(1) All 'Black' and 'White Collection' Scans and Translations! [12/16]

@Jezel, amisheskimoninja
re: the holo

The border holo isn't a denotation of super/secret rare status in the BW-era. They're simply going all out with holo borders as well as the artwork background holo because they can. All the holos of this set, bar the actual secret cards (SR), are simply rares ( R ).

Having seen a photo of the Zekrom SR vs the scan, the holo of the SR prints is insane. Check it out. It's like a hybrid of Lv.X, ex, Legend, and Delta Species all in one hit and the entire card bar text is holographic.

Comparatively, this is the new standard holo. The photographs do them a lot more justice.

@X_empoleon_X
re: reprints

Because it's a trading card game. Thus, there is a collectors side to things as well. PCL in Japan have often attempted to appease both the collectors as well as the players with their more special cards, and in this case they're 100% catering for the collectors rather than offering something in the SR department for the players (something they've been doing since 2003, so this is honestly a breath of fresh air.)

Is pokemon catcher a trainer or supporter? Either way I don't care I'm running 4. I've never been so stoked on a reprint.

Pokemon Cathcer is a "goods" card. So, yes it is a trainer.

Once the format moves into RR-on (hopefully, to put SP to rest), things will certainly get interesting.

I'm liking the set. Cannot wait for translations. Finally a set that is not a reprint or completely worthless like Triumphant.

Gochiruzelle + Reshiram/Wailord/Somethying else with abnormally high HP for it's stage + Full Restore + seeker is going to be deadly. And a gust of wind reprint? talk about power creep. Poor Luxray... (I don't even play him, but if Luxray was so good, then Pokemon Catcher...)

Warvial's art makes me sad, but most of the set's art is pretty chill, especially Erufuun, Denchura, and Hihidaruma. As for the actual cards... Gust of Wind reprinted... look out metagame, you're screwed.

Im not into the TCG, but I really always love the arts, so... yay! I LOVE the art for Dotekkotsu!! Seriosly, it gives a even bigger strongman-showoff! 8D

Btw. as I said I was not into the TCG, may I ask where the rest cards is? Or is this all there is as yet? Is there no card for Roopushin? XD

@viperfox: Wow that holo pattern does look pretty nifty. But what I was actually going for is that primes are nothing but fancy looking holos. They had no purpose to begin with.

... Wow... Well, now I defiantly think there is going to be an instant rotation after this set gets printed. And, now I'm pretty sure that it's going to be HGSS on. Can you imagine Base set Alakasam reprint + Nidoqueen? Holy Moly....

As a side note, I'd better get to selling my Lux X fast, before this set gets printed. The will only drop from there.

Ohsnap, as usual, Pokemon never ceases to amaze me O: I always thought like "What could they do that's better than LEGENDs?", and those secret rares are definitely better than LEGENDs :p I srsly can't wait until May, it seems so far away D:

Anyway I do have some complaints (as usual), although the artwork is amazing, I'm really sad that Kawayoo didn't do any of the artwork, I sure hope he does some more in the future :C I'm also really sick of these 5Ban Graphics people (did they just fire every 3D artist that they've had since RS and hired these lazy people?), I've disliked them since I first saw Jarouda, and as I feared, they did Rankurusu, which does actually look p cool, but I would've preferred 2D art like Gochiruzeru had :C However, I love the secret rare artwork from them, it's like 3D versions of Ken Sugimori's art P: Also I didn't really like the new holo at first but after seeing viper.fox's post, it seems pretty cool, I'll have to see it in person before deciding if it's better than the galaxy foil (if they keep the new holo for America, that is) P:

Wait. I was wrong. They still have the grass starter to use in place of Nidoqueen even if it does get rotated to HGSS on. What was Pokemon thinking...

Nobody likes fishy?
Basurao – Water – HP80
Basic Pokemon

[C] Flail: Does 10 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokemon.
[W][C][C] Desperation: 80 damage. Flip 2 coins, if both are tails, this Pokemon also takes 80 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Well if japan is going to have heart gold soul silver on i know america will have it also. If there going to have heart gold soul silver on i see one card here that interests me and that is swanna i think that looks like a good fast card.

There are no specal cards in pokemon black and white....maybe they will have specal cards later?

Wow, I just can't believe they reprinted Gust of Wind. Total game changer there, seriously. It will be easy to get six Prizes from mainly anything now just like Luxray GL Lv.X...There are a lot of cards that may have potential, but it's so hard to see that until past Rotation. This will be interesting how it all goes.

dmaster out.

@amisheskimoninja
re: Holos

Aaaah. See, I'd argue the point that they were more than fancy looking holos, but that's because they were and still are heavily used in Japan. They're actually classed as Great Pokemon over there, and they're using them like ex cards - I'm way out of the loop for US/English gameplay, but I do know that Primes are sort of.. ridiculed.

Back