(1) ALL 'Next Destinies' Scans [1/26]

RE: (1) 80+ 'Next Destinies' Scans [1/26]

Whoa...James Turner is illustrating. I want every card that he's illustrated now. It's been just Pansear so far, huh?

I like how Lampent's pretending to be a lantern on an old city street. The Pokédex entry is amusinly grim when compared to the illustration.

I also like how Vanillite is at the Castelia Cone stand, referencing an NPC talking about how he once got an ice cream cone that came to life. That girl behind the counter looks totally clueless though. I always like Kanako Eo's character design. They're all very cute.

I don't know how useful Jellicent would be, but Vengeful Wish seems like it'd be really fun to play. Of course, I get the most fun out of disruption and otherwise just plain messing around, which I think is the minority around here. And, of course, I can always count on Mitsuhiro Arita to make an interesting illustration. It's why he's been illustrating the Pokémon TCG for 15 years. I wonder if those two are a couple.

I love the little pasta looking things floating around Musharna. I don't think I've seen Maiko Fujiwara's sets, or I've forgotten about her. But this looks very nice.

I know the Bronzong card is illustrated by Kouki Saitou. It's that unmistakable style. That's pretty much the only bit of information lost by having the bottom cut off; anything else, I can determine. (Oh yeah, there's the rarity. But a Poké-Body like that would mean Bronzong's at least Rare.)

Cinccino can be very annoying if you get lucky enough. Where is this illustration set? Is it in Castelia City?

Hmm. Cilan is not illustrated by Ken Sugimori. He didn't illustrate anything in this set, did he? Yusuke Ohmura illustrated Cilan. Where did I hear his name before?

That Pokémon Center Stadium card...It'd be interesting if someone played Unlimited and used that alongside the original Pokémon Center Trainer card.

Prism Energy is not going to help the dominance of Basic Pokémon right now...

All in all, I'm seeing a really wide pool of artists, but I'm afraid it's not as diverse as it could be. Without the works of Yuka Morii, Sachiko Adachi, Tomokazu Komiya, Kyoko Umemoto, Yukiko Baba, Lee Hyun Jung, and Kent Kanetsuna, and with the new artists having somewhat generic styles, it's not as fun to just stare at these cards as it would be with their contributions. That, and we have too much Masakazu Fukuda and Ryo Ueda. Ueda used to only illustrate Holo-Rare and rarer; he's now doing everything. It's a good thing Mitsuhiro Arita, match, Kagemaru Himeno, Midori Harada, and sui are still around.

Just to be curious, would the box ratio of this be like

1 of each Holofoil EX per box and

2 FA EX per box?

If this was the ratio, I'd be satisfied with it.

Riskbreakers said:
Just to be curious, would the box ratio of this be like

1 of each Holofoil EX per box and

2 FA EX per box?

If this was the ratio, I'd be satisfied with it.

I guess Ex = Prime and FA = Legend piece..

so 3-4 Ex and 2-3 FA per box.. :D

Mewtwo looks like he's retained the same kind of effect as the Japanese one, awesome

I think I should point out that Weavile does not follow its National Dex number at all; it's place right after Sneasel, but belongs after Nuzleaf/Shiftry. I guess the numbering rule can be broken in cross-gen same-type evolutions?

Bronzong is off center. Like, the retreat cost, rarity, and set number aren't visible (although we could see its Japanese scan to see the retreat cost).

Also, WPM, in the news story where there were scans of Reshiram-EX, Zekrom-EX, and Mewtwo-EX, you said, "Special etching treatment never done before in the TCG cards industry." What kind of "etching treatment" do the full arts have?

Yay, Chandelure and Emboar as SR's. Although I would've prefered Zoroark, this is cool too. Im definitely have to gonna get both of them. Reshiram's art is fantastic, and now I dont have to buy the Theme Deck to get it ^_^

From the scan of Mewtwo-EX FA, the texture on the card looks amazing. Definitely looking forward to getting a few of those.

Is Cilan the first time there's been a gym leader card outside (or at least before) of an entire set based around them? This somehow never crossed my mind before even though I own the Japanese card.

Maybe DB/DB will have Iris then.

NeoMobius said:
What the heck is "Belt" suppose to do? Cubchoo takes out a belt and fwaps your opponent with it? Was the original attack "Spit" censored because they thought kids would try and imitate the attack or do they think it's not a clean word to say?
Damn, they even have this guy in the same set:

So they made him into a GOD DAMN JIGGLYPUFF!
I need a drink...
According to several sources, such as the english Wiktionary, to belt can also mean to execute a powerful blow with the fist or another heavy object.
"Snot Shot" would be still a better name in my opinion, though, but there is nothing wrong about "Belt".

Futachimaru said:
Also, WPM, in the news story where there were scans of Reshiram-EX, Zekrom-EX, and Mewtwo-EX, you said, "Special etching treatment never done before in the TCG cards industry." What kind of "etching treatment" do the full arts have?
Look up the scan of Mewtwo-EX (FA). Instead of the simple holofoil effect, this "special etching treatment" is designed to resemble the style of the japanese FA/SR cards. As far as i know they use a different kind of paper not available here, so this was changed from BW - NV.

Also, Weavile is pretty interesting.

failed on basculin's translation?

its suppose to be 40 dmg if the defending pokemon has NO damage on it in the japanese translation.

Pansage, Vanillite, and Pidove are absolutely adorable! I can't wait to pull hundreds of those cards to add to my binder. Chandelure and Vanilluxe are my favorite holos of the set though; funny how an ice cream cone and lantern can be so lovely. And once again, Reshiram and Zekrom are released. It's not like there are any other legendary Pokemon that can get some time to be shown off. Gosh, I have so many of them. If they keep this up, they'll surpass Pikachu in the amount of cards. Too bad Kyurem, the "coolest" (excuse the pun) of the trio doesn't get as much limelight.

I've never been into the competitive scene, but Gardevoir and Mewtwo EX seem to be such a big hit, and I can see why. Along with a Double Colorless energy...

ogeray said:
failed on basculin's translation?

its suppose to be 40 dmg if the defending pokemon has NO damage on it in the japanese translation.
That's hilarious. No more donks. :(

I guess they'll have to errata it like they did with Onix.

Zekrom deck next destinies
2x zekrom
4x shinx
2x luxio
1x luxray
2x kricketot
2x kricketune
2x blitzle
1x zebstrika
2x Foongus
1x Amoonguss
2x Emolga
2x Pidove
2x Pansage
2x Cilan
2x Bianca
1x Pokémon Center
2x Level Ball
2x energy retrieval
2x energy search
2x pokemon communication

My guess.

Cilan is awesome. An upgrade over Interviewer's Questions. on the other hand, probably useless if you use rainbow, prism and DCE in a deck.

One look at Prism Energy and I'm all like: Dude, the artwork for dat card would be an AWESOME wallpaper for mah computer!!! <- Anyone agree with that?:D Maybe someone could work on it and ask WPM to post it...:p Sheesh, what is wrong with me??? Dreamers gonna dream. :p I'm also excited to pull tons of Pansears and Panpours tommorow. (Now that I think about it that would have sounded better the other way around...) I just hope that I get a Full Art this time at my PreRelease. (Everyone always pulls at least one except me...)

So are they saving the shiny Hydregion and shiny Zoark for the English Dark Rush set? If so, what happens to shiny Archeops, shiny Gardevoir and shiny Pokemon Catcher?

Back