(1) Bye-Bye Japanese Cards! [4/3]

Wow, good thing I traded my Japanese Lv. X's. A big let-down, but I can't say this was a surprise.

Water Pokemon Master, will you kindly merge my topic about banning of foreign cards under General Discussion into this topic?

Everybody sign teh petitions for the removal of this ban! Nao. K? k.

But, yeah, it ticks me off because they're trying to get more money. >.<

Great, now PUSA has become a bunch of greedy... ARG!!! Slowing down games my $&&! Last time I went to a tournament everything was fine with translations!!!

First Set Rotations, NOW THIS?! Yeah! Somebody start a petition for this! I'll sign it definitely!

Good thing I remained an English-only collector since the 90s :p

Ok PUSA. Now make it as easy to get english Lv Xs as it is to get Japanese ones!

I tend to agree with this ruling.. I've had many situations where the Japanese cards have caused unnecessary trouble with the flow of the game (With time limits, this is a big issue.). Though I'm still displeased with how much rares cost here, as opposed to Japan especially. I think PUSA needs to put that into consideration, and try to release more pre-cons like the Japanese have.

I dont see what the big issue is with Jpn cards is... i had a few in my states deck. They say it slows down the game? how so? whats the difference between reading a card and reading a translation with the EXACT same text as the card? I dont believe that u read any Faster on one piece of paper (card) then the other (Card Dex) but all i can say is this card game keeps getting more expensive jap X's were easy to obtain but english ones are at extremely high prices, witch with a falling economy will hurt card sales... and just a side thought... what happens to people like lets say live on the border of 2 countrys so they go 20 miles and have to have a whole nother deck of a different language just to play??? i find that odd... : /
in conclusion POP still has 5 months to change this and i sure hope they do it will be best for the players and the game
Second Side note ( If league is More casual why is it banned in tourneys and not league) i can see banned in league as more acceptible but for such a big card game i think it should be universal no matter the language i think pokemon cards are pokemon cards wether you are in New York or Hong Kong

Foregin cards slow the game down? I do not understand how that can happen? For experienced palyers going to Premier events, I would suspect that you would have known what the card does. For cards that you are not familiar with, you would spend the time either reading their card (if in English) or read their card dex print out which means the game will be slowed down somewhat regardless. So what is the difference?

I buy a lot of Japanese Pokemon cards and play with them. Let me give you a fresh example as to why I agree that this is all about $$. If you check eBay, you will see that Uxie (LA) is around US$20, but if you are careful enough, you can find a Japanese Uxie (DP5) for about US$6. IF you are like me running 3-1 in decks, Uxie alone makes a US$42 difference.

You may say that is just eBay pricing, Ok fine, let me talk about distribution (odds). Let me use Uxie again, I can tell you that in a Japanese DP5 box of 20 Packs (11 cards each pack), there will be avg. 2 Uxies. Most of you may already know that in a LA box of 36 packs (10 cards each pack), it avg. 1 Uxie. You can do the math yourself.

In conclusion, I disagree with the reasoning that POP base their decision on.

Hooray!!! Not for the banning of japanese cards, but that I didn't just buy 4 boxes of japanese cards. I was going to order them online today, but decided to wait till monday. So glad I waited. The only thing that sucks is half the sets that were recently released I bought mostly in japanese so now over half my cards are not legal for next season. So now I have to buy even more boxes. I'm not happy with this decision.

If they had decided to make this ban so that it went onto effect in 2 seasons, after all the cards I already have would be rotated anyway then I wouldn't mind so much, but this seems just stupid. In most high level events I only need to show translations for just a few cards during the entire event.

I have tried to save money by buying the japanese cards and some english ones, but now I just won't be buying any because I can't afford to buy the same amount of cards in english. So unless they change their mind I think I'm done. I'll build decks for the rest of the season with the cards I have but as of now I'm looking for a new game to play.

If they would have given fair warning about this I would not have been mad, but its that half my cards are now useless before they should even be rotated.

Judges need to stop being lazy, and people like 'Pop and BDS need to stop giving garbage excuses.

In fact I'm quitting if they do not give me a clear explanation or change the ruling, I will not play a game that is run by greedy people who couldn't give a **** about there players.

Zierant said:
So is it safe to say that Japanese card prices will drop in this country?

The better question would be- "Would Uxie cost $50 dollars?"
~and I'll give you 3 guesses on the answer, and the first two don't count.

Clear said:
Zierant said:
So is it safe to say that Japanese card prices will drop in this country?

The better question would be- "Would Uxie cost $50 dollars?"
~and I'll give you 3 guesses on the answer, and the first two don't count.
Shoot, sucks, I traded my Uxie LA a bit after the LA release...

Water Pokémon Master said:
Set rotations have always been in existence.

when did they start?

I know they had them in the EX age, but I don't remeber them having it in the Neo Age...

STUPID!!!
My complet japanese deck in transparent sleeves with the foil references is worth...nothing now =(

Soul Seeker said:
STUPID!!!
My complet japanese deck in transparent sleeves with the foil references is worth...nothing now =(

well, atleast nothing in america,,, If I'm playing next season I'm gonna hafta get a set of 3-4 googleanes... and maybe a Rainbow Energy! **** Even Wizards allowed japanese cards! WHAT THE HELL!!!

Back