profit go to the secondary market i.e. eBay, Troll and Toad, and basically any store that sells singles, this isn't going to turn oput like yugi's unless we agree to pay high second market prices if we don't pay through the nose then they'll have to drop prices to make sales

This is just harsh. :[

How long have you been able to use other languages? A long time. How many problems have there been? Not many. Why now PUSA, why?

For one thing Japanese cards should not be allowed here. We are not Japan or a country with Japanese people living there. I am glad they are getting rid of Japanese cards. For 2 reasons. 1. No one here mostly including me can read Japanese and 2. they are not the same ones all the time when the sets are released here. We never have the exact same sets they have here but we do get some but not all of their set cards. I am glad they FINALLY got rid of the Japanese cards. I bet everyone who wanted them gone is happy now. It is pointless to have Japanese card here in the U.S.A. when 90% of us speak English anyway. It is not that big of deal. Don't worry guys. Sure the prices will go up but not that much.:)

xxashxx said:
For one thing Japanese cards should not be allowed here. We are not Japan or a country with Japanese people living there. I am glad they are getting rid of Japanese cards. For 2 reasons. No one here mostly including me can read Japanese and 2 they are not the same ones all the time when the sets are released here. We never have the exact same sets they have here but we do get some but not all of their set cards. I am glad they FINALLY got rid of the Japanese cards. I bet everyone who wanted them gone is happy now.

Sorry, but I don't like people like you who oppose this. Just because you don't know how to read Japanese you don't like it despite the fact that you should know what the card does and there is a translation there if you don't. If you're not sure what a card does, don't you ask to see the card either way? And as far as the purchasing is concerned, people buy the boxes in Japan because it's a better value for their money. And in a worsening economy, isn't that better? And the set difference should have nothing to do with this.

Oh ok. It was just my opinion though. Sorry.:)

Yeah, I already commented on this. I actually want non-English cards banned at leagues. At least at Events, you HAVE to have the translations, or they won't let you play them. I'm fine with those, I've always been a little annoyed, looking at them, and they are cheaper than English cards, but I don't really mind. It's at league that they don't bring translations, because it's not mandatory. >__> I've collected English cards ever since Base Set, this just reinforces the mindset that I will never buy or trade for Japanese cards, as I have no use for them.

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
Yeah, I already commented on this. I actually want non-English cards banned at leagues. At least at Events, you HAVE to have the translations, or they won't let you play them. I'm fine with those, I've always been a little annoyed, looking at them, and they are cheaper than English cards, but I don't really mind. It's at league that they don't bring translations, because it's not mandatory. >__> I've collected English cards ever since Base Set, this just reinforces the mindset that I will never buy or trade for Japanese cards, as I have no use for them.

dmaster out.

I agree with you. Short sweet and to the point.:)

Personally, I like this. People who can import japanese cards have a huge advantage over those that cannot, since said cards are much cheaper and are much easier to get. Those like me who couldn't get them were forced to test our luck in boosters, and get crappy cards in the process. So, I think this is a good change. Of course, card prices will go up, but I can only buy english cards anyway, and here in Brazil it's hard to find japanese cards to sell, so it won't affect me. :p

Also, if PUSA decides to make cards more accessible like japanese cards are, then it will be good for us.

Won't affect you? Right, some people don't use Japanese cards. But the only event I used a japanese card was my last CC and back during States. Still, I'm raging with this rule.

It's just weird.

I'm worried about this... I'm not a player but if the prices of the english cards skyrocket, I won't be able to collect either...

The point is that,
The vast majority (if not all) of the Pokemon Cards ever made were originally made/illustrated/engineered/etc'ed in Japan.
The Japanese Pokemon cards are the originals...whereas cards of other languages (including English) released later are mere translated adaptions for each region...

The unjust part about this new change in policy is that they are trying to make English cards the 'standard' if you will, for most OP countries, rather than the Japanese originals... (Even for an OP region like Hong Kong, where it makes more sense in everyway to have Japanese cards as the first (or only) official TCG language rather than English)

It doesn't even make sense to say that it was the Japanese cards that are 'cheaper', since they come before cards of any other language (if at all, it's the English ones being more expensive)

Nonetheless I don't believe the intend of this thread was to have us arguing against one another. Afterall, anyone playing/collecting or otherwise involved on the consumer perspective of this game are negatively affected by this change in one way or another.

Back