dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
It’s been confirmed there is another Charizard vstar in the Crown Zenith set. The only rumor is whether it will be shiny or not. And considering they’ve made a shiny zard in every recent form (gx, V & Vmax), it would be weird if they skipped on shiny vstar
The Charizard VSTAR in Crown Zenith is the one from the Special Deck Set that WAS rumoured to be shiny but wasn't:
042227_P_RIZADONVSTAR.jpg

bdawg923

Aspiring Trainer
Why do the cards say a set in parentheses next to the name? Like Dialga (Astral Radiance) or whatever

The Blast Boys

Aspiring Trainer
This is how gold secret rares should look all the time going forward. Make them a) gold b) alternative full art but also make them c) shiny.

That's how they used to come in B&W when the gold secrets were at their high point in the modern era imo.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I've seen full-fledged Triple A games and multi-million dollar movies that have shocked me less than the art in this set. The cards here are what people mean when they talk about incomprehensible horror- except, instead of horror, it's incomprehensible brilliance.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
This set is going to be so much fun! I wonder when we’ll see the shiny Zard vstar that Pokémon promised us
hopefully the artist hired for that one gives up on art altogether, i would rather lick tree bark that look at another charizard card

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
You have 82 "alt arts" - how can it not have the best artwork ever when most sets are just filled with CGI crap?

Tag All Stars, in hindsight, isn't a great set. Where was the send off? Just gold cards? Lots of trainers of course, but we have that here. Maybe the alt arts weren't the chase of that era but then what, more rainbows and bland coloured FAs? Nope, that had nothing on this.

And focus-wise, most chosen are playable cards, so that's the focus, same as it ever was.

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, into the silent water
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground
Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I would kill for a special Pidgeot card like this. I mean, it has to happen at some point but I cant wait. These cards are looking great. Might have to start collecting again. Im super happy for Oricorio though. This particular one seems to get more attention than the other. Would love to see Pom-pom sometimes.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I’m…a little disappointed. The set has great arts, I’m not saying it’s bad. I just think they missed so many opportunities with the SARs. So many Pokémon got VStars and Vs this year and the vast majority of them will never get Special Arts. They didn’t even complete the Hisuian Starter trio.

Also I knew it was very unlikely that they would give a slot to Aggron V or Vmax (Aggron is my favorite Pokémon), but I’m shocked at some of the Pokémon they skipped. Lugia seemed like a guarantee for SAR. Figured we’d see Alolan Vulpix, Ho-oh, Regieleki and/or Flygon as SARs at least.
I have to agree, Not giving Pidgeot V a alt art or similar seems like a huge missed oppertunity and seeing the Zoroark made me go "another one". They have been doing good, branching out a bit but they need to give other Pokemon some love.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
The Lance's Charizard and Dark Sylveon were printed as store tournament promos in other Asian regions (at least Thailand and Indonesia). Kind of strange that Japan didn't get them but if they would ever print it, it should be in a similar fashion.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
i mean, it is, but also I'm talking about the art. nobody asked for this level of rudeness for something so inane, dog 😕
That quote of yours was awful, just say this was the best artwork yet rather than better than everything in your life. I went on to delete my comment and I know you won't delete yours from the link below:

I will man up until the base set of Scarlet and Violet; I should part way with Pokemon afterward.