(1) A New Forme of Mewtwo Revealed for the 16th Movie? [4/3]

Hm... It certainly looks "different." If it does turn out to be real, hopefully the Sugimori art makes it look taller. It seems kind of short as-is.

I believe that there is a great chance this is real. I'm ok with this. The original Mewtwo looks fugly, this actually looks a little bit cool.

Ka$h Money said:
Form in Pokemon would mean that the Pokemon can change from one form to another and back. To my knowledge, Unown ! and ? are both different Pokemon to Unown A,B,C etc. and can't change to them when they please. The same applies to spiky ear Pichu.

It doesn't matter whether or not it can change back, a different form is a different form.
There is absolutely nothing saying they can't give Pokemon new forms in future generations, they can introduce them whenever they damn please. They just happen to do so within a generation to spice up third version games and remakes.

Too many people are moaning about it, I for one like it, and I wonder what new moves it will learn or what stats get increased.

Haven't read the thread but I liked Mewtwo as he was. It looks pretty skinny compared to the other one. He is wearing his tail as a hat!

I can be okay with it if we can get a good view of it. I want to know he has a tail or if that Majin Buu thing on his head is his "tail". Either way, I'd prefer a whole new Pokemon because I dont care for forms myself either. Also, that way it wont "ruin" the original Mewtwo, although I dont really see how that is possible unless this form is superior to the last.

I'm taking this with an enormous bucket of salt, but it could go either way at this point, and the "old Legendaries have never gotten new Formes before" argument is bunk, because every generation has broken previous precedents in several ways. We'll just have to wait and see, but if it is true, I'm thinking there's a good chance it's the thing Masuda will be revealing in a few days - the last time he participated in an announcement like this, it turned out to be Zoroark, which was movie-related as well.

I'm honestly more interested in the fact that Sableye is featured separately from all the other Pokémon on the official site. The only thing the site says about it is that it lives in Pokémon Hills and that it befriends Ash & Co. This probably means that Sableye will be in X & Y, but could it also hint at an evolution (like when Ash's Aipom followed him to Sinnoh in the show so they could show off Ambipom)?

I wonder if this will be the news they're revealing on Saturday, if its real that is.
Looks kind of weird though.

RangerX said:
Too many people are moaning about it, I for one like it, and I wonder what new moves it will learn or what stats get increased.

I just hope it doesn't end up being just a visual change like Resolution Keldeo. What was the point of that -.-
I mean they should have given Keldeo 20 more stats and changed them a bit or something, when it was supposed to have surpassed the other musketeers duh

Eh, it looks really weird, so I'm saying it's fake until told otherwise.

Mewtwo doesn't need a new form, especially when he went 10 or so years being the most powerful Pokemon in terms of game stats, and he's been the same for about 15 years.

AtmosphericThunder said:
Metalizard said:
looool... are they really going to do this? Like, is this the best they could do for the 16th movie? Picking up Mewtwo (which is already overrated) and then give it a new forme like 15 years later... lazy...
I don't even know what to think of the design: Mewtwo is already ugly as it is but this new forme is not much better either... Looks like Mewtwo as Frieza (in its final form) downgraded to its 3rd form...

Honestly, I hope it's fake. We don't need this.
It is not "lazy" to re-imagine the original strongest Pokemon in the world(according to the old movies).

You may not like how it looks, but other people could love it at first sight. The same goes for all Pokemon.

If Pokemon X and Y are to have a 'genetics' theme, then a new Mew clone or Mewtwo forme would fit in perfectly.

lol... Yes, it is. It's lazy because they could have come up with something new, like, I don't know... a new gen 6 pokémon, maybe? Instead of applying the new form trick again...
I said I don't care much about how it looks, specially because it isn't that much different from the original look (which also makes it unoriginal)...
Also, why would they re-imagine "the original strongest pokémon" after so much time? Weren't they happy with what they did all this time? Very unlikely...

I honestly am okay with it. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I think it looks kinda cool and weird at the same time. The head tail thing is a little odd, but not absolutely horrible in my opinion. I like the face/horn things they gave it, its slightly different than the original.

Im going to say its real from the amount of evidence. I don't think a fake would have paper this crumpled and messed up, unless whoever made it was a genius and did it deliberately to throw off the fans. But you never know either way.

I like it, i like the design. :)
I don't like the thing of the form, but i would like if it were Mewthree
All those people saying Pokémon sucks from 3rd gen, If you don't like it why do you still with it?

Metalizard said:
lol... Yes, it is. It's lazy because they could have come up with something new, like, I don't know... a new gen 6 pokémon, maybe? Instead of applying the new form trick again...
I said I don't care much about how it looks, specially because it isn't that much different from the original look (which also makes it unoriginal)...
Also, why would they re-imagine "the original strongest pokémon" after so much time? Weren't they happy with what they did all this time? Very unlikely...

By that logic, new evolutions are lazy too, because they're reusing old Pokemon for that, too.

It's just a way to improve upon old Pokemon, there's nothing wrong with that. It regenerates interest in old Pokemon.

Tails said:
Eh, it looks really weird, so I'm saying it's fake until told otherwise.

Mewtwo doesn't need a new form, especially when he went 10 or so years being the most powerful Pokemon in terms of game stats, and he's been the same for about 15 years.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. Think of it as Mewthree (possibly), a brand new pokemon. It really wouldn't affect Mewtwo too much (after all, consider how Mew really doesn't have an affect on Mewtwo in terms that Mew does not evolve into Mewtwo).

Back