(1) 45 New 'Dark Explorers' Cards, Including Tornadus-EX, Revealed! [4/21]

There are two Torchic in Dark Explorers. The Reckless Charge one is from the Tornadus deck, the Peck one being the one from Dark Rush.

TPZ said:
Heatmor is a rare? :/
Also, I hate worthless rares.. Looking at you, Glaceon and Slowking.
And why not make amazing cards rares like Slowbro. Geez.

They are the worst cards in the set (excludes commons and uncommons)
The set is cool for now, as the scans emerge the set will be complete (obviously)

i dont understand why they reprint juniper, N and cheren. they are in the BW era. but no junk arm or rare candy .... but we dont know the whole set yet so

Zorua said:
YES! I've always loved the alternate art for Juniper from the theme deck it was in. Now I just hope we get N's alternate art.

Besides the full-art N, I presume.

I've always preferred Kanako Eo's art over Sugimori's I particularly like the softer feel and circular design of her work. It's always adorable.

Nicor123 said:
i don't understand why they reprint juniper, N and cheren. they are in the BW era. but no junk arm or rare candy ... but we don't know the whole set yet so

Junk Arm won't appear. Rare Candy might be hard to obtain like in UL
Ophie said:
I've always preferred Kanako Eo's art over Sugimori's I particularly like the softer feel and circular design of her work. It's always adorable.

Yes Kanako Eo's art is nicer on cards than Ken Sugimori's. Sugimori is nicer though

I don't like what I see with the set, the rest of the rares better be good, Golden Catcher confirmed. *Hordes Worlds Stock*

Why is juniper reprinted? Oh, I get it. The trainers will problably go like this:
91. Cheren Reprint
92. Dark Claw
93. Dark Patch
94. N Reprint
95. Hooligans Jim and Cas
96. Crash Hammer
97. Old Amber Aerodactyl
98.Professor Juniper Reprint
99. Random reciever.
100. Rare candy
101. Ultra Ball
102. Twist Mountain
103-108 FA Ex's
109. Archeops
110. Gardevoir
111. Golden catcher

1 Bulbasaur
2 Ivysaur
3 Venusaur
4 Scyther
5 Carnivine
6 Leafeon
7 Dwebble
8 Crustle
9 Karrablast
10 Shelmet
11 Accelgor
12 Flareon
13 Entei EX
14 Torchic
15 Torchic
16 Combusken
17 Blaziken
18 Torkoal
19 Heatmor
20 Larvesta
21 Larvesta
22 Volcarona
23 Slowpoke
24 Slowbro
25 Vaporeon
26 Kyogre EX
27 Piplup
28 Prinplup
29 Empoleon
30 Glaceon
31 Tympole
32 Palpitoad
33 Vanillite
34 Vanillish
35 Ducklett
36 Swanna
37 Jolteon
38 Raikou EX
39 Plusle
40 Minun
41 Joltik
42 Joltik
43 Galvantula
44 Tynamo
45 Tynamo
46 Eelektrik
47 Eelektross
48 Espeon
49 Slowking
50 Woobat
51 Yamask
52 Cofagrigus
53 Aerodactyl
54 Groudon EX
55 Drillbur
56 Excadrill
57 Excadrill
58 Timburr
59 Gurdurr
60 Umbreon
61 Umbreon
62 Sableye
63 Darkrai EX
64 Sandile
65 Krokorok
66 Krookodile
67 Scraggy
68 Scrafty
69 Zorua
70 Zorua
71 Zoroark
72 Bisharp
73 Vullaby
74 Escavalier
75 Klink
76 Klang
77 Klinklang
78 Pawniard
79 Bisharp
80 Chansey
81 Chansey
82 Blissey
83 Eevee
84 Eevee
85 Chatot
86 Lilipup
87 Lilipup
88 Herdier
89 Stoutland
90 Tornadus EX
91 Cheren
92 Dark Claw
93 Dark Patch
94 Enhanced Hammer
95 Hooligans Jim and Cas
96 N
97 Old Amber Aerodactyl
98 Professor Juniper
99 Random Receiver
100 Rare Candy
101 Twist Mountain
102 Ultra Ball
103 Entei EX
104 Kyogre EX
105 Raikou EX
106 Groudon EX
107 Darkrai EX
108 Tornadus EX
109 Gardevoir
110 Archeops
111 Pokemon Catcher

That's the list :)

> Old Amber Aerodactyl

Tpci be trolling

Why are people complaining about "Old Amber Aerodactyl" again? It's an Aerodactyl in its Old Amber state, so obviously it's called Old Amber Aerodactyl.

Anyways, I'm glad the translators noticed the Hooligans reference and kept their in-game names.

FireMeowth said:
Why are people complaining about "Old Amber Aerodactyl" again? It's an Aerodactyl in its Old Amber state, so obviously it's called Old Amber Aerodactyl.

Because it was called "Old Amber" in the past.

I believe they changed the name to "Old Amber Aerodactyl" in order to prevent confusion with past Old Ambers, since the text change is so drastic.

No it isn't. >.> It clearly contains Aerodactyl DNA, but it's certainly not an Aerodactyl fossil. (And we know what those look like thanks to Mysterious Fossil. ;p) It's also likely much, much smaller than an Aerodactyl. More likely some prehistoric mosquito sucked up its DNA then got trapped. (And actually, if you look at the card art, it actually looks like this is the case.) That's how amber preserves DNA. The name is fairly nonsensical. Honestly, I think they should've subscripted the Aerodactyl to differentiate the card. (Similar to how Galactic's/Rocket's inventions are done.)

And I heavily disagree about it being due to confusion, Futachimaru. More than likely, it is to prevent Old Amber-evolving Aerodactyls becoming impossible to evolve into. (And thus rendering the evolution box redundant and questionable.)

The only thing I'm glad about is that they reprinted Juniper with much better artwork. I couldn't stand that Sugimori pose.

Well, this set looks interesting. I'll play Slowbro eventually. I just have to find a way to make it good.

So. I see you've finally decided to release the "too cute" Lillipup.

LillipupCobalionStrengthDeck6.jpg

Other than that, I got surprised a lot in this set. I thought for sure that they'd release the Tympole and Palpitoad in the next set, since there's a full Tympole family in that set. Bisharp #72 threw me off as well. I really was expecting Woobat, Zorua #70 and Vullaby to be Blister Promos or something.

Shouldn't Ducklett be before Vanillite and Vanillish? It's Numerically before it. I found a mistake. :)

Edit: CANT WAIT to try to get that darkrai!!! ^-^ I. WANT. BADLY!!!!!!

Thanks TPZ!!! ^-^

Nicor123 said:
i don't understand why they reprint juniper, N and cheren. they are in the BW era. but no junk arm or rare candy ... but we don't know the whole set yet so

Well, if you think about it, the reprints make sense. Typically, when rotation comes around, 4 sets are rotated out. That means Black and White (Base), Emerging Powers, Noble Victories, and Next Destinies will eventually be rotated. At this point in time, what Supporters do we even have after those sets? Just that Hooligans card. That's it. There weren't any new Supporters in the Dragon Selection, Dragon Blade, and Dragon Blast sets. So reprinting the best BW Supporters NOW, in the 5th English set, as opposed to Next Destinies (like I originally thought they would do, when I was speculating what would be in it) makes sense. They're just making sure we still have good Supporters once the rotation comes along. (And though I'm not sure about N, the Japanese have had Juniper and Cheren reprinted several times in decks; so they're making sure to keep those around in Japan too.)

Poor Glaceon...the last one we had was better, and it was uncommon. Slowbro is just what his ability states, an airhead :(
He cant even OHKO any good {R} types.

Hooligans/Beheeyem/Weavile disruption deck of the future :p

I love Torkoal's artwork though, very nice.

Areodactyl/Terrikion can crush any {L} types, even if they have Eviolite.

And is Random Reciever just a reprint of Pokegear 3.0? Seems like it...

Back