“Ancient Roar” and “Future Flash” Officially Revealed, Including Sandy Shocks ex!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Japanese sets Ancient Roar and Future Flash were just revealed during a tournament livestream in Japan! They will release on October 27th. We first discovered their trademarks in March.

1920x1080-vtime5_42_34-take2023-09-09-23.07.15-300x169.png

1920x1080-vtime5_48_38-take2023-09-09-23.09.00-300x169.png

In English we’ll get the cards from Ancient Roar and Future Flash in November’s Paradox Rift, which was revealed last month. This is again a rare instance of a Japanese set being revealed after an English set.

Paradox-Rift-Products-300x189.jpg

The following cards were...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Weird that Sada is specific to Ancient Pokemon, while Turo works on anything. I know Single and Rapid Strike had some that were arch-type specific and some that were generic, but are we actually going to get more Ancient and Future supporters?

Also both arch-types look incredible.

Future gets a tool that combines the 2 strongest tools in the TCG (Muscle Band and Float Stone, both still seeing massive use in Expanded) into 1 card, and gets one of the strongest searchers ever as an item card.

Ancient gets a great tool that bolsters bulk considerably and dodges status cheese, and also gets one of the strongest energy acceleration supporters ever.

The ancient item that searches energy is also great in all kinds of decks, like Gardevoir. Tulip is a better Klara in psychic decks (unless you want to recycle Manaphys, granted there is also Rod for that), and Mela is an alternate to Raihan (and fill his void in decks with Fire Energy when he rotates).

Iron Hands ex can also be a cute option in Miraidon to skew prize trades, with Flaffy (until it rotates) and Generators to power it up.

All in all these reveals are pretty massive.

Last edited:
Lost Box when it's newest partner is a cyber sumo wrestler.

AZ is back !!!! but now hes like, hot n stuff !!!! !!! !!!!!

Reactions: PMJ
Prof. Sada's Determination - it's just ridiculously good. 5
Earthen Vessel - 5, not a direct reprint of Prof. Letter but a 1-of in most decks, if they're desperate for an energy in early game.
Slither Wing - do better. 120 ain't enough with that massive recoil. 3
Sandy Shocks ex - same thing here. 200 still not enough, I want 230, at least I can KO a 2-prized without extra help. 3
Iron Hands ex - we see this in Guzzlord and it barely had some use. I better use Flaaffy on smth like Miraidon not this one. 3
Iron Jugulis - wtf? What could you get from 170 on 3 that doesn't hit for weakness? Dark would be justified since you can KO Gardevoir in that range. FBEC, ... I almost say Reversal but Reversal only works on evolved Pokemon and 3 energy is still expensive. 2
Future Booster Energy Capsule - do I need to say how good this is? 5, free retreat on Future Pokemon. Float Stone will nvr going to reprint after this.
Professor Turo's Scenario - weird that they directly reprint AZ. Scoop Up Net also will never reprinted after this. 5
Future Radar - consistency. 4-5
Tulip - I almost say Gardevoir boost but Gardevoir attaches from discard, so no. I rather use it on Gholdengo. 4
Mela - mid. 3

Well at least one of my predictions was right, I thought that Professor Sada and Turo cards would be made and I thought that at least one of them was gonna let you pick up an Ancient or a Future pokemon from the board but Turo lets u pick up any which is great. The earth vessel is great for gholdengo and almost every card shown here except maybe slither wing will see play at some point, all really great cards here.

Iron Hands ex - we see this in Guzzlord and it barely had some use. I better use Flaaffy on smth like Miraidon not this one. 3
Guzzlord didn't have the ability to boost its attack enough to KO basic multi-prize Pokemon, I can definitely see turbo Iron Hands, running enough energy with Electric Generator can get 4 on there along with a manual attach, then with Future Boost Energy Capsule and 3 Regieleki VMax you're hitting 230 and also in general in this format being able to take extra prizes against Lost Box many single prizers makes the matchup better.

Iron Jugulis - wtf? What could you get from 170 on 3 that doesn't hit for weakness? Dark would be justified since you can KO Gardevoir in that range. FBEC, ... I almost say Reversal but Reversal only works on evolved Pokemon and 3 energy is still expensive. 2
This could definitely be a good inclusion in Lost Box, Colorless energy requirement is a lot easier to fulfil than typed requirements, the deck uses Snorlax already to have something to power up no matter what types of energy are still currently left in your deck, Iron Jugulis with Future Boost Energy Capsule does 170 for 3, just 10 less than Snorlax and also gives you the option to spread 150-170 (depending if you hit the active) which also complements Sableye counter drops, having both options on 1 Pokemon is very nice.

Guzzlord didn't have the ability to boost its attack enough to KO basic multi-prize Pokemon, I can definitely see turbo Iron Hands, running enough energy with Electric Generator can get 4 on there along with a manual attach, then with Future Boost Energy Capsule and 3 Regieleki VMax you're hitting 230 and also in general in this format being able to take extra prizes against Lost Box many single prizers makes the matchup better.

This could definitely be a good inclusion in Lost Box, Colorless energy requirement is a lot easier to fulfil than typed requirements, the deck uses Snorlax already to have something to power up no matter what types of energy are still currently left in your deck, Iron Jugulis with Future Boost Energy Capsule does 170 for 3, just 10 less than Snorlax and also gives you the option to spread 150-170 (depending if you hit the active) which also complements Sableye counter drops, having both options on 1 Pokemon is very nice.
oh come on, not this BSh again

Not a lot of type synergy within each paradox category, unlike Rapid Strike which had a lot of Water and Single Strike which had a lot of dark. Maybe we'll get Future Rainbow Energy and Ancient Rainbow Energy.

Earth Vessel and Turo are clearly the best cards.

Sada is a really good supporter that just... doesn't have many good options to attach to. Scream Tail is way better off in a deck that does not need Sada (Gardevoir). Slither Wing, Brute Bonnet, and Sandy Shocks all have very awkward damage that don't work well to hit things efficiently. As of now Sada's kinda just left with this turbo-dark deck for Roaring Moon, which is very feasible to do between all the searching, discarding, and 2 different cards for energy accel (Dark Patch and Sada). Roaring Moon hitting 290 HP with Ancient Booster Capsule is also a great niche for the tool.

We need to find out if Future pokemon have any decent method of energy acceleration. Otherwise, they just end up in different decks and Future Radar kinda loses value. Iron Valiant is so far the only attacker in there that really stands out. Future Energy Capsule letting Iron Valiant hit 230 without needing to put its damage counters on the active is a great niche too.

I don't really know what to think of Mela because it doesn't help your early game at all, and the only pokemon that really get benefit out of it are pokemon that need 3 attachments and at least 1 fire. Pretty much all this does is fix up some clunk in Arcanine ex or some dedicated fire box deck running Delphox V, but those ideas are still really clunky even with Mela.

Tulip will not be tried in Gardy considering we haven't already seen Klara be tried. I don't think you're bothering to play this as an engine in Gholdengo either, and instead are focusing on consistency through metal energy, high drawpower, and energy retrieval items.

While that is correct about Guzzlord, Iron Hands / Eleki will not work well for the same reason Miraidon / Eleki does not work well.

Back