(1) All 'Dark Rush' Scans and Translations! [12/14]

Espeon – Psychic – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

Ability: Solar Miracle
As long as this Pokemon is in play, prevent all effects of your opponent’s Pokemon's attacks done to any of your Pokemon with Energy attached to them.

[P][C][C] Psychic Report: 60 damage. Look at your opponent’s hand.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

uh.So let me ge this straight, if you get an energy on all of your pokemon your invincible?

I'm going to be honest here... I saw the words "ultra rare Pokemon Catcher reprint" and just facepalmed. Super/ultra rare TRAINERS are just like the worst thing imaginable in the TCG for me. When I was a kid, the rare Trainers in Base Set were a waste of booster pack, so to see Trainers that are even more rare/expensive is just ughhhh.

Also I'm not surprised at the lack of Dark Pokemon at all. Sure, Hail Blizzard and Psycho Drive weren't officially supposed to be based around Ice and Psychic Pokemon, respectively, but they had about as many of those types of Pokemon as Dark Rush does for Dark-types.

Man, I really dislike the amount of dark cards there's ended up being. I hope this doesn't foretell anything about Dragon Selection.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
^It just prevents effects. Not damage.

darn i thought it was damage as well :(

still it wouldnt break the meta too much as we have crush hammer/crushing hammer carnivine and various pokemon who discard energys off opponents when attacking so i think it would be interesting how people would counter it :p

Frost said:
I'm going to be honest here... I saw the words "ultra rare Pokemon Catcher reprint" and just facepalmed. Super/ultra rare TRAINERS are just like the worst thing imaginable in the TCG for me. When I was a kid, the rare Trainers in Base Set were a waste of booster pack, so to see Trainers that are even more rare/expensive is just ughhhh.

Also I'm not surprised at the lack of Dark Pokemon at all. Sure, Hail Blizzard and Psycho Drive weren't officially supposed to be based around Ice and Psychic Pokemon, respectively, but they had about as many of those types of Pokemon as Dark Rush does for Dark-types.

true i was kinda peed off when i heard archeops reprint and gold catcher - kind like they forgot they only released those two cards like 2 sets ago >.>;

as for the lack of dark pokemon iam a little disappointed that there wasn't a few more but my main erk was there wasn't a zoroark EX considering he was on the box & boosters... -sigh- some day i shall have it LOL

rowsdower24 said:
That Heatmor is just a player hater, I love that card.

Its a one card ultimate counter to durant. And it makes sense based on the pokemon. Ant eater eats ant. Your turn.

Hoe mah gurrd Heatmor
And I just finally got my Durant list together, too!
Boo.
Although, I can often times deal with a Durant being KO'd every turn and still deck my opponent before they draw all 6 prizes.

OMG Excadrill 50 for 2 Fighting Energy & bring any card from your discard pile back into your hand *drools* O_O

OMG BLAZIKEN 130 Damage

Blaziken – Fire – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Combusken

[R][C] Blaze Kick: 40 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 30 damage. If tails the opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned.
[R][R][C] Flamethrower: 130 damage. Choose 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon and discard it.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Retreat: 2

Poor Slowking, why must the card creators hate you so much.

Empoleon – Water – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Prinplup

Ability: Diving Draw
Choose 1 card from your hand and discard it. Then, draw 2 cards from your deck. You can use this ability 1 time during your turn.

[W] Attack Command: Does 10 damage times the total number of Pokemon in play.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Retreat: 2

21/69
A more broken Jumpluff? Heck yes! I can't wait for this card.

Espeon – Psychic – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

Ability: Solar Miracle
As long as this Pokemon is in play, prevent all effects of your opponent’s Pokemon's attacks done to any of your Pokemon with Energy attached to them.

[P][C][C] Psychic Report: 60 damage. Look at your opponent’s hand.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Retreat: 1

33/69
Is this a mistranslation? Is actually something like all your benched Pokémon? Because if not, this is automatically a god-awesome tech in everything. Especially the energy acceleration decks, which can automatically make their whole setup invincible in 1-2 turns.

The Krookodile will be interesting for sure. It might break that deck, who knows? I kind of like Excadrill. It's nothing new, but the Zoroark is still amazing.

Thank god they reprinted Rare Candy. I seriously could not be happier about that. That crazy supporter should be interesting in lock decks. Darkness Claw thing is broken with Zoroark. Thank god for Twist Mountain, too. Let's see what Archeops can do now.

I'm definitely excited for this set. Nothing seems too OP, but some of the cards are very playable. I especially love Empoleon. The only thing I'm waiting for now is a Collector/Roseanne reprint before the rotation.

Twist Mountain - Stadium

Each player may flip a coin once during his or her turn. If heads, he or she choose 1 Revived Pokemon card from his or her hand and plays it onto his or her Bench.

You can only bring 1 Stadium card into play during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

This card is so good. I am glad I just traded for a playset of Archeops. No guys, this card, OMG, I need it now. Also, when someone told me about that Heatmor, I thought they were joking, but I guess not, haha, bye bye Durant. Other cards worth mentioning:
  • Espeon
  • Empoleon
  • Bad Team’s Jimu and Sabu (haha, what kind of name is that?)
  • Aerodactyl
  • Darkness Claw

lol PCL just loves trolling us... They reveal Entei-EX and Raikou-EX in advance and when everyone is expecting a Suicune-EX... BAM! "You want Suicune-EX? No. You get Tornadus-EX instead. He's from the north winds too and is cooler muahahahah!"...

Anyway, other than that, the set looks good regarding the pokémon choice. Sure, there could be a few more Dark-types but this is a main set after all. That shiny Catcher is an odd choice to say the least.

Again, the shiny cards are one of each previous set. Does this mean the next set will have 4 shinies? I hope not...

After looking at the pokémon in this set and the cards from Zek'n'Reshi-EX decks and Thundurus VS Tornadus gift set, I can say for sure that PUSA ruined the English release of the cards in those decks. Almost all pokémon featured in those decks have a counterpart in one of these 3 sets: Red Collection, PSHB, Dark Rush. This means Tympole, Palpitoad, Dwebble & Crustle should have been in Noble Victories (These can still be saved if they appear in the next Japanese main set). But Timburr and Gurdurr should have been released in NV too, and the line from PDHB should have stayed in Next Destinies. Also, I don't know if there's space in NextD. to include Vanillite, Vanilluxe, Scraggy, Scrafty, Pawniard and Bisharp (I mean all 6), but that remains to be seen.

Finally, it seems they will release 3 starters from different gens from this set onwards. If Dragon Selection is just all about Dragon-types, there won't be any, but if it turns out to have pokémon from other types, I could see the Charizard, Sceptile and Feraligatr lines being in there...

EDIT: btw, I don't think Twist Mountain is that good... I mean, it's flippy...

HAHAHAHAHA well we have returned to a speed format :p. Empoleon...oh goodness I love it. It's like a Jumpluff on steroids. And it's like a Claydol...yep welcome to MD-on again...

Golden Catcher.. What the Fff

Also, Archeops just became a bit more playable, ZPTS found a new playmate and my god this is unfair lol. EMpoleon is also cool.

Why the shiny catcher as the UR? I mean, 2 shinies I understand... But really? A Trainer for a UR? Come on... Should've had like, an Illusory Zoroark... Something cool, and dark... And the shinies, in my opinion, should have been Umbreon and Gardevoir.... (Not hating on archeops, just wrong choice for set)

Did I read Espeon right? Any pokemon with energy attached on your side of the field can't be hurt? What!?

Okay, for the last time, Espeon only prevents effects, not damage. Say an attack does 20 and poisons you. It would still do 20, but wouldn't poison.

Just some random thoughts:
* First things first: wow, hyping this set up as Dark Rush is obviously a bit unwarranted. I expected a lot more Dark types and a lot more of a pseudo-Dark engine and ecosystem (Darks with more explicit support for each other, non-Darks that did more or less damage to Dark types). Two Trainers a set theme does not really justify.
* Oh, how the Eeveelutions have fallen! It's not unprecedented for the original trio to have lesser rarities, but when not even Espeon or Umbreon register as at least rares, it's a whole new ballgame.
* And where are Leafeon and Glaceon? They could've been pretty easily slotted into this set -- I can't think of any obvious reason to hold them back. And anyone holding out for a Glaceon EX has to wonder if that's at all possible now, if we're still on the hook for a Suicune EX and again, the Eeveelutions seem simpler fodder now.Per Arcanite below, they're in the Reshiram EX/Zekrom EX decks. Not much bombast for them in those printings, either.
* What an unusual ability for Slowbro. He's one of my favorite Pokémon and this approach to him is really just weird.
* Plusle and Minun being kept together in a set is actually something of a miracle, the Johto trio are missing Suicune, and Aerodactyl doesn't have any other Fossils in the set to keep him company (save SR Archeops, which doesn't totally count).
* The Johto trio's been split apart before, with Rocket's Entei ex and Rocket's Suicune ex in TRR, but Rocket's Raikou ex on his own in EX Deoxys.
* A shiny catcher as an UR? Uhhh, alright... though could I impractically suggest they should've been a bit cleverer and used the original Gust of Wind's art as the alt. art instead? Just for those of us keeping score that enjoy cute references.

Back