(1) Actual X/Y Music. Updated Cries for Older Pokemon [8/19]

Eh, I'm not digging the new updated cries for Mewtwo and Crobat; but at least it doesn't sound like it was a completely drastic change.

I do love the wild battle and rival music for X & Y.

Updated voice cries were a long time coming...based on the ones we heard, they sound great! Although, I doubt Pikachu's cry will be its animé voice in the finished product on October 12th.

I'm loving the new themes. The battle theme, congratulations theme and post-battle theme have a perfect mix of retro sound and modern twist to them. My favorite is the field theme, it sounds almost like it could belong to a Disney animated movie!

I believed I called Pikachu's anime voice a while ago, but the posts were deleted because they weren't relevant to the particular topic. (Pokemon-amie, which is where we first heard it.)

This is so awesome!

Wow! This music sounds great! I'm definitely picking up the soundtrack when it's released.

I really don't care much for the new cries, although I would agree that Pikachu's cry won't sound like that in the final release.

The new music sounds great! It has a really grand and sort of orchestral feel to it. Hopefully there are some long battles so I can appreciate the amazing music!

I wouldn't be suprised if Pikachu's cry stayed as this new one. Even if you're unfamiliar with Pokemon, chances are you know what Pikachu looks and (just as importantly) sounds like. It's part of the character.

Great music to fit the greatness of the game (so far).
This is going to really deepen the pokemon world experience, you get such a feeling from the background music in games and this just sets up for brilliance.

It wouldn't surprise me if Pikachu's cry has been changed to it's anime cry because it's the 15th anniversary of the anime this year in Japan. Not only that but fans will love hearing it and Pikachu is the mascot of the entire show.

THE MUSIC. YES. AWESOMESAUCE.

Now I really can't wait to hear the gym leader's theme, and the version posted on YouTube set the bar pretty low.

Rangermon said:
It wouldn't surprise me if Pikachu's cry has been changed to it's anime cry because it's the 15th anniversary of the anime this year in Japan.

That was last year. It started April 1, 1997.

---

Seems weird to me that they would ONLY have Pikachu's anime voice as a cry, but then again I guess Pikachu is probably the only Pokemon whose voice and name is consistent across every dub.

Glad they finally updated the victory music. It was disappointing when BW/BW2 reused HGSS's. :<

The guitar works so well - it really make the music sound powerful.

I love all the new HQ MIDI Instruments that are being used now, the old DS' sound capability/memory/whatever just didn't sound good at all... Although, HGSS and onwards did a decent job. Sounds like a genuine guitar is being played too so that means there are REAL INSTRUMENTS in there! :D So exciting.

This game is a proper dream come true right now. Fan service to the absolute max. xD

I like the Trainer Battle and Riding (Skiddo) music a lot. Mewtwo's updated cry sounds pretty cool, and crobat's is okay. Maybe it should of been a little more.... batty?

Their recordings reveal that Pokemon from older generations have updated cries.
...analysis of audio recordings confirmed that quite a while ago. Like, during the E3 press conference time period.

Gotta love that xylophone run at the start of the wild battle music.

I like the new cries, but Pikachu's namedropping is ugh. Like, I get why it did it in Yellow, and that was fine, but there's zero reason to do it in any other main-series game. Pokémon sounds differing between the games and the anime is just a thing that happens, like the differing PokéBall release effects. There's no need to try to merge the two.

I agree with DorianBlack. Why does Pikachu say its name, but no other Pokémon do? It make no sense.
IMO, Game Freak should either not have Pikachus voice in the game, or go all the way and have all Pokémon say their name.

blob55 said:
IMO, Game Freak should either not have Pikachus voice in the game, or go all the way and have all Pokémon say their name.
Exactly what I thought when I heard Pikachu's voice in the game. It just seems out of place for Pikachu to be the only one saying its name. I wonder why they included his anime voice.

Regardless, I'm happy to hear that they have updated the pokemon cries. Here's hoping that they all sound better than they did before. ^_^

I like that the cries are being updated! Why does only Pikachu get to say its own name, though! :( I wish that would happen for more of the Pokémon!

Gawd no. They need to leave it at Pikachu. That's the most intolerable thing in the anime for me and will make me never use a Pikachu again I guess /exaggerating

Makes you wonder though what will happen to Raichus cry x_x

Back