(1) A New Forme of Mewtwo Revealed for the 16th Movie? [4/3]

I like the idea that they specifically altered Mewtwo to help stop Genesect. Who knows, maybe Team Rockets junction with Team Plasma goes too far and Rocket detaches. They call on Mewtwo somehow, promise him more power, and voila, the new form. I doubt he would have been able to change into this by himself since he wasnt created to do that at the time, so it really does make it something new, not something he could just always do but we never knew about it until now.

But I havent been following the anime entirely, so im not sure on Rocket and Plasmas current standings. I just think its a cool idea.

Another thing, I have a feeling that Genesect will probably be able to talk. As aggravated as I get when every legendary in every movie has to talk, Psychic-type or not, it would kinda make the story more interesting in this case. Since they are both genetically improved Pokemon, I'd imagine there would be a lot to talk about, especially if Mewtwo has this new forum.

I had honestly hoped that Kyurem would get a complete form instead of Mewtwo getting a new form, sort of like the pokemon that would stop the fighting between the two rival teams, but I doubt that would happen, One thing's for sure, I definitely don't want this new Mewtwo form

Mitja said:
I just hope it doesn't end up being just a visual change like Resolution Keldeo. What was the point of that -.-
I mean they should have given Keldeo 20 more stats and changed them a bit or something, when it was supposed to have surpassed the other musketeers duh

Its bad enough Resolution Keldeo was barely a change from the original. He got some super saiyan hair and a bigger horn, big whoop. I like it better when they make alternate forums a little more interesting than that. I mean, I know they aren't supposed to be too different because they arent evolutions, they're the same pokemon obviously, but still. I think Shaymin pulled it off nicely.
I cant be too sure on this mewtwo form yet until I see the full body.

Gr8Ampharos said:
I had honestly hoped that Kyurem would get a complete form instead of Mewtwo getting a new form, sort of like the pokemon that would stop the fighting between the two rival teams, but I doubt that would happen, One thing's for sure, I definitely don't want this new Mewtwo form

You never know; the "complete" dragon could be an X/Y addition. Stranger things have happened.

And I ask you, and I suppose I ask anyone else - what does Mewtwo having a new forme matter to you? Why does it bother; like any other forme (if this even exists!) I would assume it requires some mechanic to activate it.

Just like Shaymin and Acreus needs a Key Item, Deerling a season, Giratina a hold item, Meloetta a special move, Darmanitan an ability, Kyurem a Key Item AND another Pokemon, and Deoxys an interaction with an outside object, if this Mewtwo forme is real, it would require something like that, making it optional. Why does there being an option bother? (I think I covered all the forme requirements, barring Pichu, Unown, and Basculin.)

Johnnieboilulz said:
Gr8Ampharos said:

You never know; the "complete" dragon could be an X/Y addition. Stranger things have happened.

And I ask you, and I suppose I ask anyone else - what does Mewtwo having a new forme matter to you? Why does it bother; like any other forme (if this even exists!) I would assume it requires some mechanic to activate it.

Just like Shaymin and Acreus needs a Key Item, Deerling a season, Giratina a hold item, Meloetta a special move, Darmanitan an ability, Kyurem a Key Item AND another Pokemon, and Deoxys an interaction with an outside object, if this Mewtwo forme is real, it would require something like that, making it optional. Why does there being an option bother? (I think I covered all the forme requirements, barring Pichu, Unown, and Basculin.)

What bother's me is the overall design, from what we cans see so far, it looks weirdly simplistic compared to Mewtwo's original design, Alot of people have taken to calling it Mewthree, but what I fail to understand is if this form of Mewtwo is supposed to be something stronger than his original form, then why does this design look weaker?

I personally think they missed out on an obvious form here. They should have had his head fork into 4 directions on the top and have his chest extend past his shoulders.

Something like this.... http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/b/b9/Cooler_Final_Form_%28DBZ%29.jpg

Gr8Ampharos said:
What bother's me is the overall design, from what we cans see so far, it looks weirdly simplistic compared to Mewtwo's original design, Alot of people have taken to calling it Mewthree, but what I fail to understand is if this form of Mewtwo is supposed to be something stronger than his original form, then why does this design look weaker?

I dont think simplicity has anything to do with how strong something looks, though. I mean, look at Mew, Porygon2, or even Shaymin. All fairly simplistic Pokemon, yet pretty powerful/legendary. I don't like it when they use these souped up designs to make something look strong, im glad they didn't over design this new forum, thats for sure.
I think Mewtwos original design is just fine. The new form keeps that same sort of simplicity, only its rearranged. Not in quite the way I'd do it, but it could be worse. And remember, we haven't even seen the design in full yet (if it really is legit), so there could be a lot were not seeing.

Gr8Ampharos said:
Johnnieboilulz said:

Being more streamlined for a new forme of a clone of mew makes sense, what doesn't make sense is that his tail moved up to his head.

I just realized by reading other posts in this thread that this is a definite fake because when Pokemon first started Mewtwo was a big deal and then followed was Mew which was a bigger deal and still unknown to this day if he was generated by Mewtwo or not or if he can be part of Mewtwo at all. This is fake guys. If this turns out to be real I will be shocked XD.:)

xxashxx said:
I just realized by reading other posts in this thread that this is a definite fake because when Pokemon first started Mewtwo was a big deal and then followed was Mew which was a bigger deal and still unknown to this day if he was generated by Mewtwo or not or if he can be part of Mewtwo at all. This is fake guys. If this turns out to be real I will be shocked XD.:)

Don't be so sure.

xxashxx said:
What do you mean?

Mewtwo was confirmed to be cloned from Mew by Team Rocket. Giovanni used Mewtwo in his gym by limiting Mewtwo's powers with a special suit until it turned against Team Rocket one day.

AtmosphericThunder said:
xxashxx said:
What do you mean?

Mewtwo was confirmed to be cloned from Mew by Team Rocket. Giovanni used Mewtwo in his gym by limiting Mewtwo's powers with a special suit until it turned against Team Rocket one day.

The Team Rocket part was only in the anime.

ArchedThunder said:
AtmosphericThunder said:
What do you mean?

The Team Rocket part was only in the anime.
Since we are talking about the movie universe, and assuming the Mewtwo is the same one that Ash met years ago in the movie universe, the background story I gave still applies.

Has anyone taken any notice that they are doing an illustration contest on the official movie site?

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/illustration_contest/

Edit - Oh wait, never mind. They have coloring pages for you to use...

Bolt the Cat said:
Metalizard said:
Mewtwo is a 680 BST Uber Legendary known as one of the strongest pokémon ever (only surpassed by Arceus)... I don't see how a new forme improves it...

Kyurem had 660 BST and he got new forms in BW2. They could do the same thing with Mewtwo, rearrange his stats and buff him up slightly (to 700), and then it'd be worthwhile.

Exactly my point. Kyurem, in its standard form, is intentionally weaker than the other dragons, the 2 formes were added to improve and make Kyurem stronger. It was all planned out in advance before B2W2 as the new formes were introduced in the same generation (same thing happened for Giratina, Shaymin, Rotom, and the Kami Trio).
While the BST of the pokémon I mentioned didn't increase (except for Rotom), they changed the stat distribution, and gave them new abilities, essencially making them different pokémon compared to the original forms.
The only bad ideia they had was the Keldeo form which is just an asthetic change (although Resolute form is arguably better looking than the original).
You can also point out (like others did) that Unown and Pichu got new forms after the generation they were introduced in, but Spiky-eared Pichu is also just a small asthetic change which couldn't even be transfered to gen V games, and the Unown ! and ? were only a generation late. Plus, they kinda complete the Unown group.
So, regarding what you said, (which I was also considering writing in my previous post), unless they want to increase Mewtwo's stats even more to match the Kyurem formes or even Arceus (reclaiming its title back), which isn't really necessary as Mewtwo's already very strong as it is (what are they gonna do? Add 10/20 points to its offenses or Sp. Atk and Speed? Not really significant IMO; maybe increase the defenses? not very likely as Mewtwo was build to be a special sweeper), there's not much reason to change Mewtwo after so many years...

106 - 120 - 100 - 164 - 100 - 130
just for the heck of it to show all the Arceus-worshipping people the middle finger ;D

Better than its stats not changing at all imo.

Mitja said:
16 - 12 - 10 - 16 - 10 - 13
just for the heck of it to show all the Sunkern-worshipping people the middle finger ;D

fix'd :(

Teal said:
Mitja said:
16 - 12 - 10 - 16 - 10 - 13
just for the heck of it to show all the Sunkern-worshipping people the middle finger ;D

fix'd :(

xDDDD

Who are the Sunkern-worshipping people? And why would you want to piss them off, they got it bad as it is lol

People keep on talking about the Pichu form, but I dont think it really counts as one. Its more of a gimmicky aesthetic change. Sure you could say the same about Unown and Basculin or really any other Pokemon, but there is a difference to those I'd say. There is, more or less, a reasoning behind their different forms (version differences, representing hieroglyphs, seasonal changes, etc.) The Pichu "form" is just a special snowflake that doesnt serve any purpose at all. Its almost like a second shiny version of it lol

Back