(1) Announcement from Pokemon Coming January 8th: 6th Generation? [12/29]

ChillBill said:
R/S 2 is definitely the least probable. Considering that RSE is 10 years old, there is no way for Pokemon players of the last five years at least to know much about it. So they would look at the sequel and say "Archie, my old enemy? Who the hell is that Archie?"

Nonsense, GSCHGSS and BW2 were designed so that you could play the games without having to know the plot of their predecessors. You'd be going through the region as an entirely new trainer who doesn't know what happened either, so they'd have to re-explain things anyway.

Flygon2071 said:
I wanted R/S remakes this Gen because:

The distance is (or was) 2 Gens. I still want it though I know that it has a small possibility of happening.

The problem with looking at that pattern is that up until now, new generations always took place on a new handheld. But this gen, they decided to keep it on the same handheld as last gen (the DS), and since RS took place on the DS' predecessor it doesn't really make sense to remake them now. That's why it's best to wait until Gen 6 when Pokemon moves to the 3DS. If the two gens thing bothers you, then just think of Gen 5 as Gen 4.5 and Gen 6 as the true Gen 5 (because that's pretty much what it is anyway, or at least in some ways).

Does anyone know what time Pokemon Smash comes on? Does anyone do a livestream of it so all the rest of us can watch it?

rowsdower24 said:
Does anyone know what time Pokemon Smash comes on? Does anyone do a livestream of it so all the rest of us can watch it?

I could swear there was actually a thread explaining everything you asked and more

EDIT:
oh right, other section
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-where-can-i-find-a-pokemon-smash-live-stream

rowsdower24 said:

It comes on at 7:30 A.M. in Japan, which is GMT +9. I'm in ET, which is GMT -5. That's a 14 hour disparity, so it comes on at 5:30 P.M. for me. Note that the first 30 minutes is an episode of the anime, and that announcements aren't usually made until the very end at 6:30.

Bolt the Cat said:
Nonsense, GSCHGSS and BW2 were designed so that you could play the games without having to know the plot of their predecessors. You'd be going through the region as an entirely new trainer who doesn't know what happened either, so they'd have to re-explain things anyway.
GSC wasn't as connected to RBY as B2W2 were to BW. After all, GSC was a new Gen, with some references to the old Team Rocket and the reappearance of Red and Blue. In B2W2, there are many references to BW that someone who hasn't played both wouldn't understand. It's not only Plasma, it's the Gym Leaders, areas of the region... Memory Link is another thing. Only players of BW are able to use it. B2W2 is a "real" sequel. You can play it on its own, but it's much better if you've played its first part.

ChillBill said:
In B2W2, there are many references to BW that someone who hasn't played both wouldn't understand. It's not only Plasma, it's the Gym Leaders, areas of the region... Memory Link is another thing. Only players of BW are able to use it. B2W2 is a "real" sequel. You can play it on its own, but it's much better if you've played its first part.

Yeah, but you're really not missing anything important, so it doesn't matter.

Bolt the Cat said:
ChillBill said:
In B2W2, there are many references to BW that someone who hasn't played both wouldn't understand. It's not only Plasma, it's the Gym Leaders, areas of the region... Memory Link is another thing. Only players of BW are able to use it. B2W2 is a "real" sequel. You can play it on its own, but it's much better if you've played its first part.

Yeah, but you're really not missing anything important, so it doesn't matter.

So are we pretending the N story arc is non-existent or something?

Episode started with a overview of the episode - so far, only a bunch of battles and summaries.

I did like the dragonforce instrumental, though.

2:34 EDIT - Hey look, it's Matsuda and that other dude. Seems like they're overlooking the tournament.

Also, seems like the winner of this makeshift tournament will go to a "winners panel" that'll go around Pokemon Centers.

2:37 EDIT - The Japanese NintendoLand commercial is oddly relaxing. I have no idea why.

2:38 EDIT - Little kid vs. Golgo (not 13). Golgo's using a team with a Sableye that seems to play dirty with status and moves like Fake Out. No Darkrai yet, though.

2:41 EDIT - Octillery too OP.

2:43 EDIT - That yellow person (imsosorryidon'tfollowsmash) is using a Hail/Blizzard team. Prof. Red is using a Scizor--oh it died from hail.

2:45 EDIT - Yamamoto vs. Baba. Well then. Yamamoto seems to be using, uh, an actual team, whereas Baba's just using a bunch of OUs.

2:47 EDIT - Baba uses Guillotine. Forgets Yamamoto has a substitute up. Also, Baba uses an Excadrill. Freaking using Ubers.

2:49 EDIT - So apparently they're going to a "Pokemon Library", to learn about strategies or something. A bunch of battles about the Anime Unova League.

2:50 EDIT - Oh yeah, the "Pokemon Library" seems to be the anime part of the program. Time to waaaait.

2:54 EDIT - Dear Oshawott, your shell ain't going to block a Tri-Attack from a freaking Hydreigon. Love, logic.

2:57 EDIT - Yamamoto gets pushed out of frame. Gets mad. Japanese humor, everyone.

2:58 EDIT - >sending out a Ferrothorn against a Fire type

3:02 EDIT - >sending out a Swanna against an Electric type

3:04 EDIT - Yuuki Aoi as Iris makes me happy inside. Yuuki Aoi's voice in general makes me happy.

3:08 EDIT - AWW SNAP IT'S EVOLVIN

3:09 EDIT - AWW SNAP IT ENDED. Back to reality.

3:11 EDIT - Commercials. Unrelated, but 6th gen Normal-type Eeveelution y/y

3:12 EDIT - Shokotan's using a Garchomp and a Salamance. Ice type sweep y/y

3:14 EDIT - reitou beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem

3:16 EDIT - The problem with Hail/Blizzard teams is that, if the Hail goes away, you're kinda screwed. Final battle is between Yamamoto and Shokotan.

3:18 EDIT - This mabodoufu advertisement subscribes to and propagates an ideology of a "standard family" and the societal role that a mother is supposed to ta-- oh look, Pokemon's back.

3:20 EDIT - Both teams in the championship match are using a Cresselia. Cresselia too OP.

3:23 EDIT - And Yamamoto wins. gg. Hm, still 5 minutes left. Wonder what's left?

3:24 EDIT - And the credits are rollin. Seems like that might be it, then.

3:27 EDIT - Preview for the next episode talked about some "big event", but i dunno. They were holding trading cards. Megalo Cannon? Dunno \o/

Seems to be it, folks. Thanks for staying around.

Watch Virgil's Eevee evolve into 6thgenerationeon during his eventual? battle with Ash.

HeatRotomFTW97 said:
ArchedThunder said:
Pokemon Crystal says hi.

Hmm, let's see...

GB vs. GBC:

-Color Added
-Same Screen Size
-Same Game Engine (sprite design, etc.)
-Same CPU

Game Boy CPU-2-bit and runs at 4.19 MHz
Game Boy Color CPU-8-bit and runs at 8 MHz

I'm not saying they will change hand helds mid generation, in fact I don't think they will. But saying they never did because the GB and GBC were similar is wrong. If you actually look at the specs the GBC was much more powerful than the GB, just because GameFreak was lazy with it doesn't mean it wasn't.

Pikachu toy lol wut? Master Ball toy and Legendary pokemon toys. BW2 comercials and BW8 comercials too. Nothing more. Why was Morimoto here?

And it's over. Nothing revealed, not even in the preview for next week. But Masuda doesn't come on the show just for anything, so we'll probably see something next week regarding the big announcement.

ArchedThunder said:
HeatRotomFTW97 said:
Hmm, let's see...

GB vs. GBC:

-Color Added
-Same Screen Size
-Same Game Engine (sprite design, etc.)
-Same CPU

I'm not saying they will change hand helds mid generation, in fact I don't think they will. But saying they never did because the GB and GBC were similar is wrong. If you actually look at the specs the GBC was much more powerful than the GB, just because GameFreak was lazy with it doesn't mean it wasn't.
Point taken, but the 3DS is definitely considerably more different from the DS family than the GBC was from the GB. Some even consider the GBC an iteration of the GB. It's about the consumer, not the specs. I really don't know what GF could have added except for color to Crystal, which they did. In contrast, the 3DS has a lot more than simple 3D graphics to bring to the table.

HeatRotomFTW97 said:
ArchedThunder said:

Point taken, but the 3DS is definitely considerably more different from the DS family than the GBC was from the GB. Some even consider the GBC an iteration of the GB. It's about the consumer, not the specs. I really don't know what GF could have added except for color to Crystal, which they did. In contrast, the 3DS has a lot more than simple 3D graphics to bring to the table.
All you have to do is look at other GBC games, they were much more detailed than Crystal.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Watch Virgil's Eevee evolve into 6thgenerationeon during his eventual? battle with Ash.

I have been thinking the same exact thing but I wonder what will trigger its evolution if it does happen. Come to think of it his Eevee seems to use dig quite often which is a Ground Type Move prehaps there giving us a clue?

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
Water Pokémon Master said:

I have been thinking the same exact thing but I wonder what will trigger its evolution if it does happen. Come to think of it his Eevee seems to use dig quite often which is a Ground Type Move prehaps there giving us a clue?

I dont' see how that's a hint at all. Eevee has been able to dig since the dawn of Pokemon. Why would it using dig now hint to anything?

SoulSilver said:

I dont' see how that's a hint at all. Eevee has been able to dig since the dawn of Pokemon. Why would it using dig now hint to anything?

So what do you think would cause it to evolve? That's just something I was pointing out I didn't actually say that would cause it to evolve.

SoulSilver said:

So what do you think would cause it to evolve? That's just something I was pointing out I didn't actually say that would cause it to evolve.

It'd have be an entirely new method. I do recall reading a couple years back that whenever old Pokemon get new evolutions the evolution methods are always 100% new method be it with a new item, new game mechanic, whatnot. So if Eevee does evolve we won't know its method till it happens. It won't be a move, it won't be an already existing hold item, etc.

Back