(1) 'Black' and 'White' Prerelease Leaks! [9/16]

@ Tarazuma

I am not stating that these look like Digimon. I'm just saying that they don't look like Pokemon. The two new fighting ones (the a legged equivalents to Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan) in particular suffer from EXTREMELY horrible design, IMO. To quote my friend with whom I had just shown these things, "They seem to suffer from over-design. Most of them seem very unrealistic to me." This in particular seems surprising to me since Gamefreak said they'd spent an entire day at the zoo to brain storm ideas.

I want to like this Generation. REALLY I do! It has a variety of awesome type combinations including some I've been wanting for YEARS (Victini and Reshiram especially), and I'll give Black Version a shot, but there are a couple of KEY points about these games, most notably the some of the ridiculous Pokemon Designs (NOSEPASS AND PROBOPASS ARE MORE RESPECTABLE than a quarter to half of these guys), Mamonbo NOT being Luvdisc's evo (it was PRACTICALLY PERFECT!), AND the PokeShifter which further emphasizes moving forward no trading back, (stupid since these are ALL DS Games now! You couldn't bring something like the Time Machine back, Gamefreak? Seriously?) which just proceed to turn me off to the game.

Otherwise... There's something about these games which reminds me of the Advanced Generation, which I actually THOROUGHLY enjoyed, despite the downgrades from GSC (no day and night/moving sprites from crystal) which were reinstated in DS Gen I (however, that didn't stop those games from being poor copies of the Advanced Gen games simply doing some of the things which should have been done then, such as the physical/special split and reinstating the features taken out of RS which made GSC kick butt). The sheer fact that the 2 Cover Pokemon seem to be opposed to the other and having unique abilities of their own as WELL as the reinstatement of DIVE as an HM AND the Title Screen VERY much remind me of RSE... I hope those remakes come next and that they ARE NOT 3DS exclusive. Same with the 3rd member of this game trio.

Yeah the dark dragon hydra line with Sazando and the whole stages thing. WPM what happened to that clay thing the Pokemon that was mentioned ages ago as Burokko or something? Also Tarazuma why is that funny?

Once again I destinctively remember hearing about 170 new designs to which we've only seen 156... What happened to the other 14? Where they scrapped?

Setosama, I'm sorry, but that quote from your friend is terrible and invalid. "Unrealistic designs"? Yeah, in a game where humans (especially 10 year old children) go around capturing super-powered monsters in tiny little balls that magically force the creatures to obey the human's every command, we are in serious need of realistic designs >>

I mean it's fine if you hate the designs, obviously that's your opinion. And some of the sprites ARE terrible, especially the flying and fighting trio. But they don't need to be "realisitic" in order to be Pokemon, as the mere concept of Pokemon defies reality to begin with.

The thing is that these creatures are primarily based off of animals or mythological beasts. Very few of these seem to be based on such creatures this generation. That's all.

In fact, now that I think of it... There are an AWFUL lot of HumanShape Pokemon this generation... =/

@ scuba stevee

it was in that "Pokemon Peer Interview Translations" news story... It's on page 2 now of the recent news page... 'bout half way down.

Im a bit disappointed with the Legendary Pokemon in this Generation. It doesn't ring LEGENDARY to me like the ones of the previous generations. Maybe a cure of Ken Sugimori's artwork might help. MIGHT.

@setosama: That's what I said, like, PAGES ago. XD There are a lot of humanoid Pokémon this time around. Not necessarily a bad thing, but very curious. *nodnod*

OH! Also, are you able to catch BOTH Reshiram AND Zekrom in both games? Or did they pull another RS/DP BS on us?

@ GothLoliBat

The redeeming quality of this Gen for me... A whole buncha new fire pokemon to play with. (Always been my favorite type! Psychic 2nd 'cuz of the Mews ;D)

Your new Avatar is ANOTHER redeeming quality IMO. 'bout damn time we got another Psychic immune to ghosts *with good stats and a FANTASTIC ability I might add.

@GothLoliBat: Cool avatar you got there. Its just released, and there are already artworks of it. Did you draw it yourself?

@drakeman: Thank you, I did indeed draw it myself! I had to resize it; the actual size looks much better, I think. (I'd post it, but I don't wanna wind up breaking some forum rule or something. lol)

On topic: Who's the tiny person between Zekrom and Reshiram?

Back