“VSTAR Universe” All 90 Stunning Secret Rares Revealed!

I’m…a little disappointed. The set has great arts, I’m not saying it’s bad. I just think they missed so many opportunities with the SARs. So many Pokémon got VStars and Vs this year and the vast majority of them will never get Special Arts. They didn’t even complete the Hisuian Starter trio.

Also I knew it was very unlikely that they would give a slot to Aggron V or Vmax (Aggron is my favorite Pokémon), but I’m shocked at some of the Pokémon they skipped. Lugia seemed like a guarantee for SAR. Figured we’d see Alolan Vulpix, Ho-oh, Regieleki and/or Flygon as SARs at least.
Ho-Oh really could have been a part of it, but maybe another day? But yeah, a character rare with Lilly and Alolan Vulpix is literally one of the strangest things to never be introduced considering Silver Tempest.

I'm kind of just whatever on this. I see a lot of people saying this set feels like it's going "all out" but is it really? If these 90 SRs were actually the set in and of itself that would be one thing, but as is it's just more SR bloat. "Best artwork ever"? Eh. Someone says this every set.

Maybe it's just me. Probably it's just me? But this whole time all the VSTAR Universe reveals have been making me think "this just feels like an unfocused Tag All Stars", and now that we've finally seen the full set, I feel ok saying as much.

wish the Arceus and others didn't have the gold tint. can you tell if its part of the original art or is it done in post like regular gold cards? wonder if we could see nongold versions someday

I’m…a little disappointed. The set has great arts, I’m not saying it’s bad. I just think they missed so many opportunities with the SARs. So many Pokémon got VStars and Vs this year and the vast majority of them will never get Special Arts. They didn’t even complete the Hisuian Starter trio.

Also I knew it was very unlikely that they would give a slot to Aggron V or Vmax (Aggron is my favorite Pokémon), but I’m shocked at some of the Pokémon they skipped. Lugia seemed like a guarantee for SAR. Figured we’d see Alolan Vulpix, Ho-oh, Regieleki and/or Flygon as SARs at least.
Exactly. I feel like they featured too many of the same Pokemon. We were robbed of a Ho-Oh alt art!

Some other "strange" things with this set:

Not only SAR Charizard VMAX is absent but FA Gym Trainer (that we got in Silver Tempest) is also not in the set, this means both are likely future Japan promos.
More cards that are missing are the FA Hoopa V that was said to be #147 in Crown Zenith in that list that was released for Worlds, and the Rillaboom, Inteleon and Cinderace alternate prints that we are getting in our Pin Collection.
With the new cards from VSTAR Universe there are 153 cards for the setlist of Crown Zenith (not accounting for some intentionally excluded ones that don't fit the numbering from that same list), but in the set description it mentions that the set will have over 160 cards.
Japan still has around 30 promo numbers to go through for the SWSH era, so all of this leads me to believe we might be getting more future japanese promos in Crown Zenith.

I didn’t even think about that last part. I guess our Crown Zenith Art Rares might not be fully complete then if Japan is to release more Promos including Charizard VMAX.

Actually I want to add to this but your list has the gallery complete at 70. Would there really be any cards missing? Or would we also get them as Promos?

Last edited:
I'm kind of just whatever on this. I see a lot of people saying this set feels like it's going "all out" but is it really? If these 90 SRs were actually the set in and of itself that would be one thing, but as is it's just more SR bloat. "Best artwork ever"? Eh. Someone says this every set.

Maybe it's just me. Probably it's just me? But this whole time all the VSTAR Universe reveals have been making me think "this just feels like an unfocused Tag All Stars", and now that we've finally seen the full set, I feel ok saying as much.
You have 82 "alt arts" - how can it not have the best artwork ever when most sets are just filled with CGI crap?

Tag All Stars, in hindsight, isn't a great set. Where was the send off? Just gold cards? Lots of trainers of course, but we have that here. Maybe the alt arts weren't the chase of that era but then what, more rainbows and bland coloured FAs? Nope, that had nothing on this.

And focus-wise, most chosen are playable cards, so that's the focus, same as it ever was.

Yes, you're a bit crazy lmao. It's the combination of artistry, personality, and playablility of these cards (when they aren't playable competitively, they were at least selected to be interesting mechanically 90%of the time) that makes this whole collection special. I just think that cards like the Hisuian Zoroark Vstar and the golden Arceus/Dialga/Palkia/Giratina look like nothing we've seen before really elevates this; in addition, I love how many cards reference each other (the 9 in the same art, the golden cards, Mewtwo and Charizard Vstar). For me, trainer galleries and alt arts have been my favorite cards in each Pokemon set. And this just has a crap ton of them, so of course I love it.

I was hoping for a luxray special art. They had some many luxrays in swsh and even a V + Full Art. It's not only because it's my favorite pokémon but it would fit perfectly with legends arceus and the Sinnoh remakes. I would say it's a favorite pokémon of a lot of Gen 4 fans.
Sad.
Tge gold cards on the other hand and the zoroark vstar are next level shit.
Can't wait to not pull them. :D

I didn’t even think about that last part. I guess our Crown Zenith Art Rares might not be fully complete then if Japan is to release more Promos including Charizard VMAX.

Actually I want to add to this but your list has the gallery complete at 70. Would there really be any cards missing? Or would we also get them as Promos?
Nowhere did I say that we would be getting more AR/SARs. They might be just regular FAs like the Gym Trainer card I mentioned.

You have 82 "alt arts" - how can it not have the best artwork ever when most sets are just filled with CGI crap?
(1) It's bloat. It's unfocused. It's just a big set with a lot of cards. Good luck collecting them.
(2) "CGI crap" is such an asinine dismissal of a number of great cards.

I don't really feel like picking through the rest of this but yeah no, Tag All Stars was better than this. Thanks for the flippant dismissal of it to make me more sure of my opinion.

Never? That was only speculation, Pokémon never promised anything.
It’s been confirmed there is another Charizard vstar in the Crown Zenith set. The only rumor is whether it will be shiny or not. And considering they’ve made a shiny zard in every recent form (gx, V & Vmax), it would be weird if they skipped on shiny vstar

Back