(1) ‘Pokemon Direct’ Tomorrow Morning! [9/3]

It's bound to be something huge. Last time they had one of these they revealed Gen 6.
Pokken fighters maybe? Haha, high hopes.

And starter evos. . .

P.DelSlayer said:
This is gonna sound dumb of me, but which of the timezones is UK time? (crosses fingers its not 7am)

BST which is 12pm I believe! (That stands for British Summer Time which is what we're in until the clocks turn back! Then it's GMT. :) )

MuhFugginMoose said:
It's bound to be something huge. Last time they had one of these they revealed Gen 6.
Pokken fighters maybe? Haha, high hopes.

Aha, well seeing as it's a Pokémon X and Y related reveal, I doubt it would actually be about Pokkén fighters! Still... What the gazebo could it possibly be? Hope it's nothing too game changing; they've talked about a hella lot of that recently!

If I could wish for something it'd be

"Here is how Fairy fits into the type chart, along with the other changes to make it more balanced... Steel gains a new weakness, Ice gains a handful of resistances...."

or

"Secondary types will only affect the Pokemon half as much as their primary type. This includes weaknesses/resistances and STAB. Meaning Gallade will be less weak to Flying than Medicham for example, due to their Fighting type being less/more prominent, but the other way around for their Ghost weakness etc... This also brings down quadruple weaknesses to 3x damage so they are not too severe..."

But its probably gonna be 3 pokes or mega-evolutions (along with the yet unrevealed other requirement), or some fancy feature.

Any news announced in a Nintendo Direct is huge (the only times we've gotten news from Nintendo Direct was the game's initial announcement, and the reveal of Fairy type, both of which showed significant changes to the gameplay), so I'm expecting more than just the new type chart or a few new Pokemon. It's probably going to be something along the lines of a new mechanic, cross gen transfers, or maybe even DLC.

BlankPoints said:
Finally the rain is falling after the recent news drought. I'm so hyped for tomorrow :)

News drought? Not really, we've been getting a steady stream of news since May. The only news drought we really had was from the game's announcement up until May, when the only other things revealed to us were the designs of Sylveon and MegaMewtwo (and literally nothing else about them).

I really hope it isn't just about cross gen transfers (that is, if they're mentioned at all). Even with the apparent difficulty Gamefreak had been having, I don't think news of it would be enough to warrant a Pokémon Direct.

I'm thinking it may be how Fairy fits into the type chart (along with any other possible changes), as I believe that info is what's expected in CoroCoro this month. I'm also wondering if Orrotto might finally be officially revealed.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Starter evooooooooooo's!!! Yeah I doubt that's happening..

Actually, this might be it.

Since (like others have said) Nintendo Direct have only revealed major game info (the initial announcement, Fairy type), its probably gonna be some big info. They're not just gonna show like 4 new mons, with their types and stuff and say 'lol thats it'. This Direct will reveal some big news.

Here are my predictions:
-Updated type chart to include Fairy, along with the list of all the previous Pokemon becoming Fairy
-Starter evos (if they mess up Froakie then they are all getting beatings.)
-More info about Mega Mons
(not all of these, just one)

Actually, I've just realized that Fairy type chart might be what this is.
The chart is confirmed to be in CoroCoro this month, so the dates wouldn't exactly be too far apart, and its kind of like one of the more important mechanics this gen, so they would get all the info out before game release (considering they're gonna want to make it clear for the kiddies playing)

Wow, you guys are way more optimistic than I am. But, then again, I guess we have reason to be, right? The last time they announced "the news of the century", it turned out to be the mega-evolutions. I just hope tomorrow they don't show us a bit of new gameplay footage, with the surprise being that its on the 2ds!

Let's hope they release a lot of information, maybe some new megalutions... new pokemon... something along those lines. Ooh and of course the ??? tab on the official x and y site, they might reveal what lays behind those mysterious question marks.

NoA is in freaking Washington and not only did I not get to go to pax in my hometown and play the pokemon demo, we dont get any mall events in my own town now I got to get up at 4AM to watch pokemon, whats with all the eastern favoritism? Althuogh I guess I prefer it to midnight or something.

Anyway, I predict starters reveal and something new , never thought of never seen thing, like fairy and mega evolutions were.

ECHOxLegend said:
NoA is in freaking Washington and not only did I not get to go to pax in my hometown and play the pokemon demo, we dont get any mall events in my own town now I got to get up at 4AM to watch pokemon, whats with all the eastern favoritism? Althuogh I guess I prefer it to midnight or something.

You've got it backwards. NoA is in the West Coast (Seattle IIRC), and there's been more west coast favoritism lately with no one on the East Coast getting a mall event for some stupid reason. The times happen to be more reasonable for the East Coast as a result of time zones, Pacific Time is always 3 hours behind Eastern Time, so in order for the broadcast to be simultaneous the Pacific Time broadcast must be 3 hours earlier in the day. That being said, I do have to wonder why this one is 3 hours earlier than it normally is for everyone, normally it's 7 am Pacific, 10 am Eastern, but they pushed it back 3 hours earlier for some reason.

Hahaha, so those people who predicted another Pokemon Direct before the end of the year were right. I'd think this is going to be closer to the Wonderful 101 Direct a few weeks ago, so expect a smorgasbord of new information rather than anything humongously huge. But I suppose you never know...

Holding out some hope for limited edition 3DS XL's. But my wallet sure isn't. D:

Is PB going to do the same thing this time as we did last time? With the chat room and stuff? That was pretty cool, and a bit surreal what with the whole taking place at 6 AM thing.

Bolt the Cat said:
That being said, I do have to wonder why this one is 3 hours earlier than it normally is for everyone, normally it's 7 am Pacific, 10 am Eastern, but they pushed it back 3 hours earlier for some reason.

Yeah, that happened with the last Pokemon Direct, but it was at 6 AM EST. I'd think it's because they want to maintain their air of internationalism; push back the event until 10 AM EDT, and you've now made Japan stay up until 11 PM.

I don't know why so many people think the starter evolutions will be revealed tomorrow; to the best of my knowledge, any starter evolutions we knew prior to release date (sans Blaziken, but that's a special case) were the result of leaks.

It will probably be a final core game mechanic that is exclusive to Pokémon X & Y, there is one final tab on the official website that is currently still labelled "???"

itsJoe said:
It will probably be a final core game mechanic that is exclusive to Pokémon X & Y, there is one final tab on the official website that is currently still labelled "???"

Dual-type moves?

Back