(1) 'Black' and 'White' Prerelease Leaks! [9/16]

I've gotta say. There are quite a few more promising looking Pokes than I would have imagined when things first started leaking. I'm going to have a harder time than I thought in choosing a team.

My only real complaint is the Pokemon based off things. They're starting to look more like the item (candle, lamp, sarcophagus, garbage bag and the ice cream cone especially) just randomly came to life and turned into a monster. To me, and this is obviously a personal opinion, Pokemon should look more like they inspired the item not the other way around. :/

I knew this generation would turn out to be great,i am really happy to see all the pokemon and look that they are incredible,i simply cannot choose which pokemon to make part of my team by just looking at them

The rolled up Centipede reminds me of this:
CurlUps.jpeg

by M.C. Escher.

I like every single one of them except for the horse legendary and also the pixie legendary I guess that I like the pokemon more if they,re shown all at once

Oh, too many amazing ones. Alot of different bad ones, and dissapointing ones, and some AWFUL sprites. Especially the fighting trio, and w-t-f is with the flying trio being almost exactly the same?! They look awesome, a million times better then those sickening elf trio from G4, but they could have done so much better then just making them slightly reskinned versions of each other. I'm also pretty dissapointed with the dark/dragon's design, like w-t-f is with the "hair"? Oh well, a million times better then Barney the friendly Dragonite, more unique then Salamence, and more sense making then Garchomp (garchomp dosen't look enough like a dragon IMO) and the typing is better then all 3 of them.

I am so completely impressed with Meguroko and it's evo's, it's totally on my team for sure. I love the new bugs, the robot, the bug robot, archeopterix, trash bags, gear's evos, the aliens, ghost candles, ranukuru's line, weird bird thing, steel/grass thing, omf, so many amazing things. And even though I don't much care for the fighting/dark design, at least its weird/freaky looking instead of cutesy, and I just love the type combo too much.

These monsters are a million times better then the Gen 4 crap. Finally getting back to being pocket MONSTERS, and not pocket baby cute petting zoo. This gen, like the first 4 gens, goes back to having a balance of cute/monstrous/weird.Though, not exactly...this gen sorta tips the scale in favor of weird and monstrous I think :D

And also I'm so relieved that there's no evo's or pre-evos of past gen monsters, and that there's no stragglers from past gens hanging around.

Wow, you read my mind Wolf616!

Considering the strangeness of some of these pokemon, maybe M.C. Escher was on the design team :p

I would very much like to see them in the anime as well as the games. I think we would get to know them better if we actually see them in action, but to me right now it will take a while to actually get used to all the Pokemon since most of them I am not impressed with one bit. :p

A garbage bag, an ice cream cone, a casket, a martial artist with a suit, a Trojan, and a snow flake....

Kinda makes you wonder what was going through their heads.

I'm bothered by the similarity of the flying trio. It might as well be one Pokemon with three forms, despite HATING forms.

It's going to take time to get used to all the new Pokemon. Some we like right off the bat, some take a while to grow on you.

Pfft. Forget the anime. I want to see them in the manga...if Black and White get a manga, that is. Of course, I mean Pokemon Special; not this other manga floating around.

I remember instantly falling in love with the Gen IV Pokemon- but then again, I was only 11 at the time. These look SO different, though :x

I want to know exactly what those Grass/Steel pokemon are based off of. Anybody have any guesses?

It seems that all of the pokemon that would be in white (because they are colorful and green) and that they would live in the white forest are apparently in black.

I don't like the design of the ice cream cone Pokemon. To me, it looked severely rushed and was put into the games to increase the Ice-type total.

But, that's just me.

as much as i like the new pokes there appears to be a lot of repeat designs.. and not just the trios....

btw- yeah, the ice cream thing is lame.. totally lame!!

so lame i take back what i said about that garbage bag earlier..

1 was bad enough but do we need 2 evo.s of it.. c'mon!!?

so anyway, what's the legendary for the 'third' installment?? that purple lizzard thing i'm guessing??!

or that lady gaga thing in the black dress / green hair....

Back