(1) A New Forme of Mewtwo Revealed for the 16th Movie? [4/3]

Yeah no.
1. Looks awful, not even Sugimori would do this to us
2. Why now? Why not 3 generations earlier?
3. The "poster" looks fake as, poor condition and it's pretty much the same as one of the earlier ones.

Blui said:
and it's pretty much the same as one of the earlier ones.

With the exception that it's from Japan, which is why it's validity is up for questioning in the first place.

But on the off chance that it is real, what purpose would there be for giving Mewtwo a new Forme anyway, regardless of when he achieves it?

well this gonna be a first time an old pokemon get a new forme in another gen(Right?)
i think that the same way they made genesect they altered mewtwo or they made a clone of mewtwo or mewtwo gained new abilities

Blui said:
2. Why now? Why not 3 generations earlier?

same reason as for mewtwo appearing in a movie now.. cause they got nothing else to show off pre-gen6.

I was wondering if Mewtwo would get a new form in this movie.Not saying this design is real,It looks bad.They couldn't possibly give Mewtwo a look like that.

This obviously means every Pokemon is going to get a new forme. I mean, XY? Genes... DNA... Mutations... Yep. Mutated Pokemon. Welcome to the new world of Pokemon. Also, this clearly means we're getting gen 3 remakes.

Not really.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc[/video]

Disgusting. I really, really hope they don't mess up our childhood with this by making it a new forme for Mewtwo. I mean, you just don't mess with Mewtwo. EVER.

EDIT: If this truly is not a fake, has anyone noticed the eyes? They're a different color. Whereas Mewtwo's eyes are purple, these are almost a reddish amber. If you have noticed with previous pictures for new Pokemon formes, they keep the eyes the same. And the legs; they're so different. Different formes try to keep the same color scheme, which calls into question the difference with the legs. They are a dark, navy blue/purple instead of the purple-ish pink that Mewtwo has. I think that, if this is actually true, that this is a new Pokemon instead of a new forme.

lol, whats everyones problem? Its not like ANY design of Mewtwo that does not look identical to Mewtwo would satisfy you, right? :p

I for one like it.
Its not over the top, you can still recognize Mewtwo in it, and it looks more alien-like.

idk, Mewtwo itself always looked too plain to me, and while this thing doesn't get that much more complex (which is not what Id expect from a fake), its just enough.
I only dislike what we see of its legs so far.
Love the bow thing on its head (and top of legs, if you notice!)

No way to tell whether this is fake or real right now. The thrown away half printed second art is quite curious too.

EDIT:
the responses so far remind me of a poke-meme I saw recently which ended with
"Ive got to say I kinda feel sorry for the people of my generation who are still afraid to open their eyes on new stuff"

cause everytime any new unexpected design shows up (just think back to kami formes last year lol), either a suspicious but no-way-to-tell-professional leak or something official, 90% go into outrage for the full 3 turns simply because

m7mad133 said:
well this gonna be a first time an old pokemon get a new forme in another gen(Right?)
i think that the same way they made genesect they altered mewtwo or they made a clone of mewtwo or mewtwo gained new abilities

Pichu got a new form in gen 4 and Unown got new forms in gen 3.

That Mewtwo think looks like he absorbed some Celebi into him.

three prongs on the feet vs 2 seems "mewthree"-ish, but they look a little like chicken feet. It also looks like his tail goes into his head like the other thing used to. Not sure I like it, but I definitely don't hate it.

Just made an account to post this really
May be some truth in this, note the space under Mewtwo along side the Genesect forms
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/long.php

Back