(1) Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's Typings! [3/29]

Chimecho3000 said:
But they will receive STAB cause they are Ice type moves.
Oh, right! I kept thinking Freeze Shock was an Electric move and Cold Burn was Fire type. I got confused. You're totally right; my mistake.

Spammy said:
It isn't just Kyurem, though, it is a fusion of Kyurem and either Reshiram or Zekrom, so it makes sense that something would change.
Kyurem seems to be the dominant part in this fusion form, just because they are named Black/White Kyurem. They do not look like complete jogress forms to me. That the weight also remains the same somehow supports this assumption.

Spammy said:
It isn't just Kyurem, though, it is a fusion of Kyurem and either Reshiram or Zekrom, so it makes sense that something would change.

Wrong. It's still just Kyurem, but it has absorbed energy from Reshiram/Zekrom. There's no "fusion" (at least not any that has been confirmed). And absorbing energy isn't really enough to warrant a type change.

Anyways, glad to see they're still Ice/Dragon. Wouldn't want it any other way.

LDStarling said:
Does anyone else think that the artwork on these cases will be the in-game sprites for Black/White Kyurem?
Given how that artwork is drawn very similar to the Dream World-style artwork for Pokemon...No, no I do not.

I thought so. Changing the typings wouldn't make much sense at all, since they can't get rid of Dragon (it's the Tao Trio's main type and is refereced multiple times) and Ice is obvious because they are covered in ice. So yeah, good choice nintendo.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Weren't we expecting a cooler type combination?

Couldn't resist. :x

I don't care about the typing, it's logical in a way.

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

But realistically, retaining Dragon/Ice does make sense. First off, it's still a Dragon through and through, so it needs to retain that. After that you can go /Fire or /Electric based on the forms, but that just makes them lame Resh/Zek clones (and trust me we don't need any more of those horrible things), so it's left as /Ice because it still gets nifty STABs.

FireMeowth is right. This is no fusion. The movie summary specifically states Kyurem has the DNA of Reshiram and Zekrom, not that they fuse together... This isn't Digimon...

I like those cases. I'd probably get one if I actually took my 3DS anywhere with me, but it's always in the charging cradle when not in use. There's not enough people in my small town with them to get many StreetPasses. :(

The typing staying the same doesn't surprise me at all. It is still Kyurem in the end. But who knows, maybe the formes can alternate between types when they use certain attacks or hold a certain item.

I would've been really suprised if they were ice/fire and ice/electric. There is no way they would get rid of the dragon type, since thats their primary type and they have always been called the legendary dragons.

Videoland said:
I would've been really suprised if they were ice/fire and ice/electric. There is no way they would get rid of the dragon type, since thats their primary type and they have always been called the legendary dragons.

Charizard and Gyarados say hi.

What a massive disappointment.
Vague post is vague, but it sums it all up in a nutshell.
It doesn't matter that "THEY'RE TEH LEGENDARY DRAGONS HUUURRRRR". It just makes sense for them to be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric. We've had a few dragons that weren't Dragon-type (primarily Charizard and Gyarados), so why couldn't these be...not dragons?

Given how the whole point of the Dragonite line was to be the only Dragon-type line in Generation One, can you people please stop citing Charizard and Gyarados as examples?

Charizard is a giant fire-breathing flying monster. I think that qualifies as a dragon.

Gyarados is based off a legend that karp that jumped over a bridge became dragons.

Charizard and Gyarados are dragons. They aren't Dragon-type, but they are dragons.

Eh, I guess so. Maybe it's mostly that Pokemon can't have 3 types or something, I don't know. I wouldn't have liked Ice/Fire; it would die to Stealth Rock. Ice/Electric would be fun, though.

Awww... I was kinda hoping that they would be Ice+Fire/Electric. OH WELL. Dragons rock anyways. X3

But what if Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's Ability was Turboblaze/Teravolt? Anyone? Could be a possibility, right? 0.O

TCG cards:

Water type with Fire type attacks

Water type with Electric attacks.

Real smart >_>

Zorua said:
TCG cards:

Real smart >_>

It's not like they haven't done something similar before...

51-shuckle.jpg

(It even uses Energy cards of the type it's weak against!)

Zorua said:
TCG cards:

Real smart >_>

I was thinking more dragon types that use water and fire/water and electric energy, respectively. Ni makes sense for them to make these guys dragon types in the TCG, since regular Kyurem was a water type already. Not to mention that they will most likely be featured along Keldeo, who is water type, as EX pokemon in a set or two. That would be too many beastly water EX's in one set.

Plus Dragons are sexy. ;)

Makes sense though making it a pure Dragon would not hurt but at the cost losing stab to Ice.

Ice/Fire: 4x rock
2x water
2x ground
2x fighting
Resists: 4x Ice
2x Fire
2x Grass
2x Bug
One of the worst typings with Stealth Rock and moves like Earthquake out there.

Back