(1) Announcement from Pokemon Coming January 8th: 6th Generation? [12/29]

itsJoe said:
They won't remake Crystal or Emerald. They will integrate Emerald features into two Ruby & Sapphire remakes as they did with HGSS.

I second this.
Two games means more money for GameFreak, as i'm sure has probably been stated many times before.

Bolt the Cat said:
If they're making a straight remake, it probably will resemble the plot of Emerald where both teams would be evil and Rayquaza will play a role. And it certainly will have all of those features from Emerald as well.

Then the other 2 legends being on the cover wouldnt be justified....

Besides, with BW/2, it seems to me like they started taking version differences to the next level. By making 2 Emeralds and calling them RS for the sake of it, is kinda completely the opposite. lol
Both mascots fight in both games, with Rayquaza actually being the star.. it feels utterly wrong.

Which is why a revamp or sequels of both+third seems way more like the option perfectionist gamefreak would choose. They care more about such details than the fans could ever give a damn.

But thats a topic for 2014 or smth.

Mitja said:
Bolt the Cat said:
If they're making a straight remake, it probably will resemble the plot of Emerald where both teams would be evil and Rayquaza will play a role. And it certainly will have all of those features from Emerald as well.

Besides, with BW/2, it seems to me like they started taking version differences to the next level. By making 2 Emeralds and calling them RS for the sake of it, is kinda completely the opposite. lol
Both mascots fight in both games, with Rayquaza actually being the star.. it feels utterly wrong.

Which is why a revamp or sequels of both+third seems way more like the option perfectionist gamefreak would choose. They care more about such details than the fans could ever give a damn.

Rayquaza wouldn't be the star, just that it would have significance in the storyline. It wouldn't purely be based on Emerald's, it'd be more like a combination of RS and Emerald.

Mitja said:
Bolt the Cat said:

This.

HeatRotomFTW97 said:
However, I do not think said remakes will occur in 2013. For this to occur, the games would have to be on the Nintendo DS family (see every previous generation: GameFreak has never jumped handhelds mid-generation).

Pokemon Crystal says hi.

I think that it's surely gotta be something 6th gen-related if we consider all evidence and ignore personal preferences/wishes (I want gen III remakes as much as the next guy).

Personally, I'm guessing we'll either get a silhouette or an actual reveal for a new non-legendary Pokémon that'll be in the Genesect movie (think Donphan/Munchlax/Zoroark), or an announcement of the gen VI games - maybe even the two coupled. The fact that both Masuda and Morimoto are scheduled to make announcements coupled with the advertisement on the official website suggests that we're going to get the latter. Alternatively, Morimoto could reveal the new Pokémon to be featured in the movie on the 6th with Masuda following that up with an announcement of the new games on the 8th?

I'd be surprised if it's a gen VI legendary announcement, it seems odd to have both the curveball of a shiny gen V legendary as well as a new Pokémon both as the central movie focuses.

Well, even if Gen VI gets revealed first (Jan 8th) that doesn't rule out Remakes, it could easily fall into Gen VI just at a later date.

Well I've got my money on 3rd Gen remakes. Though it's still possible that it's a 6th Gen announcement. If the remakes come out on 3DS then it's considered a 6th Gen game,right? But new generations always start with the main games.

New generations always start with a new region, new Pokemon, new storyline etc i.e RB, GS, RS, DP & BW. Remakes wouldn't start the next generation because they would be classed under the current fifth Generation.

ArchedThunder said:
HeatRotomFTW97 said:
However, I do not think said remakes will occur in 2013. For this to occur, the games would have to be on the Nintendo DS family (see every previous generation: GameFreak has never jumped handhelds mid-generation).

Pokemon Crystal says hi.

Despite being compatible with the Game Boy and Game Boy Pocket, Gold and Silver were full blown Game Boy Color titles. All they did with Crystal was take that feature away to push more hardware. It's not an example of a mid-generation jump.

I can't see them changing to a completely new handheld in the same generation, it will either go two ways:

A) Remake will be announced first for the Nintendo DS finishing Generation V
B) Remakes will be announced after the first Gen VI games have been released for the 3DS and will also be on the 3DS.

I doubt they would release another set of main games for the Nintendo DS when they have had the 3DS development kit for 3 years now therefore option B seems more plausible.

ArchedThunder said:
HeatRotomFTW97 said:

Pokemon Crystal says hi.

GSC were all GBC games. They had colors and could use the IR for trading/battling etc.

So yeah no that's not comparable.

But the more important fact is not even that they never did handheld change mid-generation, but that until BW2 they always released everything theyve planned BEFORE the new handheld came out, where they then started with a new generation.

In that case, BW2 was already THE new anomaly, and essentially you're saying they'd make it even worse instead of going back to what makes sense.

itsJoe said:
I can't see them changing to a completely new handheld in the same generation, it will either go two ways:

A) Remake will be announced first for the Nintendo DS finishing Generation V
B) Remakes will be announced after the first Gen VI games have been released for the 3DS and will also be on the 3DS.

I doubt they would release another set of main games for the Nintendo DS when they have had the 3DS development kit for 3 years now therefore option B seems more plausible.

This is the main reason why I think it will be Gen 6 instead of RS remakes/sequels.

Mitja said:
ArchedThunder said:
Pokemon Crystal says hi.

GSC were all GBC games. They had colors and could use the IR for trading/battling etc.

But the more important fact is not even that they never did handheld change mid-generation, but that until BW2 they always released everything theyve planned BEFORE the new handheld came out, where they then started with a new generation.

In that case, BW2 was already THE new anomaly, and essentially you're saying they'd make it even worse instead of going back to what makes sense.

Gold and Silver were Game Boy games that were compatible with Game Boy Color.

ArchedThunder said:
Mitja said:

Gold and Silver were Game Boy games that were compatible with Game Boy Color.

pokemon-silver.jpg
Gold%20Box.PNG

Tell us more about how GS were GB games and not GBC games.

ArchedThunder said:
HeatRotomFTW97 said:

Pokemon Crystal says hi.
Except that G/S had color too and the "jump" had no significance.

The 3DS has different screen sizes and the difference between GB <=> GBC and DS <=> 3DS is very different. GB <=> GBC was more like DS <=> DSi while DS <=> 3DS is more like GBC <=> GBA <=> DS.
Yeah, and the boxes. Still, GS are ond GB cartridges.
n508f9acf16989.jpg

Crystal actually says Game Boy color

ArchedThunder said:
Pokemon Crystal says hi.

Hmm, let's see...

GB vs. GBC:

-Color Added
-Same Screen Size
-Same Game Engine (sprite design, etc.)
-Same CPU

DS vs. 3DS:

-Bigger screens
-Faster Processor
-3D Graphics
-MANY new features for developers (augmented reality, etc.)
-Different cartridges
-Completely different game engine (they'd have to redo textures, sprites from scratch, which they didn't for GB vs. GBC)

Sorry, but Crystal jumping ship would be like saying BW were on a different console because they had Live Caster support (DSi). Sure, Crystal was an exclusive, but I know some video game authorities that group GB and GBC in the same console family, a la DS and DSi.

Cerebral logic and not just simplicity say hi.

Maybe all the conversation saying "They did it this way before, so they'll never do it any other way" is pointless. They always went 2 main series games, then 1 upgraded version. Until B/W. Who's to say they won't do anything unprecedented ever again? For all we know, it could be a Yellow remake for 3DS. There's no way to completely rule out anything, Gamefreak does what Gamefreak wants.

Back