“Pokemon Trading Card Game Classic” Deck Lists, Holo Patterns, and Details!

These are very pretty proxies that are going for an outrageous price and that you'll never get your hands on.

Is there any info on which cards will be holos? It's a bit hard to make out from the pictures of the whole decks.

As a Vending Series collector, the English Vending Mime fills the nerd in me with so much joy! This set is a must-have!

Of course Japan gets the better looking cards, though that holo does remind me of the 25th Celebrations set and a bit of Legends. Maybe they could've gone with a different color like purple for a change?
Japanese cards always look better, no surprise.

By the way @Water Pokémon Master, if you're able to get a better quality photo of Lt. Surge's Raticate from the Blastoise deck, I would be very interested. The original Super Fang has a "round to the nearest 10" damage calculation that hasn't been seen in the English TCG since Neo Revelation Golbat (and/or some Legendary Collection reprints), and hasn't been seen in the JP TCG since Pokémon VS Koga's Crobat. We still have addition, subtraction, multiplication and any number of other (sometimes convoluted) damage calculation steps, but despite the thousands of cards printed and all the years gone by, rounding has been completely absent.

Given this, I'm actually quite surprised that they've reprinted this card, so I'm curious if Super Fang has retained its original effect and damage calculation, or had its effect altered.
It's modified. first, the "?" is removed. Second, it appears to have more writing than the original. Have a look below.
1691980006185.png
Citation: I got the left pics from pkmncards and the one on the right from pokebeach.

A. Copyright pkmncards ;)
B. Copyright pokebeach ;)

I won't be sued :D

These cards are not really reprints. Beside the fact that the language of the cards has been tweaked to reflect modern language conventions, the function of at least one of these cards has been tweaked – Charizard's Pokémon Power has a different functionality from the original card, so that we're finally free of a WOTC mistranslation that affects gameplay, on the most famous card in the English TCG. (I wrote about this on my blog.)

EDIT: That the original JP cards have holofoil borders does not "match how the cards were originally printed in their languages," JP cards from the era in question didn't have holofoil borders. Actually, now that yellow borders have formally been dropped from the English TCG, I'm confused why the English cards don't have gold borders and holofoil – it's a deliberate nerf when put next to their Japanese counterparts. Hopefully they move on from yellow borders for future retro-themed products.
in this case, your blog is very misleading. The heads of wotc used magic priority fifo rules with many pokémon powers in their translations, including ones with static abilities. You mention this later and you link to Matoba. To say charizard is 'mistranslated' (in the same way as slowking for example) is a stretch. It has been not-quite-but-basically-reprinted before with original functionality, so there's no surprise its the same here.

I love the aesthetics of this set! I really hope they sell spare damage counters as I'd love to use them in normal play. I really like the energy too but I don't see myself pulling them from their decks and actually using them on a regular basis unless they sold extras of those as well.

By the way @Water Pokémon Master, if you're able to get a better quality photo of Lt. Surge's Raticate from the Blastoise deck, I would be very interested. The original Super Fang has a "round to the nearest 10" damage calculation that hasn't been seen in the English TCG since Neo Revelation Golbat (and/or some Legendary Collection reprints), and hasn't been seen in the JP TCG since Pokémon VS Koga's Crobat. We still have addition, subtraction, multiplication and any number of other (sometimes convoluted) damage calculation steps, but despite the thousands of cards printed and all the years gone by, rounding has been completely absent.

Given this, I'm actually quite surprised that they've reprinted this card, so I'm curious if Super Fang has retained its original effect and damage calculation, or had its effect altered.
Screenshot_2023-08-14-12-08-19-79_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Back