(1) All BW3 'Psycho Drive' and 'Hail Blizzard' Scans and Translations! [9/14]

Shaymin Lv.X said:
Yanmega Prime doesnt benefit from it. it only gets worse from this set.
Yanmega Prime alone isn't a deck, its partners (namely donphan and magenezone) do benifit from it, and I do think that level ball is helpeful to get more yanmas out faster.

ZOMG! I WANTZ THAT SHINY EMBOAR!!! XD

This set is epic. Groudon EX is nice, and I also like Gardevoir and Mewtwo EX. Shaymin EX can also make for a decent late game turn around card. Musharna is Uxie Lv X back to filter through the deck.

I also like the Zapdos in this set. possible 200 damage for 4 energy (3 if 1 is a DCE) is epicly awesome!

Moltres is decent as well. Gives those Thyphlosion/Emboar Decks another beefy attacker which puts out decent amounts of damage.

Oh yeah, Heavy Ball gets EVERY EX except Skymin and Mewtwo! :D
Level Ball is great too. =)

I like that Reuniclus. 160 for one Energy, in a format with Level Ball, Communication, and Junk Arm? The low HP and Solosis is bothering me, though.

Anyways, set is looking like a good set. There are definitely some playable cards here. It's cool that we finally get some cards released in America before they come out in Japan, and we get alternate Basculin/Darmanitan. I'm also eying that Musharna as well, but with Catcher in the format, I doubt it'll see much play.

I hope when this set comes state side that the Full Art EX come at least 3 per box. I'm planning on buying multiple boxes I just want the odds to be good.

My honest opinion? Too many "super rare/ultra rare" cards. Making FA cards of each EX was completely unnecessary, as was making 4 UR Shinings. This set will be a pain to complete, and I doubt I'll be buying a box because of it.

On the flip side, though, the art is pretty nice.

Code:
[P] Net Force: Does 40 damage times the number of Ranculus you have in play.

Should say Reuniclus.

The art in this set is great. However, I really dislike the FA EX cards. In my opinion, the normal EX card look so much better in terms of artwork. I'm seriously in love with Groudon EX's artwork. <3

Mentioned that earlier :p Off the top of my head, the best thing I can think of for Reuniclus is Eviolite on Solosis, to help with the Rare Candy nerf.

Another mistake I saw was it says Hydreigon evolves from Dihead but it should be Zweilous.. Anyway, set looks great

I want Chandelure. ({R}.) 90 damage for {R}.

Starmie is pretty good, 50 for {W} (but no Weakness, so no Reshiboar counter :( )

Oh, look! Our Unfezant! And Ferrothorn!

The Legendary birds are bad as ever, and Pikachu found its way in again :(

Cilan is totally broken, probably the best card in the set. I like the Uxie Lv.X power reprint on Musharna, that Arcanine's art is the best thing I have ever seen. This is looking like a good set.

Edit: Avatar equals=20% Cooler.

@WPM: for Reuniclus, you spelled Reuniclus Ranculus. Just to let you know.

Hmm. I like
Musharna, Leavanny, Cinccino, Skyarrow Bridge (ZPS keeps getting better), Vanilluxe, Gardevior, Bronzong, Heavy Ball, Cilan, Pokemon Center, and DCE.

ZPS is going to be BDIF.

so the secret rares are just shiny reprints of 2 pokemons with typings that are super effective against the cover pokemon type.

Hydreigon does not evolve from "Dihead." (I'm fairly sure that it was Jiheddo in Japanese...)
It evolves from Zweilous...
(am I posting this mistake notice in the right place?)

Oh sweet father of all that is holy. Kyogre and Groudon. Kyurem and Gigas. I can't take the awesomeness.

BEST. SET. EVER.

I can't look at them or I'll try to eat my screen.

Furn said:
I kind of wish I preordered a box of PD now instead of HB, but I'll deal with it.

The shiny choices really seem kind of random though, unless I'm missing some common thread - A reprint of a majorly featured Pokemon, one of the a shinies in the movie, a single one of the starters and some random second stage
Dark is effective against Psychic and Fire melts Ice. I guess, that is the pattern the choice followed, out of cards already featured in the BW-Era ( before the scans were posted, i thought the shinies in Hail Blizzard would be Metagross and Lucario. ).

First of all, i want to thank the team for collecting the scans and translating them.

Then, i must say that i really like this expansion. But the already visually stunning EX-remakes don't need Full Art reprints, at least in my opinion. The artwork in this set is very good. From the visually stunning cards like the new Beartic, and of course the EX-cards to the general theme of this set, which seems to be Castelia City. Pokémon taking a stroll in the streets like Scrafty checking out it's new hood, Bisharp posing in what seems to be an impasse, Gardevoir hovering around a fountain. It's such a lively, colorful scene that reflects the everyday life in Unova - out of many new and interesting perspectives. Also, i like that we see more Pokémon from older generations, especially the legendary birds ( sadly, the're competitively useless - like in Aquapolis. ) and the legendary Arcanine, which is depicted more gracile - like the sprite in games. Luxray on the rooftop surrounded by spotlights looks also great (and reminds me of Go West, Young Meowth".). Also, the redundant SRs have some pretty amazing artwork, too, like Mewtwo posing the king als usual and the rainbow pattern behind Regigigas. With the URs, the shining Pokémon return - with great new artworks. Sadly, the're not entire new cards. Competitively, the new Chandelure looks outstanding, with the low setup cost and the effect of it's "Bursting Flame"-Attack. So far, the exploitation mecanism has won and i really can't wait to order my boxes in a few weeks.

~Renoir

Hmm...

http://www.http://google.com/.com/images/Shaymin-LV.X-Platinum-PL-127.jpg
005.jpg

I was going to say that. Ya, they Shaymins look really similar. It looks like they reversed the art.

They're illustrated by the same person, I guess whoever was in charge of the art editing really liked the Level X.

Back