“Pokemon TCG Pocket” Immersive Collecting App Coming in 2024!

Here's a list of other notable cards revealed in this, mainly in regards to the new 2 prizers and some other cards:

Gardevoir – Psychic – HP 110
Stage 2 – Evolves from Kirlia

Ability - Psy Shadow
Once during your turn, you may take 1 [P] Energy from your Energy Zone and attach it to the [P] Pokémon in the Active Spot.

[P][P][C] Psyshot: 60

Weakness: [D]+20
Retreat: [C][C]

Moltres ex – Fire – HP 140
Basic

[R] Inferno Dance: Flip 3 coins. Take an amount of [R] Energy from your Energy Zone equal to the amount of heads and attach them to your Benched [R] Pokemon in any way you like.

[R][C][C] Heat Blast: 70
Weakness: [L]+20

Pikachu ex – Lightning – HP 120
Basic

[L][L] Circle Circuit: 30x This attack does 30 damage for each of your Benched [L] Pokemon.

Weakness: [F]+20

Charizard ex – Fire – HP 180
Stage 2 – Evolves from Charmeleon

[R][C][C] Slash: 60

[R][F][C][C] Crimson Storm: 200 Discard 2 [R] Energy from this Pokemon.

Weakness: [W]+20

Mewtwo ex – Psychic – HP 150
Basic

[P][C] Psychic Sphere: 50

[P][P][C][C] Crimson Storm: 150 Discard 2 [P] Energy from this Pokemon.

Weakness: [D]+20

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Cryptocurrency is an incredibly promising technology that is indeed mostly populated by "ponzi schemes", but that's not really a fault of the technology itself. I tend to blame that more on the general public – NFTs damage the environment? Where and when, and was it ever worse than the current financial system? These kinds of views come from hot takes espoused by uneducated journalists and even Youtubers passing off their uneducated first impressions as fact. There have definitely been points in the development of cryptocurrency technology that certain chains were horrendously energy inefficient, but compare their environmental impact to that of the existing banking system – your "normal money" bank account is not 'carbon neutral'. There are, as you read this, several brick and mortar banks with their lights on, their coffee machines are turned on, the employees drove their cars to get there this morning...

Personally, I do not believe that any current cryptocurrency is a sensible replacement for extant financial systems – maybe I'm a bit old school, but it seems ludicrous – but in a video game like this one, NFTs would make perfect sense here, and I hope (likely in vein) that the app's technology does look at using NFTs to power the backend.
LOL, the fact that an entire brick-and-mortar bank that services many people has to be compared to a single NFT transaction shows how messed up that system is. Seriously, never thought I'd see a crypto shill in 2024. If Pokémon ever implements NFTs, that would be the one thing that would make me quit the franchise for good. Dexit didn't stop me, the lootboxes didn't stop me, the rushed out games didn't stop me, but NFTs would be the sign that TPCi cares about nothing but money.

01.png61aj4ISEYgL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Anyone else notice the upgrade to the x y era ex cards? These are most likely gonna be what comes in all the sets next year since scarlet and violet seems to be coming to an end pretty quick here. Maybe like 5 more scarlet violet sets and then the new z to a sets start next summer. Definitely hoping they bring the fairy card back too like they do for dragons all the time. Here's hoping the mega cards keep the cool Japanese gold writing on them. Also what're some of your most wanted new megas? Mine are mainly from gen 6 and I'm thinking noivern, hawlucha, furfroo, clawitzer and dragalge, then avalugg and maybe like even some gen 7-8 in the past had megas before the stones became more rare.

Anyone else notice the upgrade to the x y era ex cards? These are most likely gonna be what comes in all the sets next year since scarlet and violet seems to be coming to an end pretty quick here. Maybe like 5 more scarlet violet sets and then the new z to a sets start next summer. Definitely hoping they bring the fairy card back too like they do for dragons all the time. Here's hoping the mega cards keep the cool Japanese gold writing on them. Also what're some of your most wanted new megas? Mine are mainly from gen 6 and I'm thinking noivern, hawlucha, furfroo, clawitzer and dragalge, then avalugg and maybe like even some gen 7-8 in the past had megas before the stones became more rare.
Highly doubt they gonna introduce a new type in the middle of a series, these types of changes always start at the beginning of a block, specially if they have no plan of keeping it going forward. Introducing a whole new type for it to get support for only 3-4 sets is dumb. Also, people keep comparing it with how they did it to dragon in gen 8 but the difference is that they never announced that dragon was being retired from the tcg. They simply didn't print any for a while. Fairy was retired, its energy rotated. It's a whole different situation.

While I have very little interest in this, it is nice to see retro artworks in higher quality (Slowbro, Hitmonlee Vulpix etc.). Makes me want another expansion like Champion Road with a bunch of buffed reprints from base set through power keepers.

Willfully misreading posts doesn't get you any points. The energy impact of the entire cryptocurrency system does not compare unfavorably to the energy impact of the entire existing banking system. People who claim NFTs are "bad for the environment" have no idea what they are talking about and are parroting incorrect information.

If these cards were to be sold to users as NFTs, this opens up a number of opportunities, including, but not limited to, having the potential to 'own' the card. As we know, all gachas, mobile games, etc. do not keep their servers up forever, and when the game ends, it ends. It won't matter how much money you've spent on the game, if your profile/assets/etc. were stored on a host-side server, then when they shut the server down, you'll have nothing. That, for me, would be the most critical thing here – DeNA's management of Pokémon Masters is not terrible, but there is a clear sense that when it ends, it'll end and you'll effectively have nothing for it.

An app like this one, where the emphasis is clearly going to be on collection and a sense of 'owning' that collection, needs some kind of way for the collection to survive server shutdowns, app and/or OS upgrades, etc. because otherwise you can just stare at pkmncards.com and send a cheque in the mail to TPC every now and again and get very much the same experience as what this app would be offering.

This mischaracterization as "cryptoshill" is also asinine. I have some interactions with cryptoshills as such, and I regularly tell these people they are inane morons who waste a promising technology on financial nonsense that boils down to little more than gambling. Yes, there are cryptoshills, and they are idiots, but you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater where when you refuse to acknowledge the idea that blockchain technology is promising, does have its use cases, and makes perfect sense here.
Bitcoin alone uses more power than the Phillipines, a country with over 100 million people (and 13 thousand banks, by the way), but go on ahead about how brick-and-mortar banks are the real problem. The amount of power needed to run an NFT operation on that scale is scary, but fortunately it's so impractical that it will never be a reality.

Highly doubt they gonna introduce a new type in the middle of a series, these types of changes always start at the beginning of a block, specially if they have no plan of keeping it going forward. Introducing a whole new type for it to get support for only 3-4 sets is dumb. Also, people keep comparing it with how they did it to dragon in gen 8 but the difference is that they never announced that dragon was being retired from the tcg. They simply didn't print any for a while. Fairy was retired, its energy rotated. It's a whole different situation.
Ah ok ok I'd totally misunderstood that whole situation then I'd just thought they'd hold off for a while. Still super excited for all the new mega cards and such gonna be ?

If these cards were to be sold to users as NFTs, this opens up a number of opportunities, including, but not limited to, having the potential to 'own' the card.
There are actually people who still believe this??
NFTs do not store any data beyond a simple string. That string points to a classical database, which can go down on the whim of its holder. If the game goes down, your precious NFTs stop pointing to anything. You don't own anything beyond the string. It's also debatable how much you "own" the string, since it's public and anyone can view where it points to.
NFTs are absolutely a scam because, unlike "fiat currency", collectibles actually have value just from the fact they exist. NFTs could be used for some security applications, but nobody wants to touch them with a 10-foot pole because of the scams.

Even an audio file is, ultimately, a "simple string".
No, it is not, it is kilobytes upon kilobytes of data in a specific format. And what makes me "own" that MP3 is that it is stored on a physical device I own. NFTs cannot store an MP3, they cannot store a picture, they cannot store anything beyond a link to someone else's database - a database you have no control over, where the owner can replace or delete the content you think you own at any moment. NFTs give you no ownership of anything.
I'm baffled at this bit – you don't realize you're making an argument in favor of NFTs here? Really?
How is your NFT going to help you when the game goes down? Someone would have to recreate an entire database, honoring every NFT link, for it to have any dubious "value" again. The only thing that would give NFT like that value would be an authority - like the game's developers - honoring the link between your crypto wallet and NFT content in their game. Which kind of defeats the entire point of using crypto, which is meant to be decentralized.
I would rather pay to own an mp3 than pay to own the right to stream it from a server.
I don't actually think you know how this technology works.

Back