(1) 'Black' and 'White' Prerelease Leaks! [9/16]

Grass/Posion? Check.
Bug/Posion? Check.
Water/Rock fossil? Check
Rock/Flying fossil? Check
Pure Poison line of 2? Check
2 Counterpart Fighters? Check
Pure Normal-type that has a uncanny resemblance to a certain bull? Check.
3 Normal/Flying bird lines? Check
Sleep-related Psychic line of 2? Check

And garbage-based pokemon, many bugs, whatever Nattorei is, more mushrooms and jellyfish, a squirrel, and many monkeys? That's ingenuity.

@Drakeman
lol i don't mean gen. 6 right away i mean later on
an yea same here im digging alot of the new pokemon
the only one's that i have problem with is the flying trio out of anything
but this gen is different good but different

@Godzilla41 I agree about muk looking goopy and all it was nice, but I like the garbage bag pokemon XD It looks like a giant vomit bag and I'm in love w the 1stage evo <3

-I hate the basic trashbag pokemon tho.

Im gonna name Kokoromori Roush after the white bats from a book series I liked, now I just have to go back and read what are the evil bats called and name either a crobat or a gliscor that name as kokoromori's evil counterpart decisions decisions.

I'm not reading 56 pages so i will say that i came home and i am shocked at the awesomness of this genereation and i knew Kibago would evolve to Ononokussu.

Half of these things don't look like pokemon!

WTFH?! Gamefreak slapped base 140's, even base 135's and even a couple with Base 145's and Ononokusu has a base 147?! ALL NON-LEGENDARY!!! What were they SMOKING during the development of this generation! XD

That Archeopteryx Pokemon is the one which scares me the most! Unless it's Weak-Kneed ability cripples it in some for, that thing is BROKE! Seriously! It's like: "Forget most of the previous generation pokemon! They may not look like pokemon but I'm gonna use these broken mofo's instead!"

I mean, I saw the base stats and my jaws dropped multiple times just seeing how powerful some of these things are! It's like this game is filled with psudo-legendaries!!!

On a side note, anybody know what color the shiny version of that 3 headed dragon looks like? 'cuz if it's gold, I'm TOTALLY naming the first 1 I catch "King Ghidorah"! (I doubt it, it's probably a greenish color)

Also, I thought there were stated to be around 170 new designs in one of the recent new reports? Where are the other 14? And also, Mamonbo NOT being Ludisc's evo is COMPLETE BS!

I think I remember reading that pokemon transfered into these games from old gens would get their stats changed or something, something about stats being reconfigured or something like that. Any news WPM?

My comments in bold for the first part.

icyFREEZEdragon said:
Grass/Posion? Check. There was Grass/Poison in gen 4
Bug/Posion? Check. Also in D/P
Water/Rock fossil? Check
Rock/Flying fossil? Check I admit they are poor type choices, but D/P had a pure rock fossil >>
Pure Poison line of 2? Check
2 Counterpart Fighters? Check This was only done one other time, so it's not overdone yet, but they need to stop after this.
Pure Normal-type that has a uncanny resemblance to a certain bull? Check. I agree this wasn't original: it's more D/P style junk.
3 Normal/Flying bird lines? Check There are only 2, and D/P had a new normal/flying as well as old normal/flying lines
Sleep-related Psychic line of 2? Check I hated this too actually. I like Musharna when it stands up now, but I still think it was uneccesary

And garbage-based pokemon, many bugs, whatever Nattorei is, more mushrooms and jellyfish, a squirrel, and many monkeys? That's ingenuity.

Ok see, this is the thing that annoys me: you may hate it, but Nattorei is COMPLETELY original, it's not even based on a pre-existing thing!

The mushrooms, squirrel, monkeys, and some of the bugs aren't original though, you're right (as much as I love the bugs, some of them have basic designs)

The jellyfish one is creative for being ghost/water.

The garbage one is debateable. On one hand, a garbage bag/trash based creature isn't original overall. But for POKEMON, it is original, as most Pokemon are based off animals, and the only two "garbage" based monsters were from Gen 1. Also, it takes more creativity to see a garbage bag and make a monster out of it, then it does to see an animal and make a monster out of it.

I can see the originality even in monsters I don't like, such as the Dokkorar line.

And besides, you like to say how Gen 5 is so unoriginal, yet praise Gen 4 so highly. What was in Gen 4 that was so creative and original?

There was a monkey, penguin, squirrel, beaver, skunk, rabbit, weasel, pathetic excuse for a lion design, 3 worthless, unnecessary bagworms (Pineco and Foretress were the awesome originals) and way too many crappy and utterly worthless grass and water types. Half the sinnoh dex must have been plants and fish alone, combined with a children's petting zoo. Then they just made some evos and pre-evos of past gen monsters, most of which weren't available until tediously completing the Sinnoh dex, and in the mean time threw in a bunch of crappy overused Pokemon from past gens and called it a day!

And Setosama, you must be the only one still saying that pathetic, tired old phrase "they don't look like Pokemon". Yeah, Blastoise looks like he's from Digimon with those cybernetic cannons, but he's not, he is from Pokemon, therefore he is one, just like everything in this game.

If you are implying that the Gen 5 designs don't "look like Pokemon" because they "don't look like animals" then get over it: In case you didn't notice, Pokemon is short for "POCKET MONSTERS". They can look like animals, monsters, plants, insects, inanimate objects, ghosts, WHATEVER.

hello
i just want to say my 2 cents
a piece of me and pokemon has died today these things are horrible they look like a mash of crayons and playdough. if u look at the previous gen they look so much better. now im not saying all of them are bad but 76 % of it is. and no evos from previous gen thats a wrong way to go nintendo. i hate it. i have no urge to go get black or white now. but yeah thats how i feel.

The only thing this gen disappointed me is the lack of creative evolutionary methods compare to the amount of pokemon. Look at gen IV.

@orkoni1
Hope you are right but it looks very unlikely. First is that the base-stat totals are about the same for pokemon of the same tier. Second, if you are right and they are going to change something, shouldn't they consider changing the evolutionary level instead because they are highly different but I don't think that's likely also since the starters still evolve around the same levels.

@playerking: What I'm guessing was a mistranslating. Maybe just a few? And I don't know, that's a good question. It might of been cut or something.

sazando is meant to be stage 2? I know there are mistakes but i still thank you and the mods for doing this WPM. So the garbage bag Pokemon was in the musical.

chubbyclover4 said:
Looker's in isshu.

Best post in this thread, lmao, I love this chap!

Anyways, yeah, Meguroko was confirmed as being ground/dark from the start, so it's hopefully just a mistake on this site's part that lists him as pure ground. It would be ashame is they changed that unique type combo before the game was released -.-

Back